- Coast Guard crews searching for missing diver Updated: Aug-01-15 10:13 am
MIAMI - Coast Guard officials in Miami say that are searching for a diver reported missing off the coast of Cudjoe Key.
- Atlanta airport leads in number of guns found in bags Updated: Aug-01-15 9:31 am
ATLANTA - Authorities say Atlanta's airport once again leads the nation in the number of guns found in carry-on bags.
- Dems still weighing Iran deal, but happy with Obama outreach Updated: Aug-01-15 8:44 am
WASHINGTON - Determined to secure support for the Iran nuclear deal, President Barack Obama is making inroads with a tough constituency - his fellow Democrats in Congress.
- New York Air Guard unit competing in parachute competition Updated: Aug-01-15 8:34 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Two New York Army National Guard helicopters are in Rhode Island this weekend for the largest international military parachute competition in the world.
- NSA paid Utah more than $1M to police data center roads Updated: Aug-01-15 8:04 am
BLUFFDALE, Utah - The National Security Agency has paid Utah more than $1 million over the past year and a half for state troopers to guard the entrance to the spy agency's massive data center south of Salt Lake City.
- Feds investigate after Ohio worker dies deglazing bathtub Updated: Aug-01-15 7:04 am
CLEVELAND - A federal agency says it is investigating the death of a worker in Cleveland who apparently was overcome with chemical fumes while stripping the glaze off a bathtub.
- National Guard opening renovated center in Westminster Updated: Aug-01-15 5:04 am
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - The Maryland National Guard is opening a renovated center housing a military police unit in Westminster.
- St. Clair County sheriff passes on US House bid Updated: Aug-01-15 4:05 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois sheriff recruited by the national Democratic Party to challenge a first-term Republican congressman has declined the offer.
- Germany shelves Nazi crimes probe of US man Updated: Aug-01-15 12:36 am
BERLIN - German prosecutors have shelved their Nazi war crimes investigation of a retired Minnesota carpenter whom The Associated Press exposed as a former commander in an SS-led unit, saying Friday that the 96-year-old is not fit for trial.
- Kerry off to Mideast with Egypt, Iran deal, Syria on agenda Updated: Jul-31-15 11:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry headed to the Middle East on Friday for security talks in Egypt and discussions in Qatar with Arab foreign ministers whose countries are wary of the nuclear deal struck with Iran.
- 'Gut-wrenching' decision: Search for teens suspended Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
OPA-LOCKA, Florida - After hundreds of rescue workers fanned out across a massive swath of the Atlantic for a full week, the Coast Guard's search for two teenage fishermen ended Friday, a heart-rending decision for families so convinced the boys could be alive they're pressing on with their own hunt.
- Zimbabwe: American lion killer's extradition being sought Updated: Jul-31-15 10:43 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe will seek the extradition of an American dentist who killed a lion that was lured out of a national park and caused international outrage, a Cabinet minister said Friday.
- FAA: 'Unmanned aircraft' seen flying near NY airport Updated: Jul-31-15 9:47 pm
NEW YORK - Federal officials are investigating after a pilot reported seeing an unmanned aircraft while approaching John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- White House says former Taliban leader Mullah Omar is dead Updated: Jul-31-15 8:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says U.S. intelligence agencies have determined that former Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar is dead, and says his demise "represents a chance for yet more progress on the path to a stable, secure Afghanistan."
- The latest: Coast Guard suspends search for missing teens Updated: Jul-31-15 8:26 pm
MIAMI - The latest on the search for the two teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M between 2007-14 Updated: Jul-31-15 8:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, earned more than $139 million between 2007 and 2014, according to eight years of federal income tax returns released by her campaign on Friday.
- Coast Guard honors teenage plane crash survivor Updated: Jul-31-15 7:50 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Coast Guard has honored the teenage survivor of a plane crash near Juneau for helping other passengers and attracting the attention of rescuers.
- Citing hacking risk, FDA says Hospira pump shouldn't be used Updated: Jul-31-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - The federal government says health care facilities should stop using Hospira's Symbiq medication infusion pump because of its vulnerability to hacking.
- Some Alaska Natives allowed visa-free travel to Russian area Updated: Jul-31-15 6:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Some western Alaska Natives can again travel back and forth to Russia's Chukota region without a visa under a decades-old agreement that was recently revived.
- Ethics panel clears lawmakers in 2013 Azerbaijan trip Updated: Jul-31-15 6:41 pm
WASHINGTON - The House Ethics Committee said Friday it found no evidence of wrongdoing by a bipartisan group of lawmakers who went on a 2013 trip to Azerbaijan paid for by that country's government.
- Man accused of shooting family recently released from jail Updated: Jul-31-15 6:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - An 18-year-old man accused of shooting a family that stopped to help him on a Montana roadside was released from a Wyoming jail two weeks earlier while facing unrelated burglary and drug charges, a court official said Friday.
- Regulators close case questioning California reactor repairs Updated: Jul-31-15 6:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Federal regulators have closed a case that questioned whether Southern California Edison violated government rules when it installed faulty equipment at the now-closed San Onofre nuclear power plant.
- GOP legislators seek audit of money to Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-31-15 6:16 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina House Republicans are seeking an audit of Planned Parenthood clinics in the state as Congress considers cutting off federal funding to the abortion provider.
- 21 stray horses killed in Thermopolis area, BLM investigates Updated: Jul-31-15 5:37 pm
THERMOPOLIS, Wyoming - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management says it's investigating the killing of 21 stray horses on federal and state land northwest of Thermopolis.
- Pot industry's bank bid rejected by federal regulators Updated: Jul-31-15 5:37 pm
DENVER - A Colorado credit union is hoping a federal judge will intervene to let the booming marijuana industry move its finances from cash-stuffed suitcases to the regulated banking system.