- Legislative leaders push for adjournment Updated: Apr-20-14 10:10 am
- Branstad priorities not OK'd as adjournment nears Updated: Apr-19-14 10:05 am
- Branstad signs school radon bill into law Updated: Apr-17-14 6:10 pm
- Iowa Senate approves apprenticeship bill Updated: Apr-17-14 4:40 pm
- Iowa Senate race suddenly more competitive Updated: Apr-17-14 4:30 pm
- Fort Madison rejects golf carts on city streets Updated: Apr-16-14 6:35 pm
- Court: Man can seek office despite conviction Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- Broadband bill advances but tower concerns remain Updated: Apr-15-14 4:31 pm
- Branstad scandal ensnares key Iowa link to China Updated: Apr-15-14 2:47 pm
- Iowa Senate approves disabled veterans tax credit Updated: Apr-15-14 12:52 pm
- Branstad: Action needed to protect Iowa students Updated: Apr-14-14 7:40 pm
- Iowa Senate approves preschool expansion plan Updated: Apr-14-14 7:03 pm
- Legislature honors ISU men's basketball team Updated: Apr-14-14 4:21 pm
- Iowa's popular governor suddenly put on defense Updated: Apr-14-14 12:53 pm
- 2 Iowans die after car collides with ag sprayer Updated: Apr-14-14 8:41 am
- Early literacy bill defines dyslexia for 1st time Updated: Apr-12-14 10:19 am
- Court overturns coach's sexual exploitation case Updated: Apr-11-14 2:35 pm
- Senate sends underage drinking bill to Iowa gov Updated: Apr-10-14 1:16 pm
- Southwest Iowa lawmaker returns to the Capitol Updated: Apr-10-14 9:22 am
- In Iowa, Huckabee drops few hints about 2016 Updated: Apr-08-14 10:07 pm
- Iowa House gives human trafficking bill final OK Updated: Apr-08-14 4:46 pm
- Senate rejects House's drunken driving proposal Updated: Apr-08-14 2:50 pm
- Univ. of Iowa sees surge in engineering students Updated: Apr-07-14 5:03 pm
- Iowa motorcyclist after crashing during chase Updated: Apr-07-14 8:02 am
- New trial set in girl's 1990 slaying in Iowa Updated: Apr-05-14 7:26 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Disagreements remain on several budget bills and priorities Gov. Terry Branstad outlined at the beginning of the year still have obstacles to overcome, but leaders in the Legislature say ending the 2014 session this week is likely.
DES MOINES, Iowa - As the end of the legislative session draws near, Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad is pushing lawmakers to keep some of his priorities in mind.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Education must gather information from schools about whether they are testing for radon gas under a bill Gov. Terry Branstad has signed into law.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill intended to change funding and programming for job training and establish an apprenticeship program has won the support of a divided Iowa Senate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A catchy political ad and a gotcha video have raised Republican hopes of capturing a U.S. Senate seat in Iowa, enhancing the party's chances of regaining control of the chamber.
FORT MADISON, Iowa - The Fort Madison City Council has decided that golf carts aren't suitable for city streets.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A split Iowa Supreme Court issued a ruling Tuesday that allows a Des Moines man to run for state Senate and affirms that second-offense drunken driving is not an infamous crime as defined by the Iowa Constitution.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A legislative panel has backed a plan meant to extend broadband access to rural Iowans, though an agreement hasn't been reached on language about the placement of new cell towers.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Chinese Association of Iowa executive director Swallow Yan has helped connect Gov. Terry Branstad with Chinese presidents and residents, boosting relations between a farming state and a growing superpower with a huge demand for Iowa's agricultural exports.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill meant to further relieve the financial stress of disabled veterans in the state has won the unanimous support of the Iowa Senate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has called on the Legislature to take action following an Iowa Supreme Court ruling that found school coaches cannot be convicted of sexual exploitation by a school employee under current law.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A plan to enroll more 4-year-olds in preschool and incentivize the creation or expansion of programs has won the Iowa Senate's approval.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers honored the Iowa State University men's basketball team for what they deemed a "brilliant" season.
DES MOINES, Iowa - In Terry Branstad's nearly 20 years as governor of Iowa, he has earned a reputation for steady management, frugality and a distinct absence of drama. Gray-haired, smiling and always attired in a crisp business suit, he's been a model of Midwestern stability and owner of a public approval rating over 60 percent.
VAN HORNE, Iowa - Authorities say two Iowa City residents have died after their car collided with an agricultural sprayer in east-central Iowa.
DES MOINES, Iowa - For the first time, dyslexia has been officially defined in Iowa law in an attempt to improve literacy among young students across the state.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The conviction of a former Bloomfield basketball coach who had sex with a 16-year-old girl on his team was thrown out Friday by the Iowa Supreme Court in a ruling that says coaches without teaching licenses are not school employees under the law and can't be convicted of sexual exploitation by a school employee.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill making it illegal for landowners to allow drinking by minors on their property has won the final approval of the Iowa Senate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A southwest Iowa lawmaker has returned to his job in the Iowa Capitol, where he hadn't voted on a measure since March 4.
WAUKEE, Iowa - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee headlined a conservative forum Tuesday in Iowa, but he dropped few clues about whether he was considering a second run for president, despite having won the state's coveted leadoff caucuses six years ago.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa House has granted final approval for a bill meant to crack down on prostitution and pimping including minors.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Senate has rejected amendments to a bill attempting to change Iowa's law dealing with drunken drivers.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Kevin Dubbins was the kid who always took things apart. He couldn't help himself.
WATERLOO, Iowa - Authorities say a 30-year-old Cedar Falls man has died after crashing during a pursuit by an Iowa state trooper.
DAVENPORT, Iowa - An Illinois man twice convicted for the 1990 killing of a 9-year-old girl in Davenport will be tried for murder once again.