- Attorney general seeks execution date for death row inmate Updated: Jul-29-15 8:59 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state of Mississippi wants to execute Richard Gerald Jordan, the longest serving inmate on death row, on or before Aug. 27.
- Authorities cracking down on campaign signs Updated: Jul-28-15 6:26 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - More campaign signs are going up across Mississippi as next week's election approaches. But signs that are posted in the wrong places are coming down.
- Myrtle man dies in Lafayette County crash Updated: Jul-28-15 6:13 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi Highway Patrol troopers are investigating a fatal one car crash in Lafayette County.
- Man dies after pickup collides with sign in Jackson County Updated: Jul-27-15 5:35 am
OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi - Mississippi authorities say one man died in a single vehicle accident in Jackson County.
- New York man, 72, dies when pickup hits tree in Mississippi Updated: Jul-26-15 8:09 pm
HAZLEHURST, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol says a 72-year-old man from the Rochdale area of New York has died in a one-vehicle wreck.
- Justices clear way for 2 Dem senators to run in 1 district Updated: Jul-24-15 7:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state Supreme Court on Friday cleared the way for two incumbent state senators in northern Mississippi to compete against each other in the Aug. 4 Democratic primary.
- Mississippi high court upholds conviction in deputy's death Updated: Jul-24-15 4:28 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has denied a new trial for Franklin Fitzpatrick, who was convicted of capital murder in the 2010 fatal shooting of a Tippah County sheriff's deputy.
- Mississippi murderer's lawsuit stalling execution Updated: Jul-24-15 8:41 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The execution of Mississippi's longest-serving death row inmate is being held up over a challenge to the state's lethal injection protocol.
- North Mississippi judge suspended for 30 days, no pay Updated: Jul-23-15 8:41 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A north Mississippi judge is asking the Mississippi Supreme Court to take a second look at his 30-day suspension and fine ordered for misconduct.
- MDOT make repairs to river bridge in Natchez Updated: Jul-22-15 8:44 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Crews have put the last of the concrete barriers in place in preparation for converting the south Mississippi River bridge to two-way traffic.
- Road dedication honors gospel music's Dixon Updated: Jul-21-15 4:05 pm
GEORGETOWN, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Transportation is hosting a dedication ceremony Friday for the "Don Linzy Dixon Gospel Memorial Highway."
- Bryant OKs Mississippi Guard to arm personnel Updated: Jul-20-15 7:28 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi National Guard now has the authority to arm its personnel at state military facilities after last week's shooting in Tennessee that killed five service members.
- Mississippi lawmaker hospitalized with stomach ailment Updated: Jul-20-15 7:37 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - State Rep. Steve Holland is in a Tupelo hospital for treatment of another abdominal infection.
- Trooper: Hit-and-run knocks man down, then SUV runs over him Updated: Jul-20-15 4:08 am
KOSCIUSKO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol says a hit-and-run driver left a man lying on a highway in Madison County, where an SUV ran over him.
- NAACP: Mississippi should remove Confederate sign from flag Updated: Jul-14-15 7:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The NAACP is calling on Mississippi legislators to remove the Confederate battle emblem from the state flag, days after South Carolina removed a stand-alone Confederate banner from its Capitol grounds.
- Caledonia man appeals conviction in wife's death Updated: Jul-08-15 4:22 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Caledonia man is seeking a new trial for the 2008 fatal shooting of his wife, an incident his attorneys call a "horribly tragic accident" but undeserving of a murder conviction and life sentence.
- Same-sex couple in Mississippi goes to court to seek divorce Updated: Jul-03-15 2:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood has asked the state Supreme Court to allow a lesbian couple to seek a divorce.
- City of Madison rental ordinance found flawed Updated: Jul-03-15 4:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has upheld property owner Mike Crook's challenge to a city of Madison ordinance he argues was designed to keep renters out of the Jackson suburb.
- Miss. inmate wins chance at appeal in decades-old rape case Updated: Jul-02-15 3:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has ordered a Hinds County judge to conduct a hearing into Richard Chapman's arguments that he deserves a new trial.
- Extra troopers on duty for July 4 traffic period Updated: Jul-01-15 4:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Highway Patrol is beefing up the ranks of state troopers on patrol for July 4 traffic enforcement period from 6 p.m. Friday through midnight Sunday.