- Greece to lobby EU, ECB for swift loan payout Updated: May-04-15 2:11 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's cash-strapped government said Monday it was seeking the swift release of delayed bailout money to keep up with its debt payments, following weekend progress in negotiations with creditors.
- Cyprus passes insolvency laws, clears rescue program hurdle Updated: Apr-18-15 12:23 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Lawmakers in Cyprus on Saturday passed key insolvency laws designed to open the taps for more international bailout cash.
- Protester rushes ECB chief Draghi at press conference Updated: Apr-15-15 12:43 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - It was supposed to be the European Central Bank's first calm meeting in months. President Mario Draghi was to explain how smoothly the bank's stimulus program was going.
- European Central Bank to stress: No way we'll taper stimulus Updated: Apr-15-15 7:55 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Europe's economic outlook is finally beginning to brighten a little. But don't expect European Central Bank head Mario Draghi to sound all that excited when he takes the stage Wednesday for his latest news conference.
- European stocks, boosted by stimulus, hit all-time high Updated: Apr-09-15 4:26 pm
If you wanted evidence that the economy and the stock market are two different things, look no further than Europe.