- Massachusetts Senate OKs bill to address opioid crisis Updated: Oct-01-15 8:51 pm
BOSTON - Prompted by a deadly wave of opioid addiction in the state, the Massachusetts Senate on Thursday unanimously passed a bill that would encourage doctors to consider new approaches for treating pain and would increase screening of public school students for potential substance abuse.
- DeLeo: Public records bill up soon in Massachusetts House Updated: Sep-30-15 3:12 pm
BOSTON - Speaker Robert DeLeo says he expects the Massachusetts House to vote sometime in the next week or two on a bill aimed at revamping the state's public records law.
- Massachusetts police officers honored for bravery Updated: Sep-29-15 3:54 pm
BOSTON - Twelve police officers were honored Tuesday with bravery awards named for a slain Massachusetts state trooper.
- Bill would allow drug offenders to retain driver's licenses Updated: Sep-24-15 5:45 pm
BOSTON - Convicted drug offenders would no longer have their driver's licenses automatically suspended, under a bill the Massachusetts Senate unanimously approved Thursday.
- Senate OKs bill barring teens under 18 from tanning salons Updated: Sep-24-15 3:05 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate on Thursday unanimously passed a bill that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds.
- 14-year-old boy drowns in Westfield River Updated: Sep-21-15 2:19 pm
WESTFIELD, Massachusetts - Police say a teenager has drowned in the Westfield River in western Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts AG reviewing fantasy sports site DraftKings Updated: Sep-17-15 8:05 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey says she's reviewing the Boston-based fantasy sports website DraftKings.
- Massachusetts state trooper accidentally shoots himself Updated: Sep-15-15 5:01 pm
AYER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts state police sergeant who accidentally shot himself in the leg with a shotgun is expected to survive.
- DeLeo planning to seek another term as House speaker Updated: Sep-08-15 6:12 pm
BOSTON - House Speaker Robert DeLeo is planning to run for another term as head of the Massachusetts House.