- More ID, bag checks on Europe's trains after foiled attack Updated: Aug-29-15 3:02 pm
PARIS - European countries will increase identity checks and baggage controls on trains after American passengers thwarted an attack on a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris, France's interior minister said Saturday.
- Attack draws new scrutiny to railways linking open Europe Updated: Aug-28-15 2:43 pm
PARIS - Europe's rail system is at the heart of its open borders, a way for passengers to travel on some of the world's fastest and most sophisticated mass transit with no need for passports or even ID.
- Google rejects EU anti-trust allegations as flawed Updated: Aug-27-15 3:40 pm
BRUSSELS - Google rejected on Thursday a complaint by Europe's competition watchdog that the Internet giant is abusing its dominance in Web searches to promote its own products.
- Poland's govt to compensate farmers hit by drought, heat Updated: Aug-25-15 12:46 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland will pay more than 500 million zlotys ($135 million) in compensation to the thousands of farmers who have lost crops and fodder because of drought and unusually high temperatures, the agriculture minister said Tuesday.
- Greek election looms as parties struggle to form government Updated: Aug-21-15 2:10 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's main opposition party launched efforts to form a new government Friday following Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras' resignation, but made no progress in what appears a doomed task - which will pave the way for another potentially destabilizing election.
- Head of Polish airline LOT quits after overseeing reform Updated: Aug-18-15 10:55 am
WARSAW, Poland - The CEO of Poland's national airline, widely credited with turning around the company, unexpectedly announced his resignation Tuesday.
- EU regulators clear Pfizer's purchase of Hospira Updated: Aug-04-15 2:19 pm
NEW YORK - European Union regulators on Tuesday approved Pfizer's $15.23 billion purchase of injectable drug and infusion device maker Hospira.
- EU to probe FedEx takeover of Dutch rival TNT Updated: Jul-31-15 9:40 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is opening an in-depth probe into whether FedEx's proposed $4.9 billion takeover of Dutch company TNT would strangle competition in the massive market for small package deliveries.