- Kelly's 15 points leads Navy over Army 64-50 Updated: Feb-01-16 9:50 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Will Kelly scored 15 points with 10 rebounds to lead Navy over Army 64-50 on Monday night.
- 4 ex-Blackwater contractors appeal convictions in shootings Updated: Feb-01-16 8:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Four former Blackwater security contractors found guilty in a deadly Baghdad shooting appealed their convictions on Monday, saying a key witness against them had changed his testimony after the trial and that prosecutors lacked jurisdiction to even bring the case.
- Leader of Marine helicopter squadron fired days before crash Updated: Feb-01-16 6:53 pm
HONOLULU - A Marine general fired the commander of a Hawaii helicopter squadron days before two of the unit's helicopters crashed and killed all 12 Marines on board.
- Carmichael, GOP nominee twice for Mississippi governor, dies Updated: Feb-01-16 5:26 pm
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Gil Carmichael, a two-time Republican nominee for Mississippi governor in the 1970s and head of the Federal Railway Commission under President George H.W. Bush, has died. He was 88.
- Correction: Northrop Grumman Contract story Updated: Feb-01-16 4:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a story Jan. 29 about Northrop Grumman Corp's new contract with the U.S. Air Force, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the company announced that it would develop a fleet of new long-range bombers in Salt Lake City. According to a Grumman spokesman, Grumman and the Air Force have not disclosed where the work will be done.
- US commander: More US, coalition forces likely to fight IS Updated: Feb-01-16 1:39 pm
WASHINGTON - There is a "good potential" that more U.S. and coalition forces will be needed to fight the Islamic State group, the top commander of military operations in Iraq and Syria said Monday.
- Astoria officials push to have historic ferry returned Updated: Feb-01-16 1:15 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Organizers of the 50th anniversary celebration of the Astoria-Megler Bridge are pushing to have a historic ferry that took passengers across the Columbia River returned in time for the festivities.
- Violence in Afghanistan forces Obama to rethink troop levels Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 am
WASHINGTON - Fifteen years into the war that few Americans talk about any more, conditions in Afghanistan are getting worse, preventing the clean ending that President Barack Obama hoped to impose before leaving office. Violence is on the rise, the Taliban are staging new offensives, the Islamic State group is angling for a foothold and peace prospects are dim.
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- The Latest: Navy commander pleads guilty in bribery case Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - 4 p.m.
- What We Know: Pentagon pushing more family-friendly military Updated: Jan-28-16 4:56 pm
Defense Secretary Ash Carter wants to make military service more family friendly. Here's how:
- Defense chief to seek longer family leave Updated: Jan-28-16 4:33 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. officials say Defense Secretary Ash Carter intends to double the length of maternity leave for female service members. He'll also work to boost time off for paternity leave and adoptions.
- Pentagon chief seeks to improved family leave, child care Updated: Jan-28-16 4:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter on Thursday unveiled a series of family-friendly proposals for the military that would increase parental leave, child care and health care coverage to bolster efforts to recruit and retain high-quality service members.
- Chris Pine on his accidental career and 'The Finest Hours' Updated: Jan-28-16 11:52 am
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California - Looking at Chris Pine's career, it's hard to imagine that he hadn't always harbored a lifelong passion to be an actor.
- Ex-Coast Guardsman charged in killing plans insanity defense Updated: Jan-28-16 10:07 am
BARNSTABLE, Massachusetts - An attorney for a Coast Guardsman charged with killing a petty officer and injuring two other people in Massachusetts says they plan an insanity defense.
- Top US General in Iraq warns Mosul Dam could collapse Updated: Jan-28-16 9:08 am
BAGHDAD - The top U.S. general in Iraq warned Thursday of the potential collapse of Mosul Dam in the country's north, saying that such an event could prove "catastrophic."
- Boston U muscles way past Army 76-67 Updated: Jan-27-16 9:48 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Cheddi Mosely scored 23 points and Nathan Dieudonne had 17 points and a career-high 18 rebounds to lead Boston University past Army 76-67 Wednesday night.
- Pentagon defends use of Russian engines to launch satellites Updated: Jan-27-16 4:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior Pentagon officials on Wednesday sought to defend the use of Russian-made rocket engines to send U.S. military satellites into space, telling exasperated lawmakers they are moving quickly to end the practice and rely on American-made rockets for the launches.
- Seasoned veteran of Afghan war picked for top command Updated: Jan-27-16 2:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Amid growing concern about setbacks in Afghanistan, the Obama administration has chosen Lt. Gen. John W. "Mick" Nicholson, Jr., a veteran of multiple Afghan war deployments, as the next top American commander in Kabul, officials said Wednesday.
- Sentencing delayed for Illinoisan who plotted terror attack Updated: Jan-27-16 1:37 pm
CHICAGO - Sentencing has been delayed for a suburban Chicago man who prosecutors say plotted with his cousin to carry out a terrorist attack at an Illinois National Guard base.
- Head of Iowa National Guard: More positions open to women Updated: Jan-27-16 11:38 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The head of the Iowa National Guard says nearly 1,700 positions have been opened up to women this year following a federal policy change.
- Quake, tsunami drill tests Coast Guard Updated: Jan-27-16 10:17 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - When the men and women of U.S. Coast Guard Sector Columbia River came to work Monday morning, they were told they had 20 minutes to reach Fort Clatsop.
- Iran says it warned US warship to leave drill area Updated: Jan-27-16 9:59 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's navy warned a U.S. warship to leave an area where Iran has been conducting a naval drill near the narrow Strait of Hormuz at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, the semi-official Fars news agency reported Wednesday. The U.S. Navy denied that its operations in the region were affected.
- JBLM rocket battalion heading back to Iraq Updated: Jan-27-16 8:35 am
TACOMA, Washington - Joint Base Lewis-McChord is preparing to send one of its artillery units to Iraq and Kuwait to help fight the Islamic State group.
- The Latest: Navy reopens building where shots reported Updated: Jan-26-16 7:06 pm
SAN DIEGO - The latest on lockdown Tuesday at the Naval Medical Center San Diego (all times local):