- Court bars New York psychic business from soliciting in Iowa Updated: Jun-27-15 4:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa judge has ordered a New York-based company that prosecutors say conned people into paying for outlandish psychic readings and prophecies to stop soliciting Iowa residents and refund nearly $14,000 already sent from them.
- Historic gay marriage ruling stirs emotion across US Updated: Jun-26-15 8:11 pm
Some snapshots of Americans reacting to Friday's Supreme Court ruling declaring that same-sex couples have a right to marry in all 50 states.
- Judges ousted after Iowa gay marriage ruling feel proud Updated: Jun-26-15 5:44 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legalizing gay marriage in Iowa carried a heavy cost for three justices of the Iowa Supreme Court who were booted off the bench in a subsequent judicial retention election after heavy spending to defeat them by groups opposing gay marriage.
- Iowa court lauds woman who killed as teen but denies release Updated: Jun-26-15 4:26 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The parole board, not a judge, must decide whether to release a woman who has been rehabilitated in prison after killing a man in 1987 when she was a teenager, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- Vander Plaats says gay marriage ruling 'exceptionally wrong' Updated: Jun-26-15 2:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The latest reaction in Iowa to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to legalize same-sex marriage (all times local):
- After investigation, Iowa State Patrol official gets new job Updated: Jun-25-15 3:34 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - One of three veteran Iowa State Patrol officials put on leave during a tightly-guarded internal investigation has been transferred into a newly created administrative position.
- Iowa lawmakers reiterate support for Mount Pleasant facility Updated: Jun-23-15 5:14 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa - A handful of Iowa lawmakers have reiterated their support for keeping open a state mental health facility in Mount Pleasant.
- South Dakota woman killed in crash, Iowa patrol says Updated: Jun-22-15 8:35 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa - Authorities say a 48-year-old South Dakota woman has been killed in a southeast Iowa highway crash.
- Data show few appeal traffic camera citations in Iowa Updated: Jun-21-15 5:52 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Data show drivers in Iowa's largest cities don't often appeal citations from traffic enforcement cameras.
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich heading to Iowa this week Updated: Jun-21-15 5:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is hitting the road again later this week.
- New York company agrees to pay restitution for psychic fraud Updated: Jun-19-15 5:38 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A New York City company the Iowa attorney general says was running a fraudulent psychic mail campaign targeting elderly Iowans has been ordered to pay $200,000 to a state consumer protection fund.
- Iowa court allows remote dispensing of abortion pill Updated: Jun-19-15 11:28 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has struck down a restriction that would have prevented doctors from administering abortion-inducing pills remotely via video teleconferencing, saying it would have placed an undue burden on a woman's right to get an abortion.
- Authorities ID woman killed in Iowa mall shooting Updated: Jun-13-15 9:10 pm
CORALVILLE, Iowa - A woman shot and killed in an eastern Iowa shopping mall was a 20-year-old employee of a children's museum inside the mall and knew the man who shot her, authorities said Saturday.
- Court: Iowa residents have right to be drunk on front porch Updated: Jun-12-15 5:23 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The right to be drunk on the front porch of a private home was endorsed Friday by the Iowa Supreme Court, which said a woman can't be convicted of public intoxication while standing on her front steps.
- Iowa Republicans ending straw poll, a tradition born in 1979 Updated: Jun-12-15 10:41 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican leaders in Iowa have agreed to end the state's straw poll because of waning interest from presidential hopefuls and questions about its relevancy.
- Iowa commission votes to direct $286M to US Highway 20 plan Updated: Jun-10-15 3:43 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The Iowa Transportation Commission has voted to direct $286.4 million to finish expanding U.S. Highway 20 to four lanes in northwestern Iowa.
- Cedar Rapids to challenge Iowa DOT over traffic cameras Updated: Jun-09-15 6:35 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - The city of Cedar Rapids plans to challenge orders by Iowa's transportation department to stop using certain traffic enforcement cameras.
- Couple fatally injured in collision, Iowa State Patrol says Updated: Jun-08-15 8:05 am
CRESCO, Iowa - Authorities say a Decorah (deh-KOR-uh) couple died after a highway accident in northeast Iowa.
- Motorcycles and puppies: GOP contenders face off in Iowa Updated: Jun-06-15 7:22 pm
BOONE, Iowa - The attack ads and debates will come later. On Saturday, several Republican presidential contenders fought for an edge among motorcycles, puppies, war heroes and roasted pork, having swapped dark suits for blue jeans to meet Iowans eight months before they cast the first votes of the 2016 presidential primary.
- Man dies following crash involving 2 semitrailers in Iowa Updated: Jun-06-15 1:41 pm
DURANT, Iowa - The driver of a semitrailer has died after a fiery crash on Interstate 80 west of Durant.
- Iowa lawmakers adjourn 2015 legislative session Updated: Jun-05-15 6:00 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers adjourned the 2015 legislative session Friday, approving a $7.3 billion spending plan that includes modest increases for education, funding to maintain mental health institutions and a tax break for broadband Internet infrastructure.
- Chris Christie to speak on education while in Iowa next week Updated: Jun-04-15 6:13 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Chris Christie is set to give a speech on education when he comes to Iowa next week.
- Lawmakers approve judicial branch budget at current level Updated: Jun-02-15 9:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers have approved a budget for the state's judicial branch that maintains the current funding level.
- Weighing 2016 presidential bid, Ohio's Kasich to visit Iowa Updated: Jun-01-15 3:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) plans to travel to Iowa later this month - a signal that his decision to dive into the 2016 presidential race may be imminent.