- California lawmaker, aide sued in fatal DUI case Updated: Apr-20-14 11:07 pm
- Education a sticking point as session nears end Updated: Apr-20-14 10:28 pm
- France edges US 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Apr-20-14 9:18 pm
- Lawmakers call for tighter sanctions on Russia Updated: Apr-20-14 8:03 pm
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners Updated: Apr-20-14 7:34 pm
- Former EPA official: Fracking transparency vital Updated: Apr-20-14 6:55 pm
- GOP making bold play for US Senate seat in Oregon Updated: Apr-20-14 5:15 pm
- Heitkamp, Hoeven criticize pipeline decision delay Updated: Apr-20-14 5:14 pm
- Sharp Elbows in Republican primaries Updated: Apr-20-14 4:19 pm
- 3 vying for Republican nomination for House seat Updated: Apr-20-14 3:47 pm
- Germany to play Czech Republic in Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-20-14 3:39 pm
- Brewers fear proposed FDA rule would spike costs Updated: Apr-20-14 3:23 pm
- Ex-justice says politics can be factor on retiring Updated: Apr-20-14 2:37 pm
- Deer herd's 150-mile migration is longest recorded Updated: Apr-20-14 1:32 pm
- US Sen. Durbin says he's taking Oberweis seriously Updated: Apr-20-14 1:27 pm
- Navy OKs changes for submariners' sleep schedules Updated: Apr-20-14 1:25 pm
- Wash. dairy farmers welcome higher milk prices Updated: Apr-20-14 1:22 pm
- Study: Fuels from corn waste not better than gas Updated: Apr-20-14 1:10 pm
- Coast Guard seeks pollution source in SC marinas Updated: Apr-20-14 12:16 pm
- Democrat's retirement opens door for GOP in NC 7th Updated: Apr-20-14 11:37 am
- Ohio hog farms hit by disease that kills baby pigs Updated: Apr-20-14 11:32 am
- Officials say security tight for Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-20-14 11:28 am
- Lost Union Army soldier honored with memorial Updated: Apr-20-14 11:28 am
- Legislative leaders push for adjournment Updated: Apr-20-14 10:10 am
- Delay in ferry evacuation puzzles maritime experts Updated: Apr-20-14 8:28 am
SANTA BARBARA, California - The parents of a Santa Barbara woman who was fatally struck by a congresswoman's aide filed a federal lawsuit against the driver, U.S. Rep. Lois Capps and the U.S. government.
JUNEAU, Alaska - State lawmakers were trying to reach an agreement Sunday on a broad-reaching education bill, with the clock winding down on the 90-day session.
ST. LOUIS - Caroline Garcia is still trying to figure out her recent success.
WASHINGTON - Two members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee called Sunday for beefing up western sanctions against Russia to include its petrochemical and banking industries and warned that Moscow thus far has ignored United States and European efforts to persuade it to back off its confrontation with Ukraine.
NEW YORK - Kraft Foods is recalling 96,000 pounds of its Oscar Mayer wieners because they may mistakenly contain cheese.
MIDDLETON, Wisconsin - Controversies over the fracking process may be inevitable, a former administrator with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency acknowledged recently, but Wisconsin can protect its place as the leading supplier of sand for the nation's fracking boom as long as the state has strong regulations, maintains maximum transparency and responds quickly to neighbors' concerns.
LAKE OSWEGO, Oregon - The GOP is making a bold play for a U.S. Senate seat in reliably Democratic Oregon, where a Republican hasn't been elected to a statewide office in more than a decade.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Members of North Dakota's congressional delegation are criticizing the Obama administration for putting off its decision on the contentious Keystone XL pipeline.
RICHMOND, Virginia - There's been no free path to potential victory for Barbara Comstock as she tries to win the Republican primary contest next Saturday for the 10th Congressional District in northern Virginia.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The three candidates seeking the Republican nomination for a central Arkansas congressional seat are running on vows to cut taxes and regulations in Washington, but split sharply on who would be the strongest candidate in this fall's election.
Germany will take on the Czech Republic in the Fed Cup final after both countries wrapped up their semifinal victories by winning the first reverse singles on Sunday.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Northwest beer brewers have joined a national outcry over a proposed rule from the Food and Drug Administration which they say would make it prohibitively expensive for them to recycle spent grain by providing it to dairy farmers.
WASHINGTON - John Paul Stevens says he thinks it's appropriate for Supreme Court justices to factor in political considerations when weighing a decision to retire.
CASPER, Wyoming - Each spring, a herd of mule deer leaves the Red Desert and follows a trail of greening grass and retreating snow along the western slope of the Wind River Range. Months later, the animals arrive in the Hoback Basin south of Jackson, more than 150 miles away.
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he's taking his opponent in the November election more seriously than any challenger since he first was elected to the Senate nearly two decades ago.
GROTON, Connecticut - With no sunlight to set day apart from night on a submarine, the U.S. Navy for decades has staggered sailors' working hours on schedules with little resemblance to life above the ocean's surface.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - With milk prices steadily rising in recent months, Whatcom County dairy farmers are finding themselves in the unusual position of earning enough to rebuild savings accounts and pay back loans from the years of lean times.
WASHINGTON - Biofuels made from the leftovers of harvested corn plants are worse than gasoline for global warming in the short term, a study shows, challenging the Obama administration's conclusions that they are a much cleaner oil alternative and will help combat climate change.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Coast Guard is looking for the source of pools of thick, purple pollution in Charleston waters.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two years ago, Republican David Rouzer lost to Democratic U.S. Rep. Mike McIntyre by just 654 votes - a razor-thin margin of 0.2 percent among the nearly 337,000 ballots cast.
TOLEDO, Ohio - A relatively new virus that kills newborn pigs has been found on hog farms around Ohio.
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick and a congressional leader say security will be tight as thousands of runners and hundreds of thousands of spectators crowd Boston's streets for the annual Marathon.
RADCLIFF, Kentucky - The story of an uneducated farmer from Anderson County was buried with him in an unmarked grave in Columbia until one of his descendants unearthed the truth and fought to have him recognized.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Disagreements remain on several budget bills and priorities Gov. Terry Branstad outlined at the beginning of the year still have obstacles to overcome, but leaders in the Legislature say ending the 2014 session this week is likely.
MOKPO, South Korea - It is a decision that has maritime experts stumped and is at odds with standard procedure: Why were the passengers of the doomed South Korean ferry told to stay in their rooms rather than climb on deck?