- Missouri lawmakers seek answers on funding to help refugees Updated: Nov-28-15 11:18 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers are set to question officials in Gov. Jay Nixon's administration Monday on how the state spends money to help refugees amid concern about the resettling of Syrians in the United States following the deadly attacks in Paris.
- Missouri lawmakers seek special session over refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 7:59 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Some Republican Missouri lawmakers are calling for a special legislative session aimed at preventing Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon from allowing Syrian refugees to resettle in the state, adding to a wave of pressure on the issue from primarily GOP officials.
- More call on Nixon to block Syrian refugees in Missouri Updated: Nov-17-15 7:26 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Dozens of Missouri lawmakers have joined calls for Gov. Jay Nixon to block Syrian refugees from settling in the state.
- New spending cuts further test tension between GOP, Nixon Updated: Nov-06-15 11:14 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Tensions remain high between Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon and Republican lawmakers who are frustrated about his spending cuts, even with the 2014 amendment designed to give the Legislature another check on the executive's budget powers.
- Annual sexual-harassment training required in Missouri House Updated: Nov-05-15 9:10 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri House members and staff will now have to undergo annual sexual-harassment training following the resignations this year of two lawmakers accused of inappropriate behavior with interns.
- Democrats gain seat in Missouri House special elections Updated: Nov-03-15 11:31 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Democrats have gained a seat in the Missouri House as a result of special elections held to fill several vacancies.
- Missouri House holding public hearing on harassment policies Updated: Nov-03-15 11:55 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A public hearing is scheduled to discuss proposed changes to the Missouri House's policies governing sexual harassment and interns.