- Kluber gives up early lead, Indians beaten by Angels Updated: Aug-04-15 3:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - Staked to a three-run lead before he ever threw a pitch, Corey Kluber couldn't hold it.
- Gillaspie HR helps Angels beat Indians, end 6-game skid Updated: Aug-04-15 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - For the third time in four days, the Los Angeles Angels faced a Cy Young award winner. Unlike Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw in their series with the Dodgers, they found many of Corey Kluber's pitches quite hittable.
- Ramirez tries vault, tagged out in 9th; Chisox fall to Rays Updated: Aug-04-15 2:23 am
CHICAGO - Alexei Ramirez made a valiant effort, that's for sure.
- Hessman sets minor league HR record with No. 433 Updated: Aug-04-15 2:23 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Call him the real-life Crash Davis.
- Coco Crisp returns from long DL stint as A's lose to Orioles Updated: Aug-04-15 2:05 am
OAKLAND, California - Coco Crisp has long been considered a catalyst for the Oakland Athletics.
- Chris Davis, Caleb Joseph homer as Orioles beat A's 9-2 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:57 am
OAKLAND, California - Baltimore rookie Tyler Wilson is accustomed to bouncing between the big leagues and the minors by now.
- Mahtook single in 9th lifts Rays to 5-4 win over White Sox Updated: Aug-04-15 1:56 am
CHICAGO - If the Tampa Bay bench hadn't been so depleted, Mikie Mahtook might never have batted with two outs in the ninth inning
- Butler struggles, Mariners beat Rockies 8-7 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:28 am
DENVER - Eddie Butler has struggled in his short time with the Colorado Rockies.
- Cruz hits 30th homer, Mariners beat Rockies 8-7 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:22 am
DENVER - Once again, Felix Hernandez came back strong after a loss.
- Astros go through 2 starters in 12-9 loss at Rangers Updated: Aug-04-15 1:19 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Houston Astros were planning to send 21-year-old Lance McCullers back to the minors even before he got only one out in his latest start.
- Beltre's 3rd career cycle in Rangers' 12-9 win over Astros Updated: Aug-04-15 12:48 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Adrian Beltre came to bat in the fifth inning looking for a pitch he could hit over the wall. He got one for an impressive modern-day record.
- Beltre has 3rd career cycle for Rangers Updated: Aug-03-15 11:17 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Adrian Beltre had his third career cycle Monday night, becoming the first major league player since the 1930s to accomplish that feat.
- Indians put 2B Kipnis on DL with shoulder inflammation Updated: Aug-03-15 10:12 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Cleveland Indians have put All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis on the 15-day disabled list because of chronic inflammation in his right shoulder.
- Rockies RHP Gray to make MLB debut Updated: Aug-03-15 9:50 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies are about to introduce a top prospect a week after trading the face of the franchise.
- Left fielder Crisp returns from neck injury for Athletics Updated: Aug-03-15 8:08 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Athletics left fielder Coco Crisp has been activated from the 60-day disabled list after being sidelined with a strained neck since May 20.
- White Sox call up Trayce Thompson, brother of Warriors star Updated: Aug-03-15 7:09 pm
- White Sox recall OF Trayce Thompson Updated: Aug-03-15 7:07 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox recalled outfielder Trayce Thompson from Triple-A Charlotte before Monday night's game with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Rays' Shaffer to make major league debut against White Sox Updated: Aug-03-15 6:51 pm
CHICAGO - The timing of Richie Shaffer's phone call home on Sunday wasn't perfect. The news he was delivering, however, couldn't have been better.
- Price silences scuffling Twins as Jays win 5-1 Updated: Aug-03-15 5:44 pm
TORONTO - Minnesota's scuffling offense ran into a familiar foe with to a familiar result.
- Price dominant in Toronto debut, Jays beat Twins 5-1 Updated: Aug-03-15 3:59 pm
TORONTO - David Price struck out 11 over eight innings to win his Blue Jays debut, Josh Donaldson hit a tiebreaking home run and Toronto beat the Minnesota Twins 5-1 in the opener of a four-game series between AL wild-card contenders.
- Blue Jays, Royals escalate feud by trading barbs on Twitter Updated: Aug-03-15 2:38 pm
TORONTO - The Royals and Blue Jays have moved on: After an exchange of hit batters, they're now trading barbs on Twitter.
- Duffey gets passport delivered after big league call-up Updated: Aug-03-15 2:38 pm
TORONTO - Minnesota Twins pitcher Tyler Duffey wasn't entirely prepared when he got called up to the major leagues for the first time.
- Contending teams can never have too many relievers Updated: Aug-03-15 3:18 am
The Kansas City Royals made it look all so easy in 2014. With their bullpen trio of Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Greg Holland, the Royals were almost unbeatable when they had the lead in the seventh inning or later.
- Angels lose 6th straight, 5-3 to Dodgers in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sputtering Angels are in their worst funk of the season, and the Dodgers didn't do anything to help them out of it.
- Ethier's 2 HRs help Dodgers beat Angels 5-3 in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Andre Ethier always wanted to be the guy who made the game-winning 3-pointer or catch the game-winning touchdown pass in the end zone as time expired. In baseball, his only chance at sudden death is a walkoff home run - which he has done six times in his major league career.