- Minn. lawmakers seek to enhance privacy protection Updated: Apr-23-14 5:26 am
- Senate to vote on added job protections for women Updated: Apr-23-14 5:04 am
- Sen. Baldwin to discuss politics at Marquette Updated: Apr-23-14 5:04 am
- Republican NC Senate candidates meet in debate Updated: Apr-23-14 4:49 am
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin for Senate Updated: Apr-23-14 3:11 am
- Legislative negotiators seek education resolution Updated: Apr-22-14 11:44 pm
- Republicans in NC's Senate race trade few hits Updated: Apr-22-14 10:56 pm
- US clears Egypt for some military assistance Updated: Apr-22-14 10:35 pm
- Oklahoma Senate passes domestic violence measure Updated: Apr-22-14 8:01 pm
- US Sen. Schatz asks United Airlines to keep jobs Updated: Apr-22-14 7:58 pm
- Hastert among GOP supporters of immigration reform Updated: Apr-22-14 7:41 pm
- Legislature argues DCF budget after child deaths Updated: Apr-22-14 7:37 pm
- GOP's Leibham, Democrat Harris join Wisconsin race Updated: Apr-22-14 7:03 pm
- Oklahoma gov. inks bill restricting abortion drugs Updated: Apr-22-14 7:01 pm
- Michigan elections take shape at filing deadline Updated: Apr-22-14 6:19 pm
- Bill proposes new state hiring, firing practices Updated: Apr-22-14 6:11 pm
- Cotton defends vote against farm bill Updated: Apr-22-14 6:06 pm
- Arkansas US Sen. John Boozman out of heart surgery Updated: Apr-22-14 6:05 pm
- Capital budget 1 of last big pieces pending Updated: Apr-22-14 5:44 pm
- Court revives lawsuit vs. state Medicaid expansion Updated: Apr-22-14 5:25 pm
- Grothman aims to be 'more conservative' candidate Updated: Apr-22-14 5:23 pm
- Stroebel: Campaign will focus on Congress' issues Updated: Apr-22-14 5:01 pm
- Republican US Sen. Blunt speaks to Mo. House Updated: Apr-22-14 4:48 pm
- Guthrie Republican challenges Okla. House Speaker Updated: Apr-22-14 4:37 pm
- Divisive vaccine proposal abandoned in Colorado Updated: Apr-22-14 4:28 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers are on the verge of cracking down on public employees who abuse their access to citizen data.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A package of workplace protections for women is primed for a Minnesota Senate vote.
MILWAUKEE - Democratic U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin is scheduled to talk politics during an hour-long forum at Marquette University in Milwaukee.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - The front runner in the race for North Carolina's Republican U.S. Senate nomination is trying to keep his message on his own record and working to defeat Democratic incumbent Kay Hagan in November, rather than attacking his leading GOP rivals.
WASHINGTON - To hear party operatives describe the fight for the Senate, it's the boogeyman billionaires against the shifty septuagenarian.
JUNEAU, Alaska - House and Senate negotiators worked toward resolution Tuesday on an education package that sent the legislative session into overtime, nibbling away at points of possible agreement. While some lawmakers are eager to wrap things up, a key lawmaker said the process would not be rushed.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - The candidate in North Carolina's Republican Senate primary with backing from the party's Washington establishment came under little direct criticism Tuesday night as his top rivals had their first real chance to challenge him face to face.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Tuesday it has certified that Egypt is upholding its 35-year-old peace treaty with Israel and therefore qualifies for some military and counterterrorism assistance.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has approved legislation designed to address Oklahoma's escalating domestic violence issues.
HONOLULU - US Sen. Brian Schatz is asking officials at United Airlines not to outsource about 220 jobs in Hawaii.
CHICAGO - Some of Illinois' highest-profile Republicans voiced support Tuesday for an immigration overhaul that's stalled in the U.S. House as a "morally right" and business-minded decision, an election-year move they hoped would help break the stalemate.
MIAMI - After dozens of child abuse-related deaths, Florida lawmakers may add money for nearly 200 new child protective investigators and other services, but critics worry the proposal overlooks funding to treat mental health and substance abuse problems that are at the root of most child deaths.
SHEBOYGAN, Wisconsin - Republican state Sen. Joe Leibham and Winnebago County Executive Mark Harris, a Democrat, announced their runs for Congress on Tuesday, with both saying that their ability to work with others made them a good choice to replace Republican Rep. Tom Petri.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has signed a bill to further restrict the use of abortion-inducing drugs in Oklahoma, despite objections from opponents who say it will force more women to have surgical abortions.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's top-of-the-ticket gubernatorial and U.S. Senate candidates can look ahead to November while many others vying for the largest number of open U.S. House seats in 22 years must first survive the August primary.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill that would make sweeping changes in some state government practices has been backed by a legislative panel.
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Senate hopeful and U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton defended his vote against the Farm Bill as he addressed the state's largest agricultural advocacy group on Tuesday, while U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor accused his rival of turning a "deaf ear" on Arkansas farmers.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas U.S. Sen. John Boozman had unscheduled heart surgery Tuesday at a hospital in the northwestern part of the state, where his office said he was recovering well.
JUNEAU, Alaska - One of the last big pieces to be resolved before lawmakers wrap up their work is the capital budget.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Court of Appeals on Tuesday revived a lawsuit challenging Gov. Jan Brewer's expansion of the state's Medicaid insurance plan for the poor, ruling that Republican lawmakers have the right to sue over their contention that a hospital assessment that funds the expansion is a tax requiring a two-thirds vote of the Legislature.
MILWAUKEE - State Sen. Glenn Grothman is aiming to position himself as the stronger conservative in Wisconsin's 6th District congressional race.
CEDARBURG, Wisconsin - State Rep. Duey Stroebel says he respects both of the other Republican candidates in Wisconsin's 6th District congressional race and he expects the primary to focus on the problems in Congress, not opposition between them.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says there are no federal solutions to many problems confronting governments.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A four-term Republican state representative from Guthrie is challenging House Speaker Jeff Hickman in the race to become the next speaker of the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
DENVER - An attempt to improve vaccination rates in Colorado failed Tuesday in the state Senate.