- Bourn has 3 RBIs to lead Indians to 5-2 win over Pirates Updated: Jul-04-15 1:45 am
PITTSBURGH - Michael Bourn believes Cleveland's five-game winning streak is proof the Indians are going to be in contention down the stretch despite a slow start.
- Tough MLB debut for Noe Ramirez; Astros beat Sox 12-8 in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
BOSTON - The bullpen door opened and Noe Ramirez jogged into a major league game for first time in his career.
- Mariners hit 4 HRs in 9-5 win over A's Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
OAKLAND, California - J.A. Happ acknowledged his frustration through a series of losses and no-decisions that had piled up since early May. He got a breather Friday night.
- Rays give up 2 leads, 2 big homers in loss to Yanks in 12 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:14 am
- Twins unable to handle Cain, lose 3-2 to Royals in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:08 am
- Napoli error leads to 4-run 10th as Astros beat Red Sox 12-8 Updated: Jul-04-15 12:51 am
BOSTON - The Houston Astros seem to turn every little break into a victory.
- McCann, Teixeira hit 3-run homers, Yanks beat Rays in 12 Updated: Jul-04-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - After getting a big double play to end the top of the 12th inning and keep their deficit to two runs, the New York Yankees sensed they still had a chance.
- Cain has 3 hits to lead Royals over Twins 3-2 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-04-15 12:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Lorenzo Cain had a hand's on approach in the Kansas City Royals' come-from-behind victory.
- Angels win 8-2 in 1st game vs. Texas since trading Hamilton Updated: Jul-04-15 12:32 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The way Angels manager Mike Scioscia looked at things, there really wasn't anything unusual seeing Josh Hamilton playing for the other team.
- Blue Jays' rally falls short in 8-6 loss to Tigers Updated: Jul-04-15 12:24 am
DETROIT - For one inning Friday night, the Toronto Blue Jays appeared to have baseball's best offense.
- Jones can't touch Danks, White Sox blank Orioles 1-0 Updated: Jul-04-15 12:07 am
CHICAGO - John Danks has Adam Jones' number.
- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0 Updated: Jul-03-15 11:54 pm
CHICAGO - John Danks pitched his best baseball after a low point in his career.
- Cabrera likely to go on DL after Tigers top Jays 8-6 Updated: Jul-03-15 11:35 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera's calf injury overshadowed Anibal Sanchez's no-hit bid for the Detroit Tigers.
- Rangers' Hamilton has no emotions facing Angels for 1st time Updated: Jul-03-15 11:23 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton insisted that he had no extra emotions playing the Angels for the first time since Los Angeles traded him back to Texas.
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hit bid with one out in 8th Updated: Jul-03-15 9:36 pm
DETROIT - Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez lost his bid for a no-hitter when Toronto's Ezequiel Carrera singled with one out in the eighth inning Friday night.
- Cabrera leaves Tigers' game with strained left calf Updated: Jul-03-15 8:53 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fourth inning with a strained left calf.
- A-Rod, Yanks settle dispute, he gets ball from 3,000th hit Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees settled their dispute over a marketing payment with a deal announced Friday that gives $3.5 million to charitable groups, saves the team $5.5 million and gets A-Rod the home run ball from his 3,000th hit.
- Carlos Beltran on DL, CC Sabathia start pushed back Updated: Jul-03-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees placed Carlos Beltran on the 15-day disabled list Friday because a strained left oblique muscle, and they pushed CC Sabathia's next start back three days so he can work on fixing some pitching problems.
- RHP Straily recalled from Triple-A; RHP Feliz to Triple-A Updated: Jul-03-15 7:35 pm
BOSTON - The Houston Astros recalled Dan Straily, Friday night's starting pitcher, from Triple-A Fresno for their game against the Boston Red Sox.
- Red Sox RF Victorino activated; Bradley Jr. sent to Triple-A Updated: Jul-03-15 7:20 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have activated right fielder Shane Victorino from the 15-day disabled list before Friday's game against Houston.
- Twins put OF Robinson on family emergency leave Updated: Jul-03-15 7:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Minnesota Twins have placed outfielder Shane Robinson on family emergency leave.
- Tigers let go relievers Chamberlain, Gorzelanny Updated: Jul-03-15 7:00 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers decided they needed to change things before a fifth straight division title falls out of reach.
- Rays activate first baseman James Loney from DL Updated: Jul-03-15 6:36 pm
NEW YORK - The Tampa Bay Rays have activated first baseman James Loney from the 15-day disabled list and inserted him into the cleanup spot for their game against the New York Yankees.
- Rangers trade former 1st-round pick Jake Skole to Yankees Updated: Jul-03-15 4:43 pm
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.