- After court setback, estranged Benson heirs not giving up Updated: May-05-16 10:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The estranged daughter and grandchildren of New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson say they won't abandon their effort to prove their patriarch has been manipulated into appointing his third wife the sole heir to his sports empire.
- Will Smith's widow accepts his posthumous degree in Miami Updated: May-05-16 10:19 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The widow of former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith accepted his degree from the University of Miami on Thursday, nearly a month after he was shot and killed.
- Falcons become first NFL team to sign all draft picks Updated: May-05-16 8:09 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - One day after becoming the first team to agree to terms with its first-round draft pick, the Atlanta Falcons have become the first team to sign all their selections.
- Falcons' rookie free agents include Georgia's Dawson, Mayes Updated: May-05-16 1:47 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with 22 college free agents, including Georgia defensive linemen Josh Dawson and Chris Mayes.
- Titans hire Ryan Cowden as director of player personnel Updated: May-05-16 12:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have hired Ryan Cowden as their director of player personnel.
- Nyquist draws No. 13 post as early 3-1 Kentucky Derby fav Updated: May-04-16 6:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doug O'Neill was all smiles after early 3-1 favorite Nyquist drew the No. 13 post for the 142nd Kentucky Derby.
- Security chief Jeffrey Miller leaving NFL Updated: May-04-16 5:02 pm
NEW YORK - NFL security chief Jeffrey Miller is leaving the league for the private sector.
- Good deed by Falcons' Freeman makes way to social media Updated: May-04-16 3:29 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Falcons running back Devonta Freeman said Wednesday it was "motivation to me" when he was walking in his neighborhood this week and saw 82-year-old Eleanor Szendel struggling to empty the bag on her lawn mower.
- Falcons agree to terms on 4-year deal with Keanu Neal Updated: May-04-16 3:16 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms on a four-year contract with safety Keanu Neal, the team's first-round pick from Florida.
- Saints, left tackle Armstead agree on 5-year extension Updated: May-03-16 6:29 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Saints left tackle Terron Armstead has agreed to a five-year extension that runs through the 2021 season.
- Redskins fill a few specific needs during the NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 9:05 pm
- Saints draft Nigeria native who learned football in Canada Updated: Apr-30-16 8:20 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - David Onyemata's path to the NFL began when he followed in his sisters' footsteps by leaving Nigeria to attend college in Canada.
- Panthers use 3 of 5 draft picks to address cornerback needs Updated: Apr-30-16 7:49 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers spent the NFL draft looking for a replacement for All-Pro cornerback Josh Norman.
- Falcons add more defensive help with Minnesota LB Campbell Updated: Apr-30-16 7:37 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - For the second straight year, defense was the early priority in the NFL draft for coach Dan Quinn and the Atlanta Falcons.
- Buccaneers make improving defense priority of NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 7:10 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers feel they're closer to assembling the talent necessary to become relevant again.
- Falcons release recruiting video to undrafted free agents Updated: Apr-30-16 12:36 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons are recruiting undrafted free agents, and they began the process before the final round of the NFL draft.
- Saints draft receiver Thomas, safety Bell, in 2nd round Updated: Apr-30-16 1:06 am
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints' draft class now includes a pair of Ohio State teammates who won a national championship together.
- The Latest: 3rd round a graduation party for Bengals' Dunlap Updated: Apr-29-16 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on the second day of the NFL draft (all times Eastern):
- Hacked: After bizarre video Tunsil's NFL draft stock drops Updated: Apr-29-16 7:46 am
Laremy Tunsil tumbled down the NFL draft board Thursday night after a bizarre video of him was posted on his Twitter account minutes before the start of the proceedings, potentially costing the offensive lineman millions of dollars.
- The Latest: Smith family pleased with indictment Updated: Apr-28-16 8:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the case of a man who is accused of fatally shooting retired New Orleans Saints player Will Smith during a traffic dispute (all times local):
- Saints' Drew Brees: Pace of contract talks not hurting team Updated: Apr-27-16 11:31 am
NEW ORLEANS - Drew Brees asserts that his contract talks with the Saints haven't hampered the club's ability to acquire top free agents this offseason because he is committed to negotiating an extension that would improve the Saints' financial flexibility.
- Olsen: Panthers' focus not on return to Super Bowl right now Updated: Apr-25-16 3:08 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen knows the NFC champion Carolina Panthers are making a huge mistake if they assume they're getting back to the Super Bowl next season.
- New Redskins CB Josh Norman enjoyed 'all the glitz and glam' Updated: Apr-25-16 3:04 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Josh Norman was not used to being courted for his football skills, whether by a top college or an NFL team.
- 'I am here' - Silenced by autism, young man finds his voice Updated: Apr-25-16 12:14 am
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Benjamin Alexander cannot speak, but he is determined to be heard. He cannot type without a hand to support his, and yet he writes and writes, his inner voice shouting out his thoughts. He returns repeatedly to the "fiend" that tried to silence him, the autism he sarcastically calls his "gift."
- Harris wouldn't change anything about Super Bowl comments Updated: Apr-22-16 5:16 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - After helping put the clamps on Cam Newton in the Super Bowl, Chris Harris Jr. helped send Carolina's quarterback over the edge by explaining how the Denver Broncos had befuddled the league's MVP exactly as they had planned.