- ECB tells governments: Don't wait to fix Europe's economy Updated: May-22-15 7:39 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - European Central Bank head Mario Draghi says governments that share the euro currency shouldn't wait for better times to push through reforms that would boost sluggish growth.
- ECB committed to see stimulus program through, account shows Updated: May-21-15 8:16 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Accounts of the European Central Bank's last meeting show it is committed to completing its 1.1 trillion-euro ($1.2 trillion) stimulus program.
- Despite growth uptick, full recovery still far for Europe Updated: May-20-15 11:10 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Europe's economy has been down so long, even a bit of growth looks like recovery.
- ECB President Draghi: European stimulus will continue Updated: May-14-15 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - European Central Bank chief Mario Draghi said the ECB's economic stimulus program is working but needs more time to bring European inflation back to healthier levels and restore consumer and business confidence.
- Alexandre Lamfalussy, helped found euro currency, dies at 86 Updated: May-11-15 11:52 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Belgian economist Alexandre Lamfalussy, who headed the institution that became the European Central Bank and was credited as one of the founders of the shared euro currency, has died at age 86.