- Bjoergen, Cologna star in cross-country in Sochi Updated: Feb-24-14 1:30 am
- Canada rules rink, a flame dies, an Olympics ends Updated: Feb-23-14 2:04 pm
- On home ice and snow, Russians win medals tally Updated: Feb-23-14 11:54 am
- US officials defend team performance in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 10:29 am
- Bjoerndalen's farewell highlights Olympic biathlon Updated: Feb-23-14 7:17 am
- Legkov leads Russian sweep of 50K race at Olympics Updated: Feb-23-14 6:27 am
- Shiffrin, Miller make Sochi skiing 1 for the ages Updated: Feb-23-14 5:19 am
- Russia clinches medals title Updated: Feb-23-14 4:54 am
- Speedskating at Sochi: it's all about the Dutch Updated: Feb-23-14 3:38 am
- Northug looks for 1st Sochi medal in 50K race Updated: Feb-22-14 5:51 pm
- Teen Kristoffersen adds to Norway's Olympic lore Updated: Feb-22-14 5:05 pm
- Matt, 34, wins Olympic slalom; oldest Alpine champ Updated: Feb-22-14 3:19 pm
- Russia wins men's biathlon relay at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-22-14 2:43 pm
- Popov expects Olympics to bolster Russia's image Updated: Feb-22-14 2:12 pm
- No medal for Bjoerndalen in last Olympic race Updated: Feb-22-14 2:02 pm
- Dutch close Olympic speedskating with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 12:12 pm
- At Winter Olympics, an X Games breaks out Updated: Feb-22-14 10:54 am
- Bjoergen leads Norway sweep in 30K cross-country Updated: Feb-22-14 8:09 am
- Dutch go for last 2 golds medals in speedskating Updated: Feb-21-14 6:52 pm
- Schild and Zettel shed tears for silver and bronze Updated: Feb-21-14 3:26 pm
- Ukraine wins women's biathlon relay for 1st gold Updated: Feb-21-14 2:12 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Medal efficiency Updated: Feb-21-14 9:04 am
- Norway regains top status; Frenzel wins again Updated: Feb-21-14 6:58 am
- Lueders proving mettle by leading Russia to medals Updated: Feb-21-14 6:43 am
- A different Olympics on TVs across the world Updated: Feb-21-14 5:56 am
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Marit Bjoergen is still in a class of her own in women's cross-country skiing, although perhaps not quite as dominant as she was four years ago.
SOCHI, Russia - The Olympic flame was snuffed out. No chance of that for the Canadian hockey team, champions again.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's post-Soviet athletic decline hit bottom at the Vancouver Olympics, where the once dominant winter sporting nation left with only three gold medals and the daunting task of rebuilding its team in time to host the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - The speedskaters flopped, and the hockey team was blanked when it mattered most. If it wasn't for some brand new sports, the medal count would be paltry.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Weather worries. Track troubles. Ukraine's unity. Domracheva dominating. And Bjoerndalen being brilliant.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alexander Legkov made sure the Russian flag finally flew highest at the Sochi cross-country skiing venue - and for these entire Olympic Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Alexander Legkov's victory in the men's 50-kilometer cross-country race Sunday clinched the overall medals title for the host nation at the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - In the last speedskating race of the Sochi Olympics, there was really no doubt about which team would win.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Petter Northug has one last chance to make sure his Sochi Olympics aren't a total failure.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Henrik Kristoffersen grew up skiing under the lights in Raelingen, where darkness draws in early and his grandfather keeps a key to the chair lifts.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - One racer called the course "borderline unsportsmanlike." Another said it was "brutal." Five of the top eight skiers in the opening leg failed to even finish the second.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Russia made its fans wait for a biathlon gold medal until the last race of the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Alexander Popov believes the Winter Olympics will go down as a landmark event for Russia, and he hopes it will change outside impressions of his homeland.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ole Einar Bjoerndalen started and finished his last Olympic race where he's spent much of his unrivaled biathlon career - in first place. Unfortunately for him, his teammate couldn't stay there to give him a perfect send-off.
SOCHI, Russia - The final day of speedskating at the Sochi Olympics was nothing more than a victory lap for the mighty Dutch.
SOCHI, Russia - Without them the U.S. would have just a few gold medals, and NBC would have trouble getting the younger eyeballs it needs to justify the $775 million it spent to land the Winter Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - If this was Marit Bjoergen's last Olympic race, she couldn't have scripted a better finish.
SOCHI, Russia - The Dutch have turned the individual speedskating races at the Sochi Olympics into a huge orange victory parade, winning 21 long-track medals. On Saturday, they are hot favorites to add two more golds in the closing team pursuits.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The tears came easy for Austrian veterans Marlies Schild and Kathrin Zettel.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Four teammates stood proudly behind the Ukraine flag, smiles beaming, celebrating their country's first gold medal at the Sochi Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - Norway may top the medal count, but the Dutch have been the most efficient Olympians in Sochi.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Joergen Graabak delivered a long awaited Olympic gold medal for the nation that pioneered Nordic combined, then added another victory for good measure to help Norway restore its status in the sport.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Pierre Lueders got to be part of the home team at the Vancouver Games, competing there as the undisputed star of Canadian bobsledding.
In Sweden, commentators have fun with Norway's misfortunes. The Dutch can't get enough of their speedskaters. Japan is so crazy about figure skating they show warmups. Canada is hockey crazy, Russia struggles to stay positive even when things look down and the U.S. salutes its stars with the national anthem as it's time to go to bed.