- Hagel to meet with Pakistan's prime minister Updated: Dec-09-13 4:07 am
- AP Exclusive: Accusations dog Russian copter deal Updated: Dec-09-13 3:17 am
- Hagel offers troops rare glimmer of hope on budget Updated: Dec-08-13 2:16 pm
- SC Coast Guardsman gets 8-year sentence Updated: Dec-08-13 10:56 am
- Air Force museum in Ohio to get new wing Updated: Dec-08-13 9:05 am
- NC National Guard schedules redeployment ceremony Updated: Dec-08-13 7:05 am
- Coast Guard: Fisherman rescued off NY coast Updated: Dec-07-13 11:01 pm
- Army wins with defense 67-54 over St. Francis Updated: Dec-07-13 6:02 pm
- Search for missing NY boater called off in NJ Updated: Dec-07-13 5:49 pm
- Mass. marks Pearl Harbor anniversary Updated: Dec-07-13 4:27 pm
- AP Exclusive: Rough ride for US-Russia copter deal Updated: Dec-07-13 4:12 pm
- Hagel given assurances on Afghan security deal Updated: Dec-07-13 2:10 pm
- Separate ceremonies honor ND National Guard units Updated: Dec-07-13 10:53 am
- Oklahoma Air National Guard airmen to return Updated: Dec-07-13 5:04 am
- NY Army Guard unit being honored for Afghan duty Updated: Dec-07-13 4:06 am
- CDC: Water at Marine base linked to birth defects Updated: Dec-06-13 8:46 pm
- Group favors opening Muskegon port to river barges Updated: Dec-06-13 7:17 pm
- Home confinement for 6th person in Navy scheme Updated: Dec-06-13 2:52 pm
- Coast Guard rescues 2 men after boat sinks Updated: Dec-06-13 11:49 am
- Christmas tree ship arrives in Chicago from Mich. Updated: Dec-06-13 10:17 am
- Hagel ship tour showcases US commitment to Gulf Updated: Dec-06-13 7:28 am
- Dems, GOP craft backup for stalled defense bill Updated: Dec-06-13 4:22 am
- Air Force defeats South Dakota 94-86 Updated: Dec-05-13 11:50 pm
- Soldiers' alcohol problems alarm Army officials Updated: Dec-05-13 9:38 pm
- Bellefonte buys National Guard Armory property Updated: Dec-05-13 6:59 pm
ISLAMABAD - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel arrived in Pakistan Monday for meetings with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and the nation's new army chief, hoping to further repair a strained and sputtering relationship between Washington and Islamabad.
WASHINGTON - U.S. military officials insisted a top-secret Pentagon study proved the need to buy Russian helicopters for Afghanistan's security forces. But the study actually recommended an American-made rotorcraft, according to unclassified excerpts obtained by The Associated Press.
CAMP LEATHERNECK, Afghanistan - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Sunday offered troops a rare glimmer of hope on the department's financial woes, saying a possible budget agreement back home could ease the automatic spending cuts that have hit the military hard.
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A Coast Guardsman based in Charleston will spend eight years behind bars after being found guilty of several charges, including rape of a civilian woman and other unlawful acts involving six female members of the Coast Guard.
DAYTON, Ohio - A new wing planned for the National Museum of the United States Air Force in southwest Ohio will allow visitors to walk into a full-size replica of a space shuttle.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina National Guard is holding a redeployment ceremony for two units at its armory in Siler City.
MONTAUK, New York - A U.S. Coast Guard crew rescued a commercial fisherman hanging onto a life raft in the waters off of Long Island after a birdwatcher spotted the desperate man and called authorities.
WEST POINT, New York - Kyle Wilson scored 23 points on Saturday and Army snapped a five-game losing streak with a strong defensive effort to defeat St. Francis Brooklyn 67-54.
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - The Coast Guard on Saturday suspended its search off the New Jersey coast for a missing Long Island, New York, man, a day after his sailboat was found adrift nine miles out to sea with no one aboard.
BOSTON - More than 200 people have gathered at a decommissioned U.S. Navy destroyer stationed in Boston to commemorate the anniversary of the 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor that launched the U.S. into World War II.
WASHINGTON - The deal looked sketchy from the start.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Pentagon chief Chuck Hagel said Saturday he received assurances from Afghanistan's defense minister that a stalled security agreement with the United States would be signed in "a very timely manner."
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota political leaders and others are paying tribute to two of the state's National Guard units on opposite ends of deployment.
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Air National Guard says about 300 members of the 138th Fighter Wing are set to return home from a deployment to Afghanistan.
ROCHESTER, New York - A ceremony is being held to honor members of a Rochester-based Army National Guard helicopter unit credited with saving more than 500 lives during its 10-month deployment in Afghanistan.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A long-awaited study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows a link between tainted tap water at a U.S. Marine Corps base in North Carolina and increased risk of serious birth defects and childhood cancers.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Business and local government leaders in Michigan have made plans to push for opening the Port of Muskegon to river barge traffic, saying it could provide a shipping link to Chicago that would boost the Michigan economy.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The sixth and final person convicted in a 15-year kickback scheme that cost the U.S. Navy $18 million was sentenced Friday to nine months of home confinement after the judge said she refrained from putting her behind bars only because her guilty plea saved taxpayers the expense of a trial.
ELLIOT KEY, Florida - Two people are safe after the U.S. Coast Guard rescued them from the water after their boat sank.
CHICAGO - A U.S. Coast Guard ship loaded with more than 1,200 Michigan Christmas trees has arrived in downtown Chicago.
MANAMA, Bahrain - Standing on the massive deck of the Navy's USS Ponce, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the United States is entering the new nuclear pact with Iran "very clear eyed" and it remains to be seen whether Tehran is serious about keeping its nuclear development peaceful.
WASHINGTON - Facing a standoff in the Senate, the top Democrats and Republicans on Congress' military panels are working on a backup plan to ensure that they complete a far-reaching defense policy bill before year's end.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Max Yon scored a game-high 24 points, and his 3-pointer sparked a 13-8 final run to lead Air Force to a 94-86 victory Thursday night over South Dakota.
HONOLULU - Army officials in Hawaii are worried about the prevalence of alcohol abuse within the ranks, a problem a national organization also reports is on the rise among members of the military.
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania community has landed a property it has been eyeing for a decade.