- Authorities set enforcement plan for holiday travel Updated: Nov-25-15 6:40 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin the 2015 Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Enforcement Period at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
- Tullos challenges way votes were counted in tied House race Updated: Nov-23-15 7:09 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Even after two Mississippi legislative candidates drew straws to break a tied election, the state House of Representatives will have final say over who will serve the next four years.
- By luck of the 'straw', Democrat wins Mississippi House race Updated: Nov-20-15 5:09 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republicans drew the short straw Friday in Mississippi. Seriously.
- The Latest: Democrat picks green straw, wins tie election Updated: Nov-20-15 3:43 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on a Mississippi state House election that was decided by drawing straws (all times local):
- Tied House election to be decided by a long green straw Updated: Nov-18-15 9:32 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A drawing of straws could decide the winner of a tied legislative race in Mississippi, and the outcome will determine whether Republicans reach a supermajority in the state House of Representatives.
- Black Caucus says it will oppose tax cuts in 2016 session Updated: Nov-18-15 5:54 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Members of the Mississippi Legislative Black Caucus said Wednesday that they will oppose any effort by Republicans to push tax cuts during the 2016 session.
- Southaven prepares for Tanger Outlet mall opening Updated: Nov-18-15 10:37 am
SOUTHAVEN, Mississippi - Southaven is expecting a traffic nightmare from Friday's opening of the Tanger regional mall.
- Gov. Bryant says he wants no Syrian refugees in Mississippi Updated: Nov-16-15 1:29 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's Phil Bryant is joining several other governors in saying they want to block the federal government from putting any Syrian refugees in their states.
- Miss. House race in Smith, Jasper counties certified as tie Updated: Nov-12-15 6:01 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest news on the outcome of Mississippi legislative elections. All times are local.
- Mississippi governor leading trade delegation to Israel Updated: Nov-07-15 1:09 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is traveling to Israel for a week with a delegation of state economic development employees and private business executives.
- Mississippi Supreme Court narrowly grants same-sex divorce Updated: Nov-05-15 7:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court voted to allow a lesbian couple to seek a divorce, even as two justices questioned the U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage and suggested that landmark ruling has no constitutional basis.
- Party switch boosts GOP in House; Gunn on track as speaker Updated: Nov-05-15 4:17 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republicans are closer to having a three-fifths majority of 74 votes in the Mississippi House because a newly re-elected Democrat is switching parties.
- GOP leaders could seek revamp of Miss. school budget plans Updated: Nov-04-15 7:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republican legislative leaders said Wednesday they want to change Mississippi's education funding formula to try to push more money into classrooms and less into administrative expenses.
- Mississippi House GOP reaches 72 seats, near supermajority Updated: Nov-04-15 6:15 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republicans may only be one seat away from a 74-seat supermajority in the Mississippi state House, a level of control would stop Democrats from blocking spending and taxing measures.
- Mississippi House GOP reaches 72 seats, near supermajority Updated: Nov-04-15 5:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest news on legislative races in Mississippi's general election. All times are local.
- GOP wins Kentucky governor's race in top state election Updated: Nov-04-15 1:33 am
Kentucky voters on Tuesday elected just the second Republican in four decades to hold the governor's office, in a race that hinged largely on President Barack Obama's signature legislation, the Affordable Care Act.
- AP Newsguide: Mississippi statewide and regional candidates Updated: Nov-02-15 10:56 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi voters on Tuesday will elect eight statewide officials, six regional commissioners and 174 legislators. Two school funding proposals are also on the ballot.
- Trucker on longshot quest to unseat Mississippi GOP governor Updated: Nov-01-15 10:42 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Robert Gray, the long-haul truck driver who surprised even himself by winning the Democratic nomination for Mississippi governor, was allotted 10 minutes to try to persuade state Chamber of Commerce members they should support him rather than Republican Gov. Phil Bryant in Tuesday's election.
- Mississippi Supreme Court upholds to murder convictions Updated: Oct-30-15 5:38 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has upheld the murder convictions of two Harrison County men.
- Union County superintendent candidate disqualified Updated: Oct-30-15 4:06 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has declared a candidate for Union County School Superintendent ineligible to run for the office.
- Another Mississippi university stops flying state flag Updated: Oct-28-15 5:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Another public university in Mississippi is stopping the display of the state flag on campus because it contains a Confederate battle emblem many see as divisive.
- Mississippi editorial roundup Updated: Oct-28-15 3:29 pm
Recent editorials from Mississippi newspapers:
- Mississippi to widen I-55 in DeSoto County Updated: Oct-28-15 10:09 am
HERNANDO, Mississippi - DeSoto County is in line for long-term help with traffic problems that are expected to intensify as a new outlet mall opens in late November in Southaven.
- Miss. governor sending campaign money to fellow Republicans Updated: Oct-27-15 7:58 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Challenged by a Democrat running a low-budget campaign, Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is spending millions to seek a second term. But he's also giving away hundreds of thousands of dollars to fellow Republicans and is making donations to charities.