- Accuser recounts general's alleged sex assault Updated: Mar-07-14 6:13 pm
- Survey: Customers rate Navy exchange stores highly Updated: Mar-07-14 5:08 pm
- Snowpack still far below normal in Southern Oregon Updated: Mar-07-14 4:40 pm
- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Heavier sanctions on Russia could backfire Updated: Mar-07-14 3:19 pm
- Judge: Navy deal for rifle silencers may be legit Updated: Mar-07-14 3:05 pm
- In-state tuition veteran bill stuck in Legislature Updated: Mar-07-14 2:36 pm
- Oil tanker strikes NH-Maine bridge pier, bridge OK Updated: Mar-07-14 1:34 pm
- Son of rescued migrant to serve on military boat Updated: Mar-07-14 10:55 am
- Fort Knox installs first female commander Updated: Mar-07-14 9:49 am
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Putin Updated: Mar-07-14 9:04 am
- Ketchikan man convicted of Coast Guard assault Updated: Mar-07-14 9:02 am
- Crews searching for man missing off Ala coast Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 am
- Cochran: Corps adds $14M for Mississippi projects Updated: Mar-07-14 8:29 am
- Fort Knox installs first female commander Updated: Mar-07-14 8:28 am
- Joint chiefs chair to speak at VMI commencement Updated: Mar-07-14 3:06 am
- 2 dead as Venezuelans clash at protest barricades Updated: Mar-06-14 10:53 pm
- Disabled Canadian ship arrives at Pearl Harbor Updated: Mar-06-14 9:52 pm
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases Updated: Mar-06-14 9:17 pm
- Ky. sues crew of barge that collapsed bridge Updated: Mar-06-14 8:25 pm
- Army lawyer accused of sexual assault Updated: Mar-06-14 7:00 pm
- Final groups of Louisiana-based soldiers to return Updated: Mar-06-14 3:12 pm
- Md. man to plead in no-show scam at Pa. Guard base Updated: Mar-06-14 3:07 pm
- US fighter jets, warship arrive in Ukraine region Updated: Mar-06-14 1:19 pm
- Gen. Dempsey: NSA leaks will cost billions Updated: Mar-06-14 12:25 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - An Army captain who says she was sexually assaulted by a general has testified that twice during their three-year affair they got into arguments that ended with him forcing her to perform oral sex.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy says customers at its exchange stores are giving them high marks for customer satisfaction, according to a recent survey.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - One pineapple express after another bringing warm rain across Oregon has helped boost reservoirs west of the Cascades and snowpacks in the northern mountains.
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
WASHINGTON - Underlying the talk about taking harsh punitive measures against Russia for its military incursion into Ukraine are economic complications and worries that sanctions levied against Moscow could, in the words of the Kremlin, "boomerang" back on the U.S. and Europe.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A judge has questioned the viability of a prosecution against a man accused of illegally building hundreds of untraceable rifle silencers under what had been a secret contract with the Navy Seals.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Even though there's bipartisan support in the Legislature for the idea that veterans should automatically get in-state tuition at Washington colleges and universities, bills to do just that are stuck because lawmakers can't agree who should get credit for the policy.
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Transportation Department says an oil tanker struck a pier at the Memorial Bridge that connects the state to Maine, and there's no apparent damage to the bridge itself.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - An assignment to a Hawaii-based cutter responsible for enforcing immigration law has special meaning for U.S. Coast Guard Academy cadet Marlon Camejo.
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - Brig. Gen. Peggy C. Combs has become the first woman to take command over Fort Knox and U.S. Army Cadet Command.
WASHINGTON - One by one, President Barack Obama's warnings to Russia are being brushed aside by President Vladimir Putin, who appears to only be speeding up efforts to formally stake his claim to Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Ketchikan man who kicked a Coast Guardsman in the face has been convicted of assault on a federal officer.
MOBILE, Alabama - The Coast Guard is searching the Gulf of Mexico for a crewman who fell off a fishing boat nearly 60 miles south of Mobile Bay.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi is one of only four states receiving additional funds from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for dredging and flood control along its major tributaries, according to U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran.
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - Brig. Gen. Peggy C. Combs has become the first female to take command over Fort Knox and U.S. Army Cadet Command.
LEXINGTON, Virginia - The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will speak at Virginia Military Institute's spring commencement ceremony.
CARACAS, Venezuela - A National Guardsmen and a civilian were killed Thursday after a group of men on motorcycles rode into an east Caracas neighborhood to remove a street barricade erected by anti-government protesters.
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - A Canadian refueling ship disabled by an engine fire pulled into Pearl Harbor under tow Thursday morning with nearly 300 sailors aboard.
WASHINGTON - Bowing to the Pentagon, the Senate agreed after impassioned debate Thursday to leave the authority to prosecute rapes and other serious crimes with military commanders in a struggle that highlighted the growing role of women in Congress.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky transportation officials are suing seven members of the crew of a cargo ship that struck and collapsed part of a bridge over the Tennessee River two years ago, causing millions in damage and diverting traffic for four months.
WASHINGTON - The Army is investigating sexual abuse allegations against an officer who trains military prosecutors who handle sexual and physical abuse cases, a defense official said Thursday.
NEW ORLEANS - The last of the 1,200 Louisiana-based soldiers who've been in Afghanistan since last summer are returning home to Fort Polk in the coming days.
PITTSBURGH - A former civilian contractor who worked at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland is scheduled to plead guilty to helping the vice commander of a base near Pittsburgh receive extra pay in exchange for getting the civilian a no-show job at the Pennsylvania base.
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon says six U.S. F-15 fighter jets have arrived in Lithuania to bolster air patrols over the Baltics as the stand-off over Russia's military incursion into Ukraine continues. A U.S. warship is also now in the Black Sea to participate in long-planned exercises.
WASHINGTON - The top U.S. military officer says it will take two years of study and billions of dollars to overcome the loss of security to military operations and tactics that were revealed in the massive stash of documents taken by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden.