- Mississippi Highway Patrol begins new safety campaign Updated: Oct-07-15 5:11 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol has started a new campaign to raise awareness of distracted driving and reduce the number of traffic fatalities, especially among teenage drivers.
- Bridge dedication to be held Oct. 16 Updated: Oct-03-15 4:05 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Transportation will dedicate a bridge spanning the Tombigbee River on U.S. Highway 82 in Lowndes County in honor of former state Sen. Terry W. Brown.
- Democrats try to gain in House as GOP seeks supermajority Updated: Oct-01-15 3:34 pm
BOONEVILLE, Mississippi - Tracy Arnold had never held elected office before 2011, when the Republican won a House seat that had long been in the hands of Democrats and once epitomized the party's dominance in the state.
- City of Jackson pushes health care corridor Updated: Sep-29-15 10:35 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson has created the first step toward establishing a health care corridor in the city in an effort to drive economic development around the area's medical facilities.
- Hazlehurst man killed in Hinds County wreck Updated: Sep-25-15 8:37 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly wreck in Hinds County.
- Miss. death sentence overturned, mental evaluation ordered Updated: Sep-24-15 5:54 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court on Thursday overturned the death penalty of Erik Wayne Hollie, who pleaded guilty to killing a pawn shop owner and claiming God had led him to the shop.
- 2 die in SUV crash with Covington Co. school bus; kids OK Updated: Sep-22-15 12:46 pm
COLLINS, Mississippi - A Mississippi Highway Patrol trooper says two people died after being thrown from an SUV that hit a school bus in Covington County.
- Mississippi lawmakers hearing agencies' FY17 budget requests Updated: Sep-21-15 7:27 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are being asked to spend millions more dollars on education, Medicaid, mental health and other state services for the coming year.
- Head-on collision kills woman, 19, man, 55, both from Fulton Updated: Sep-20-15 7:18 pm
FULTON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol says a 19-year-old woman and 55-year-old man, both from Fulton, are dead after a head-on collision on Highway 25.
- Part of Highway 98 dedicated to late transportation worker Updated: Sep-19-15 4:10 am
LUCEDALE, Mississippi - Ricky Murrah was a 55-year-old Mississippi Department of Transportation maintenance worker who died when a pickup swerved off the road and hit him in July 2014.
- Mississippi Supreme Court refused rehear misconduct case Updated: Sep-18-15 10:21 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has refused to rehear the judicial misconduct case against Chancery Court Judge Talmadge Littlejohn
- Miss. Supreme Court: No rehearing in 2008 Biloxi slaying Updated: Sep-17-15 4:35 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court says it won't hear another appeal from a death row inmate convicted of killing his girlfriend by stabbing her and setting her on fire in their home near Biloxi.
- Coroner IDs woman killed in Gulfport crash Updated: Sep-14-15 5:33 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - One person is dead after a two-vehicle crash in Gulfport.
- Highway Patrol: Nearly 5,000 citations issued over Labor Day Updated: Sep-09-15 5:28 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Officials with the Mississippi Highway Patrol have released the numbers for the 2015 Labor Day enforcement period.