- Republican Fisher enters Mass. race for governor Updated: Dec-07-13 9:48 am
- Mass., Conn. students perform well on global test Updated: Dec-03-13 4:13 pm
- Republican announces run for Mass. lt. governor Updated: Dec-03-13 12:31 pm
- Democrat Kayyem outlines criminal justice platform Updated: Dec-02-13 7:58 pm
- Car crashes shut icy I-290 in Worcester Updated: Dec-01-13 4:06 pm
- Mass. AG: Do homework before donating to charities Updated: Nov-29-13 6:09 pm
- Bill would ban gas fracking in Mass. for 10 years Updated: Nov-29-13 5:29 pm
- Mass. trooper involved in Revere crash suspended Updated: Nov-27-13 7:40 am
- Groups hail proposed fare cut for MBTA's The Ride Updated: Nov-27-13 3:13 am
- Mass. considers rules for secondary metals dealers Updated: Nov-25-13 4:04 am
- Michigan AG, Mass. US attorney to announce plans Updated: Nov-24-13 7:46 pm
- Mass. AG pushing for for-profit school regulations Updated: Nov-22-13 3:25 am
- Mass. lawmakers embrace early voting bill Updated: Nov-21-13 9:56 am
- House sets Sept. 9 for Mass. primary Updated: Nov-18-13 4:37 pm
- Mass. backs stiff fines for corporate manslaughter Updated: Nov-18-13 4:29 pm
- Mass. official opposes utility's rate hike request Updated: Nov-18-13 11:17 am
- Red Sox championship trophy visits Statehouse Updated: Nov-07-13 1:18 pm
- Former lawmaker Warren Tolman running for Mass. AG Updated: Nov-07-13 9:59 am
- Mass. House approves welfare legislation Updated: Nov-07-13 9:15 am
- Humason wins race for Mass. Senate seat Updated: Nov-05-13 11:44 pm
SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts - A Shrewsbury business owner says he is seeking the Republican nomination for governor in Massachusetts.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Massachusetts students scored among the top performing education systems worldwide in reading, math and science, while students in Connecticut also had top scores in reading and science and around average results in math, officials said Tuesday.
BOSTON - Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Baker is teaming up with former state representative Karyn Polito to form a Republican ticket for the state's top office in next year's election.
BOSTON - Juliette Kayyem, a Democratic candidate for governor, unveiled a plan Monday she said will help overhaul the state's criminal justice system with a focus on rehabilitation and curbing waste.
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Freezing rain was blamed for highway pileups that sent dozens of people to the hospital Sunday morning in central and northern Massachusetts.
BOSTON - Just 34 cents of every dollar collected by professional solicitors in Massachusetts in 2012 ended up with the charities they were representing, according to a new report by Attorney General Martha Coakley.
BOSTON - A bill aimed at temporarily banning a natural gas drilling technique that involves blasting chemical-laden water deep into the ground is making its way through the Statehouse.
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - A state trooper charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol after allegedly striking an on-duty trooper's cruiser during a traffic stop has been suspended without pay.
BOSTON - Groups representing seniors and people with disabilities are praising a recommendation by the MBTA to roll back fares from $4 to $3 for its door-to-door paratransit service known as The RIDE.
BOSTON - State lawmakers are considering a bill aimed at reducing the theft of secondary metals.
DETROIT - A federal prosecutor from Massachusetts is joining Michigan's attorney general Monday to announce a "new development" in state and federal probes of a company that sold steroid injection materials linked to a fungal meningitis outbreak.
BOSTON - Attorney General Martha Coakley is proposing new regulations she says will help students looking to attend for-profit and occupational schools operating in Massachusetts.
BOSTON - A bill that would allow for early voting in Massachusetts during presidential elections and for online voter registration has cleared the state House of Representatives.
BOSTON - The state House of Representatives has approved a bill setting Sept. 9, 2014, as the date for the next Massachusetts primary election.
BOSTON - Massachusetts is close to changing a nearly 200-year-old law that limits to $1,000 the penalty for corporate manslaughter.
BOSTON - Attorney General Martha Coakley is asking state regulators to reject a more than $30 million rate hike request by a natural gas company that serves 300,000 Massachusetts customers because of what she considers unnecessary spending by company executives.
BOSTON - State employees lined up Thursday to have their picture taken with the Boston Red Sox World Series championship trophy as it made a stop at the Massachusetts Statehouse.
BOSTON - Former state Sen. Warren Tolman entered the race for attorney general on Thursday, making him the third Democrat to seek the office currently held by Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Martha Coakley.
BOSTON - The Massachusetts House has approved its version of a bill aimed at overhauling the state's welfare system.
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - Republican state Rep. Donald Humason (HOO'-mah-son) has defeated Holyoke City Councilor David Bartley in a special election for a vacant seat in the Massachusetts Senate.