- UN: At least 200 million females estimated to be circumcised Updated: Feb-04-16 7:21 pm
UNITED NATIONS - At least 200 million girls and women in 30 countries are estimated to have undergone female circumcision - half of them in Egypt, Ethiopia and Indonesia, the U.N. children's agency said in a report released Thursday night.
- Scholarships, tutoring to save 'lost generation' of Syrians Updated: Feb-02-16 1:59 am
ZARQA, Jordan - Until recently, Syrian refugee Eyad Zoulghena only had bad options.
- UNICEF seeks $2.8B to help kids in world emergencies in 2016 Updated: Jan-26-16 7:49 am
GENEVA - The U.N. children's agency is launching a $2.8 billion appeal to help children caught up in humanitarian emergencies this year.
- UNICEF seeks funds for N. Korea drought victims Updated: Jan-26-16 5:39 am
TOKYO - UNICEF is seeking $18 million in relief funds for tens of thousands of children in North Korea it believes have been hit by the impact of a drought last year that heightened malnutrition and diarrhea caused by a lack of access to clean water.
- UN: More than half of South Sudanese kids not in school Updated: Jan-12-16 10:19 am
JUBA, South Sudan - More than half of the children in South Sudan are not in school, the highest proportion in any country, the U.N. children's agency said Tuesday.