- Blazers have proven the doubters wrong into the 2nd round Updated: Apr-30-16 3:31 am
- Blazers advance 4-2 with 106-103 victory over the Clippers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Even as they huddled after the victory that sent them through to the next round, the Portland Trail Blazers were drawing inspiration from the doubters.
- Austin Rivers' face is bloodied in game against Blazers Updated: Apr-30-16 12:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Los Angeles guard Austin Rivers left the Clippers' first-round playoff game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night with a bloody cut above his left eye that required 11 stitches.
- Trail Blazers beat emotional Clippers 108-98, take 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-28-16 2:06 am
LOS ANGELES - Damian Lillard finally made his first field goal early in third quarter, and the Portland Trail Blazers knew the game was about to change.
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Updated: Apr-27-16 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - New Washington Wizards coach Scott Brooks was surprised it took so long to get the question. Almost 15 minutes into his introductory news conference he was asked, "Let's get this out of the way: Are you going to bring Kevin Durant here?"
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Updated: Apr-26-16 9:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Tom Thibodeau came to Minnesota for the impressive young core of talent assembled.
- Paul leaves Game 4 with broken bone in right hand Updated: Apr-26-16 3:15 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Chris Paul broke a bone in his right hand midway through the third quarter and left the Clippers' Game 4 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night.
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:42 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook is an All-Star, but not a superstar.
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Updated: Apr-25-16 7:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Dallas faces elimination without two of its interior threats.
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Updated: Apr-25-16 2:06 am
DALLAS - Kevin Durant suddenly, and reluctantly, found himself at the center of a conversation over whether Oklahoma City's rough-and-tumble series with Dallas was out of control.
- NBA fines Westbrook, Durant for Game 4 violations Updated: Apr-24-16 5:55 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA has fined Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant for violations in Game 4 of their Western Conference playoff series.
- Thunder beat Mavericks 119-108 for 3-1 lead in testy series Updated: Apr-24-16 12:34 am
DALLAS - Kevin Durant got ejected, Russell Westbrook was part of a shouting match in front of his bench and Serge Ibaka drew a technical for throwing an elbow in the final seconds with the outcome already decided.
- Thunder, Mavericks get testy again in front of OKC bench Updated: Apr-23-16 9:08 pm
DALLAS - The testy first-round series between regional rivals Oklahoma City and Dallas got a little testier.
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Updated: Apr-22-16 3:42 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland guard CJ McCollum won the NBA's Most Improved Player award in his first season as a starter for the Trail Blazers, dramatically improving his scoring average by more than 14 points over last season.
- Senate OKs plan for vote on gun laws despite opposition Updated: Apr-21-16 2:57 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has approved a resolution for a public vote to broaden gun rights despite opposition from the state's business community, including the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder.
- NBA's Thunder among groups opposing 2 Oklahoma gun bills Updated: Apr-20-16 8:10 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Firearms bills to allow most Oklahoma adults to openly carry guns without any training or background checks have led to a showdown in Oklahoma between supporters of expanded gun rights and the state's business community, including the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Updated: Apr-19-16 2:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Partners in the broadcast booth, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson are now rivals in the hunt for the Minnesota Timberwolves' coaching job.
- Daddy day care: Griffin's son pops in for post-game media Updated: Apr-18-16 1:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - There's a new kid in the NBA playoffs postgame interview room, and he just might give Stephen Curry's daughter a run for her money.
- Thunder star Russell Westbrook rolling as playoffs arrive Updated: Apr-15-16 2:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Russell Westbrook's triple-double against the Los Angeles Clippers reminded Kevin Durant of someone playing the NBA 2K game on rookie mode.
- Confident Timberwolves face a crossroads this summer Updated: Apr-14-16 8:42 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Karl-Anthony Towns had just walked off the court to a standing ovation in the season finale of his remarkable rookie season.
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Updated: Apr-14-16 8:03 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey refused to publicly set expectations on the eve of the 2015-16 season though others outside the team had labeled it a playoff contender. He admitted Thursday it was a reasonable expectation.
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Updated: Apr-14-16 6:48 pm
DENVER - A little quirky trivia: The Denver Nuggets were the only team this season to beat both Golden State and San Antonio.
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Updated: Apr-14-16 3:35 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant scored 60 incredible points. He carried a miserable Los Angeles Lakers team to an improbable comeback victory.
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Updated: Apr-14-16 2:21 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Trail Blazers' third straight playoff appearance is all the sweeter for Damian Lillard because few thought Portland would come this far.
- Timberwolves blast Pelicans in Mitchell's final game Updated: Apr-13-16 11:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Sam Mitchell smiled and laughed with his young Minnesota Timberwolves one last time, reveling in one of the few easy victories his team has had in its home building.