- Police arrest off-duty trooper on domestic violence charges Updated: Aug-03-15 3:28 am
ROYALSTON, Massachusetts - Authorities say an off-duty Massachusetts State Police Trooper was arrested on domestic assault and battery charges.
- Massachusetts lawmakers back 2-day sales tax 'holiday' Updated: Jul-29-15 8:31 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts was on track Wednesday for another sales tax holiday in August despite concerns from several lawmakers that the two-day suspension of the state's 6.25 percent tax was little more than a gimmick that benefits large retailers while costing the state valuable revenue.
- Lawmakers move to restore budget items vetoed by Baker Updated: Jul-29-15 7:38 pm
BOSTON - Lawmakers moved Wednesday to restore nearly $100 million in spending vetoed from the state budget by Republican Gov. Charlie Baker, including funds for full-day kindergarten programs and for the University of Massachusetts system.
- Gov. Baker to lobby for Massachusetts military Updated: Jul-28-15 2:20 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is headed to Washington to make the case for the state's six military installations.
- Woman awarded $300,000 after trooper pulls her out of car Updated: Jul-26-15 3:19 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts state trooper used excessive force against a woman even though he had probable cause to arrest her for traffic violations, a jury has ruled.
- Massachusetts lawmakers to hold hearing on health bills Updated: Jul-26-15 11:07 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have scheduled a public hearing this week on a slew of public health bills.
- Massachusetts Senate passes bill to prep for climate change Updated: Jul-23-15 7:23 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate has approved a bill supporters say will help the state better adapt to a changing environment while encouraging the growth of solar energy.
- Republican Governors Association taps Baker for key panel Updated: Jul-23-15 3:21 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker has been elected to the executive committee of the Republican Governors Association.
- Campaign donations pour in for top Massachusetts lawmakers Updated: Jul-21-15 4:47 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo collected more than $415,000 in campaign donations during the first half of the year - more than during any previous six-month period for the powerful Democrat.
- Man injured in fireworks accident to face criminal charge Updated: Jul-16-15 4:15 pm
LYNN, Massachusetts - Massachusetts State Police have filed a criminal charge against a man who was seriously injured July 4 when fireworks exploded in his hand.
- Massachusetts again debates tuition costs for immigrants Updated: Jul-15-15 4:23 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers are reviving a debate about whether immigrants in the country illegally should be eligible for in-state college tuition rates, and backers of both sides gathered at the Statehouse on Wednesday to testify at a public hearing.
- Head of Massachusetts State Police retiring, successor named Updated: Jul-08-15 8:08 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts State Police are getting a new leader.
- Attorney General: Shut down website's "adult" section Updated: Jul-07-15 7:38 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is calling on the website Backpage to shut down its "adult" section.
- State AG's office to investigate police shooting Updated: Jul-07-15 4:46 am
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts Attorney General's Office plans to investigate the fatal police shooting of a man who prosecutors say was shot after pointing a realistic looking BB gun at authorities.
- Massachusetts AG awards $300k for summer youth jobs Updated: Jul-05-15 6:58 pm
BOSTON - More than $300,000 in grant funding has been awarded to 46 organizations for an estimated 200 summer youth jobs across Massachusetts.
- Things to know Massachusetts' state budget delay Updated: Jul-04-15 11:25 am
BOSTON - Meet the state's new fiscal year. Same as the old fiscal year.