- RHP Mat Latos agrees to $3M, 1-year deal with White Sox Updated: Feb-09-16 4:45 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos agreed Tuesday to a $3 million, one-year contract with the Chicago White Sox, giving manager Robin Ventura another option for the back end of his rotation.
- Tanaka throws off mound after offseason elbow surgery Updated: Feb-09-16 3:24 pm
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka, coming back after arthroscopic surgery to remove a bone spur from his right elbow last October, has thrown off a bullpen mound.
- Rafael Palmeiro's son, Orioles agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-09-16 2:30 pm
BALTIMORE - A son of former Orioles star Rafael Palmeiro has agreed to a minor league contract with Baltimore.
- Joel Peralta and Mariners agree to minor league contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:19 pm
SEATTLE - Relief pitcher Joel Peralta has agreed to a minor league contract with the Seattle Mariners and will report to big league spring training.
- Astros beat Castro in arbitration, catcher gets $5 million Updated: Feb-09-16 1:43 pm
PHOENIX - Houston Astros catcher Jason Castro became the first player to lose in salary arbitration this year.
- AP source: Donaldson, Blue Jays nearing $28.65M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-09-16 10:49 am
NEW YORK - AL MVP Josh Donaldson and the Toronto Blue Jays are nearing agreement on a $28.65 million, two-year contract, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- AP source: J.D. Martinez, Tigers reach $18.5M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-08-16 9:07 pm
DETROIT - J.D. Martinez has agreed to an $18.5 million, two-year contract with the Detroit Tigers, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
- MLB player Delmon Young charged with attacking attendant Updated: Feb-08-16 8:01 pm
MIAMI - Free agent outfielder Delmon Young was arrested after he choked and threatened a parking attendant at a Miami hotel Sunday night, police said.
- Pitcher Craig Stammen, Indians agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-08-16 2:56 pm
CLEVELAND - Right-hander Craig Stammen has agreed to a minor league contract with the Cleveland Indians and will report to big league spring training.
- Pitcher Gavin Floyd agrees to $1M, 1-year deal with Toronto Updated: Feb-08-16 12:54 pm
TORONTO - Right-hander Gavin Floyd and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a $1 million, one-year contract.
- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M Updated: Feb-06-16 1:40 pm
PHOENIX - Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.
- Orioles LHP Britton accepts 1-year deal, avoids arbitration Updated: Feb-05-16 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Orioles closer Zach Britton has agreed to terms on a $6.75 million contract for 2016, avoiding arbitration.
- Kozma, Pestano, Swarzak sign minor league deals with Yanks Updated: Feb-05-16 2:57 pm
NEW YORK - While the New York Yankees have not signed any free agents to major league contracts, they announced 15 minor league deals Friday.
- David Aardsma agrees to minor league contract with Blue Jays Updated: Feb-05-16 11:42 am
Pitcher David Aardsma has agreed to a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and will report to big league spring training.
- Orioles, LHP Matusz agree to $3.9 million, 1-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 8:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles have reached agreement with left-hander Brian Matusz on a $3.9 million, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.
- Orioles get RHP Despaigne from Padres for minor leaguer Updated: Feb-04-16 3:17 pm
- Troubled bar near Fenway Park closing for good Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 am
BOSTON - A popular bar near Fenway Park that's been the site of several violent incidents, including a fatal shooting in November, is shutting down for good.
- Smyly and Rays argue 1st MLB salary arbitration case of year Updated: Feb-03-16 8:17 pm
PHOENIX - Drew Smyly and the Tampa Bay Rays have argued baseball's first salary arbitration case this year.
- Blue Jays will have dirt infield in time for coming season Updated: Feb-03-16 7:03 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays are installing a dirt infield at the Rogers Centre for the first time but say it is too early to determine whether they would replace artificial turf with grass in some future season.
- Seattle signs Korean slugger Dae-Ho Lee to minor league deal Updated: Feb-03-16 2:46 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners have signed Korean slugger Dae-Ho Lee and catcher Steve Lerud to minor league contracts two weeks before the start of spring training.
- Mets trade outfielder Darrell Ceciliani to Toronto Blue Jays Updated: Feb-02-16 3:13 pm
- Carlos Quentin to try comeback with Twins Updated: Feb-02-16 2:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Outfielder Carlos Quentin and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a minor league contract, giving the 33-year-old a chance to revive his career.
- Sano ready for move to right field with Twins Updated: Feb-01-16 7:10 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When the Minnesota Twins start spring training later this month, Miguel Sano will trot his muscular frame out to right field for an audition at his new position.
- Yanks 1B Greg Bird to have season-ending shoulder surgery Updated: Feb-01-16 5:17 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees first baseman Greg Bird, who displayed a powerful swing after making his major league debut last August, will miss this season because of a damaged right shoulder that needs surgery.
- Rays get OF Dickerson from Rockies for reliever McGee Updated: Jan-28-16 11:12 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Colorado's crowded outfield just wasn't big enough for Corey Dickerson.