- Widow called to testify in Coast Guard murder case Updated: Apr-17-14 10:25 pm
- Woman, teenager found dead in Lake Erie; 2 missing Updated: Apr-17-14 9:40 pm
- 4th US Navy official charged in bribery scheme Updated: Apr-17-14 8:40 pm
- Ex-Calif. man convicted of US Navy battery swindle Updated: Apr-17-14 8:34 pm
- ND National Guard chaplain corps at full strength Updated: Apr-17-14 6:58 pm
- 1 dead, 1 injured in California boating accident Updated: Apr-17-14 5:42 pm
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions - for now Updated: Apr-17-14 5:29 pm
- Obama: No US military involvement in Ukraine Updated: Apr-17-14 4:19 pm
- US sending nonlethal aid to Ukraine military Updated: Apr-17-14 12:55 pm
- Beaufort Marine unit returns from 9-month duty Updated: Apr-17-14 4:08 am
- Sweet Olive declared a nuisance Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 am
- Suspect's interview played in Kodiak murder trial Updated: Apr-16-14 9:30 pm
- NATO ups military presence amid Russian threat Updated: Apr-16-14 7:55 pm
- US readies sanctions on Russia, aid for Ukraine Updated: Apr-16-14 7:08 pm
- Cargo ship runs aground in windy Chesapeake Bay Updated: Apr-16-14 5:38 pm
- Shipping season opens in Marquette's Upper Harbor Updated: Apr-16-14 11:47 am
- 3 rescued from ship taking on water in New Orleans Updated: Apr-16-14 10:55 am
- NY National Guard soldier charged with rape Updated: Apr-16-14 8:32 am
- National Guard to open new center at Fort Chaffee Updated: Apr-16-14 7:40 am
- UK lawmakers slam lax security in Taliban attack Updated: Apr-16-14 6:49 am
- Live fire exercise scheduled at Fort Knox Updated: Apr-16-14 4:04 am
- Shipping hampered by ice on St. Lawrence Seaway Updated: Apr-16-14 3:04 am
- Coast Guard rescues 3 from ship taking on water Updated: Apr-16-14 1:47 am
- 751-foot ship grounded in Chesapeake Bay Updated: Apr-15-14 11:43 pm
- BP: Shore clean-up after Gulf oil spill ends in La Updated: Apr-15-14 10:44 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The widow of a Coast Guardsman shot to death two years ago at a Kodiak communications station was called by defense attorneys Thursday to answer questions about their marital problems, their finances and her familiarity with the murder scene.
TOLEDO, Ohio - The bodies of two of four missing boaters were recovered in western Lake Erie on Thursday, a day after the group left for an afternoon of fishing and sent pictures to relatives.
SAN DIEGO - A fourth member of the U.S. Navy has been charged with conspiracy to commit bribery in a multimillion-dollar scheme involving a Singapore-based defense contractor accused of providing cash, vacations, electronics and prostitutes in exchange for classified information.
LOS ANGELES - A former Southern California man who fled the U.S. to live on his yacht has been convicted of selling the U.S. military more than $2.6 million in cheap, knock-off batteries that were used in aircraft carriers and submarines.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota National Guard is at full strength in its chaplain corps for the first time in 15 years.
SAN FRANCISCO - What was intended to be a fun night of sailing turned deadly as one person was killed and another seriously injured when their sailboat collided with a channel marker buoy in the San Francisco Bay, authorities said Thursday.
GENEVA - In a surprise accord, Ukraine and Russia agreed Thursday on tentative steps to halt violence and calm tensions along their shared border after more than a month of Cold War-style military posturing triggered by Moscow's annexation of Crimea.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is repeating his position that involving the U.S. military in Ukraine is not an option he is considering.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. will send medical supplies, helmets and other nonlethal aid to the Ukrainian military in response to Russia's "dangerously irresponsible" efforts to destabilize the country, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Thursday.
MARINE CORPS AIR STATION BEAUFORT, South Carolina - A squadron of Beaufort-based Marines and their F/A-18 Hornet jets are returning from a nine-month deployment in the Middle East.
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The fate of the Sweet Olive, which took tourists on tours of the Mississippi River for nine years, is in the hands of Mack Varner, Vicksburg's Community Court judge.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Coast Guard civilian charged with killing two co-workers at a Kodiak communications station told an FBI agent he was late getting to work the day of the deaths because he returned home to change a soft tire, but he had no explanation for why the trip of a few miles should have taken more than 34 minutes.
BRUSSELS - NATO is strengthening its military footprint along its eastern border immediately in response to Russia's aggression in Ukraine, the alliance's chief said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is preparing to ratchet up sanctions on Russia and boost assistance for the Ukrainian military in the coming days, U.S. officials said Wednesday, as Ukraine struggles to contain a pro-Russian uprising in its eastern cities.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A thunderstorm with wind gusts of more than 70 mph ripped a cargo ship's anchors from the seafloor and caused it to run aground just a few hundred feet from a beach, drawing onlookers from nearby condos and apartments Wednesday morning.
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The shipping season is open in Marquette's Upper Harbor following help from two U.S. Coast Guard ice-breakers.
NEW ORLEANS - The owner of a tow boat that ran aground Tuesday in Lake Pontchartrain said high waves pushed by a passing storm front broke a line connecting the vessel and a barge it was pushing.
KINGSBURY, New York - Authorities have charged a member of the New York Army National Guard with raping a woman, and investigators say others have come forward claiming they were attacked by the same man.
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - A ribbon-cutting ceremony is planned for the Arkansas National Guard's new training facility at Fort Chaffee.
LONDON - British lawmakers said Wednesday that U.K. commanders' complacency and inadequate security were partly to blame for the failure to stop a Taliban attack on a U.S-British base in Afghanistan that killed two U.S. Marines.
FORT KNOX, Kentucky - A live fire training exercise is scheduled to take place at Fort Knox.
CLAYTON, New York - Huge chunks of ice are causing problems on the Saint Lawrence Seaway even though the shipping season started two weeks ago.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued three crewmembers aboard an uninspected towing vessel taking on water and reportedly grounded in Lake Pontchartrain.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A large ship has gone aground in the lower Chesapeake Bay and the Coast Guard says it has received reports of other ships dragging anchor due to high winds.
NEW ORLEANS - Just days before the fourth anniversary of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster and oil spill, the Coast Guard moved cleanup of Louisiana's coast to a new phase Tuesday, allowing BP to end its "active" efforts in the area.