- Iowa patrol says man led chase before car left road Updated: Jul-29-15 5:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say a man leading a car chase in central Iowa reached speeds of more than 100 mph before his vehicle flew off the road and into an auto auction lot.
- 3 percent Iowa tuition hike proposed for spring semester Updated: Jul-28-15 1:56 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Tens of thousands of students at Iowa's three public universities would pay $100 more for tuition next spring under a proposal released Tuesday.
- Iowa patrol: 2 people die, 1 hurt in crash near Fort Dodge Updated: Jul-27-15 10:25 am
FORT DODGE, Iowa - Authorities say two people have been killed and another injured in the crash of a speeding car just outside Fort Dodge in Webster County.
- Iowa progressive group to host Democratic gathering Updated: Jul-21-15 12:40 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Democrats missing the Harkin Steak Fry can gather at a new progressive event next month.
- Clive Democrat announces for 3rd Congressional District seat Updated: Jul-21-15 7:41 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Clive resident has become the first Democrat to announce that he'll try to unseat incumbent Republican David Young in Iowa's 3rd Congressional District.
- Branstad seeks review of security at National Guard sites Updated: Jul-20-15 5:26 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad asked the Iowa National Guard on Monday to review security at its facilities after last week's shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Waterloo man killed in Mount Pleasant crash Updated: Jul-18-15 12:03 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa - A Waterloo man has died in a crash involving a semitrailer in Lee County.
- GOP candidates make a pitch to evangelical voters in Iowa Updated: Jul-18-15 2:59 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential contenders seeking to woo evangelical voters are making their case for conservative social issues at a gathering expected to attract thousands of potential Iowa caucus-goers.
- Democrats Miller, Fitzgerald endorse Clinton for president Updated: Jul-17-15 1:32 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two Democrats who hold statewide office are endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.
- Documents: More than $100K spent on medical cannabis cards Updated: Jul-16-15 5:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's medical cannabis oil program has cost the state more than $100,000 to create and issue registration cards to about 50 people, even as the effort has faced criticism that it's cumbersome and largely useless.
- Lawsuit filed against Branstad over mental health centers Updated: Jul-13-15 4:56 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad should reopen two former state-run mental health centers to comply with Iowa law, according to a lawsuit announced Monday by the head of the state's largest public employees union and 20 Democratic lawmakers.
- Iowa lawmaker says he doesn't regret email to teacher Updated: Jul-09-15 8:25 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - An Iowa lawmaker says he doesn't regret telling a science teacher to "quit whining" in an email exchange over the state's public education funding.
- Iowa Democratic lawmaker to explore 2016 US Senate bid Updated: Jul-08-15 6:45 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Democratic lawmaker Rob Hogg said Wednesday that he is forming an exploratory committee for a possible 2016 U.S. Senate bid.
- Authorities investigate fatal hit and run in western Iowa Updated: Jul-06-15 5:38 pm
LOGAN, Iowa - Authorities say they're investigating a fatal hit and run in western Iowa.
- Heeding Francis, Iowa Catholic leaders to pressure '16 field Updated: Jul-02-15 3:40 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Roman Catholic leaders in the early voting state of Iowa will call Thursday on candidates for president to follow the teachings of Pope Francis and focus as much on the environment and income inequality in 2016 as they have in past elections on opposing gay marriage and abortion.
- Supreme Court denies franchise fee case attorney fee appeal Updated: Jul-01-15 6:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has declined to hear an appeal by a team of lawyers who say they're not getting paid enough for winning a class-action lawsuit against the city of Des Moines for charging improper franchise fees.