- Money for housing assistance draws concern in Vt. Updated: Dec-02-13 4:25 pm
- Vt. lawmakers begin review of mid-year budget bill Updated: Dec-01-13 9:22 am
- Vt. lawmaker wants guidance on invasive plants Updated: Nov-26-13 8:20 am
- Vt. lawmakers hear of tight budgets to come Updated: Nov-20-13 1:01 pm
- Shumlin appoints Ryerson of Randolph to Vt. House Updated: Nov-08-13 4:48 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A proposal to triple the amount of money that Vermont is devoting to emergency housing assistance drew concern from a key lawmaker Monday.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Budget writers in the Vermont House are getting to work more than a month ahead of the official legislative session to prepare a mid-year budget adjustment bill.
WINDSOR, Vermont - A Vermont lawmaker wants the state to come up with a detailed best practices list for getting rid of invasive plants brought about by such events as Tropical Storm Irene.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Growing numbers of pre-trial detainees in Vermont prisons and paying sheriffs to monitor mentally ill patients in hospital emergency rooms are among the many budget pressures facing Vermont state government.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Gov. Peter Shumlin's appointment Friday of Marjorie Ryerson of Randolph to fill a Vermont House seat left vacant by the death of Rep. Larry Townsend brings the Legislature to a milestone: the first time the majority party in one of its chambers has been majority-female.