- Mexico qualifies for 6th straight World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:42 am
- Mexico qualifies for WCup with 4-2 win over NZ Updated: Nov-20-13 3:53 am
- Mexico loss a setback for New Zealand football Updated: Nov-14-13 10:16 pm
- Mexico beats New Zealand 5-1 in first leg Updated: Nov-13-13 8:39 pm
- Mexico beats New Zealand 5-1 in first-leg playoff Updated: Nov-13-13 7:24 pm
- Mexico must overcome NZ to avoid missing WCup Updated: Nov-11-13 3:38 pm
- US women's football team beats Brazil 4-1 Updated: Nov-10-13 7:57 pm
- US women's soccer team beats Brazil 4-1 Updated: Nov-10-13 7:47 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Mexico needed to travel an extra 14,000 miles to reach next year's World Cup.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Mexico qualified for the World Cup after beating New Zealand 4-2 in the second leg of an inter-continental playoff Wednesday, bringing an end to one of its most troubled and divisive qualifying campaigns.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand football's greatest celebration is in danger of becoming a very distant memory after the national team's 5-1 loss to Mexico in the first leg of a World Cup qualifying playoff in Mexico City.
MEXICO CITY - Oribe Peralta scored twice and Mexico beat New Zealand 5-1 on Wednesday in the first leg of their intercontinental playoff to close in on a spot in the World Cup next year.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico swept to a 5-1 victory over New Zealand in the first leg of their intercontinental playoff on Wednesday to become the overwhelming favorite for a place at next year's World Cup finals.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico last missed the World Cup in 1990. It now could happen again, unless the team overcomes New Zealand in a two-game playoff that opens Wednesday at Azteca stadium in Mexico City.
ORLANDO, Florida - Sydney Leroux scored twice in the first half as the U.S. women's football team completed its sixth undefeated year with a 4-1 win over Brazil in an international friendly Sunday.
ORLANDO, Florida - Sydney Leroux scored twice in the first half and the U.S. women's soccer team completed its sixth undefeated year with a 4-1 exhibition victory over Brazil on Sunday at the Citrus Bowl.