- Nebraska's Shavon Shields bangs head in hard fall Updated: Feb-06-16 4:05 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska basketball player Shavon Shields has been taken to a hospital after falling and banging his head on the court during a game against Rutgers.
- Demps, McIntosh lead Northwestern over Minnesota 82-58 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:47 am
EVANSTON, Illinois - Chris Collins knows when his top players perform at a high level, confidence tends to trickle throughout the rest of his Northwestern line-up.
- Wisconsin wins 5th straight, beats Ohio State 79-68 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The conversation in the locker room at halftime between Wisconsin interim coach Greg Gard and forward Nigel Hayes was brief and to the point.
- New Rutgers athletic director inherits program at low point Updated: Feb-04-16 12:41 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers' new athletic director is unsparing when asked how he plans to turn around a program after a series of embarrassing developments on and off the field.
- Stone, Trimble lift No. 4 Maryland to 70-65 win over Huskers Updated: Feb-04-16 12:02 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Maryland found itself in yet another close game, and once again the Terrapins hung on to win.
- Hill scores 32, Illinois beats Rutgers 110-101 in 3OT Updated: Feb-03-16 10:33 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - For all their struggles in the Big Ten Conference this year, this was one of those games that players from Rutgers and Illinois are not going to forget.
- Uthoff leads No. 5 Iowa over Penn State 73-49 Updated: Feb-03-16 10:21 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa's scorers often get the attention, but it's the fifth-ranked Hawkeyes' aggressive and trapping defense that is making the difference this season.
- Indiana beats Michigan 80-67 after huge run to end 1st half Updated: Feb-03-16 12:29 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Facing an early double-digit deficit in a tough environment, Indiana coach Tom Crean still felt fairly confident.
- Strong to the hoop: Wisconsin gaining traction in transition Updated: Feb-02-16 4:26 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Nigel Hayes is getting to the bucket and giving entertaining postgame observations, just like he did during last season's magical season.
- Finke likely out, Nunn questionable for Illini at Rutgers Updated: Feb-02-16 4:17 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois coach John Groce said the team may be without two of its starters when it faces Rutgers on Wednesday.
- No. 12 Michigan State makes 16 3s, beats Northwestern 76-45 Updated: Jan-29-16 12:22 am
EVANSTON, Illinois - The 15 turnovers bothered Michigan State coach Tom Izzo very much. Same for the Spartans' disparity at the line against Northwestern, and a few issues with the shot clock.
- Ohio State downs Illinois in overtime, 68-63 Updated: Jan-29-16 12:16 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - With 14 seconds left on the clock in overtime Thursday, Ohio State led Illinois by three points but the Buckeyes needed one last stop.
- No. 8 Maryland squeezes past No. 3 Iowa 74-68 Updated: Jan-28-16 11:38 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Coming off a rare defeat and hosting the third-ranked team in the country, Maryland didn't care much about putting on a show for the sellout crowd and a national television audience.
- No. 21 Purdue tops Minnesota 68-64 with 24 points by Edwards Updated: Jan-28-16 1:46 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Purdue wasn't at full strength with freshman standout Caleb Swanigan on the bench. The Boilermakers weren't at full attention, either, considering how many times Minnesota dribbled by them for layups and dunks.
- AP sources: Warde Manuel agrees to be Michigan's AD Updated: Jan-27-16 11:27 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Warde Manuel has agreed to be Michigan's next athletic director, according to two people familiar with the situation.
- Michigan keeps Rutgers winless in Big 10 with 68-57 victory Updated: Jan-27-16 10:27 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - It was a night of firsts for Michigan's John Beilein.
- Purdue's Swanigan out vs. Minnesota with ankle injury Updated: Jan-27-16 9:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Purdue power forward Caleb Swanigan, the Big Ten's leading rebounder, has been held out of the game at Minnesota with a right ankle injury.
- Gophers get basketball-hockey twinbill in 2018 in New York Updated: Jan-27-16 8:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota has been scheduled for a two-sport Big Ten doubleheader at Madison Square Garden in New York in two years.
- No. 8 Maryland needs to rebound better against No. 3 Iowa Updated: Jan-27-16 4:50 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland will be in rebound mode against Iowa on Thursday night - in more ways than one.
- No. 19 Indiana falls 82-79 to Badgers in OT, streak snapped Updated: Jan-26-16 11:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The numbers didn't add up for Indiana.
- Hayes leads way, Wisconsin beats No. 19 Indiana 82-79 in OT Updated: Jan-26-16 10:57 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - In a season of upheaval, Wisconsin has finally found its groove.
- Bates-Diop scores 22 points, Ohio St handles Penn St 66-46 Updated: Jan-25-16 10:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State coach Thad Matta pushed a couple of buttons to help the Buckeyes beat Penn State 66-46 on Monday night and snap a two-game losing streak.
- Marquette's Ellenson, Wisonsin's Happ win freshmen honors Updated: Jan-25-16 5:49 pm
MILWAUKEE - Freshmen big men for Marquette and Wisconsin have been honored by their respective leagues following productive weeks.
- Purdue falls again to Iowa, 83-71 Updated: Jan-24-16 4:53 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Purdue's inability to handle Iowa might keep the Boilermakers from competing for the Big Ten title.
- Uthoff scores 22, No. 9 Iowa rolls past No. 22 Purdue 83-71 Updated: Jan-24-16 3:51 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Jarrod Uthoff kept No. 9 Iowa from falling too far behind.