- UN: 230 million children under 5 never registered Updated: Dec-10-13 8:55 pm
- Cambodia will resume int'l adoptions in next year Updated: Dec-04-13 6:20 am
- Katy Perry is newest UNICEF goodwill ambassador Updated: Dec-03-13 5:14 pm
- AP PHOTOS: The dolly wears Prada Updated: Nov-26-13 11:28 am
- MLB to donate $200,000 for Typhoon Haiyan relief Updated: Nov-14-13 5:11 pm
- Spoelstra seeks aid for typhoon-struck Philippines Updated: Nov-13-13 9:25 pm
- Syrian civil war prompts polio vaccination effort Updated: Nov-13-13 2:26 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Nearly 230 million children under the age of five around the world have never had their birth registered, which often means they will be barred from education, health care and social security, the U.N. children's agency said.
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia will resume international adoptions in 2014, more than four years after suspending them over concerns about child exploitation, an official said Wednesday.
UNITED NATIONS - Pop star Katy Perry said Tuesday that becoming a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. children's agency has made her realize there's more to happiness than material possessions and social status.
Prada, Chanel and Christian Dior are among dozens of fashion houses taking a momentary pause from the red-carpet elite to design a series of dolls for charity.
ORLANDO, Florida - Major League Baseball intends to donate $200,000 to UNICEF and the American Red Cross for disaster relief efforts in the Philippines following Typhoon Haiyan.
MIAMI - With a bit of his mother's native language thrown in at the end, Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra released a public service announcement on Wednesday asking people to give to UNICEF and help with typhoon relief efforts in the Philippines.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - Health officials are rushing to vaccinate millions of children from Egypt to Turkey, fearing a polio outbreak in Syria could spread as tens of thousands of refugees flee the civil war.