- Rockets respond to McHale's old-school coaching approach Updated: May-25-15 2:59 am
HOUSTON - Kevin McHale's stride is painful to watch.
- Rockets regroup after 115-80 win by Warriors makes it 3-0 Updated: May-24-15 1:42 am
HOUSTON - Dwight Howard's head was down and a scowl replaced the smile that usually resides on his face.
- Curry, Golden State rout Houston 115-80 to take 3-0 lead Updated: May-24-15 1:17 am
HOUSTON - Golden State coach Steve Kerr described Stephen Curry's performance Saturday night simply.
- Houston star Harden's unique game hard to stop - and to like Updated: May-22-15 6:21 pm
HOUSTON - Whether he's stirring the pot after a big shot or flailing his arms to draw contact en route to the basket James Harden evokes strong reactions from fans and players alike.
- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs Updated: May-22-15 2:38 am
Those notable names of the past, the ones still insisting that NBA playoff offenses must pound the ball inside, have been awfully quiet this week.
- Warriors hold off Harden, Rockets 99-98 to take 2-0 lead Updated: May-22-15 12:56 am
OAKLAND, California - James Harden had Game 2 on his fingertips - and then he didn't.
- Warriors' Curry fined $5,000 for flop in Game 1 vs Rockets Updated: May-20-15 7:32 pm
- Rockets' Howard unsure if he can play in Game 2 vs Warriors Updated: May-20-15 6:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard has a sprained left knee and is unsure whether he'll be able to play against Golden State in Game 2 of the Western Conference finals Thursday night.
- Rockets depth proves important in playoffs Updated: May-19-15 2:45 am
- Changes may be in order after Clippers' playoff collapse Updated: May-18-15 3:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers were on the verge of finally shedding the dubious reputation that has dogged them for decades only to lose in the second round of the playoffs for the third time in four years.
- Rockets bounce back to advance to conference finals Updated: May-18-15 2:22 am
- Rockets back in conference finals first 1st time since '97 Updated: May-17-15 8:05 pm
- No longer just a dunker, Griffin emerges as playoff star Updated: May-16-15 11:02 am
LOS ANGELES - Every NBA fan knows Blake Griffin, resident dunk-monster of Lob City. His one-handed jams have been fodder for highlight reels since his pro career began five years ago.
- Rockets stun Clippers 119-107 to force deciding Game 7 Updated: May-15-15 2:50 am
LOS ANGELES - With a 19-point lead in the second half, the Los Angeles Clippers were cruising toward clinching the franchise's first Western Conference finals berth.
- Clippers down to last chance to close Rockets out at home Updated: May-13-15 6:51 pm
- Paul set to play for Clippers in Game 4 against Rockets Updated: May-09-15 4:54 pm
- Clippers' Glen Davis fined $5,000 for flop vs Rockets Updated: May-09-15 4:35 pm
- Rockets' Brewer fined $5,000 for flopping Updated: May-07-15 3:32 pm
- NBA TV documentary looks at Rockets' back-to-back champs Updated: May-07-15 3:00 pm
NEW YORK - The Houston Rockets teams that won consecutive NBA titles in the mid-1990s during Michael Jordan's retirement will be the focus of an upcoming NBA TV documentary.
- Howard happy in Houston and focused on getting a ring Updated: May-05-15 7:11 pm
HOUSTON - Dwight Howard knows he's a polarizing figure. He's finally learned to be OK with that.
- Clippers-Rockets Playoff Capsule Updated: May-04-15 9:32 am
WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS
- Rockets fire social media manager after distasteful tweet Updated: Apr-30-15 2:39 am
- Houston beats Dallas 103-94 to advance to second round Updated: Apr-29-15 12:32 am
HOUSTON - James Harden's message was simple and clear after the Houston Rockets' first playoff series victory since 2009.
- Nowitzki still working with Mavs in trouble against Rockets Updated: Apr-27-15 8:32 pm
DALLAS - As usual, Dirk Nowitzki stayed on the practice court long after the rest of the Dallas players, shooting jumper after jumper on a day between first-round playoff games against Houston.
- Ellis, Barea keep Mavs alive with 121-109 win over Rockets Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
DALLAS - J.J. Barea last started a playoff game when he helped boost Dallas' run to a championship four years ago. Al-Farouq Aminu had never been on the floor for the opening tip in a postseason game.