- Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery up for Ballon d'Or Updated: Dec-09-13 8:54 am
- Ronaldo caught up on beauty sleep during WCup draw Updated: Dec-08-13 8:44 am
- FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time Updated: Dec-07-13 11:42 pm
- FIFA switches start time for 7 World Cup games Updated: Dec-07-13 10:30 pm
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Amazon city is World Cup winner Updated: Dec-06-13 5:24 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Ronaldo relishes Portugal's underdog role at WC Updated: Dec-05-13 8:32 am
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- Quotes from voters in AP football poll Updated: Nov-26-13 11:26 am
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Superb Ronaldo boosts Ballon d'Or hopes over Messi Updated: Nov-20-13 9:41 am
- FIFA extends voting deadline for Ball d'Or Updated: Nov-20-13 6:53 am
- Ronaldo's hat trick sends Portugal to World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 7:21 pm
- Ronaldo hat trick lifts Portugal into World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 5:17 pm
Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery are in the running for the Ballon d'Or.
MADRID - While the eyes of the football world were focused on Brazil for the World Cup draw, Cristiano Ronaldo caught up on his beauty sleep.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA switched the scheduled kickoff times of seven World Cup matches on Saturday after meeting with broadcasters, having refused earlier requests made by the FIFPro union to protect players' health.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has switched the starting times of seven World Cup matches, including the U.S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Amazonian jungle city of Manaus was the big winner at the World Cup draw.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't count his Portugal among the favorites to win the World Cup, and he likes it that way.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's AP global football poll:
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo put his enormous talent on display with a hat trick in World Cup qualifying, and the reward may be the Ballon d'Or after a voting deadline extension on Wednesday improved his chances of beating out Lionel Messi for the honor.
ZURICH - Cristiano Ronaldo is now the favorite to win the Ballon d'Or following changes made Wednesday to the voting process.
The irrepressible Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to send Portugal into the 2014 World Cup finals at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden on Tuesday, while France advanced by conjuring a remarkable turnaround against Ukraine.
SOLNA, Sweden - Cristiano Ronaldo's second international hat trick lifted Portugal into the World Cup with a 3-2 win over Sweden on Tuesday night and a 4-2 aggregate victory in their European playoff.