- Oregon National Guard's top general gets promotion Updated: Jul-30-15 1:41 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The head of the Oregon National Guard is getting a promotion.
- Oregon police release man thought to be behind letters Updated: Jul-29-15 8:07 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon State Police said Wednesday that investigators questioned and released a Eugene man believed to be responsible for suspicious letters sent to two dozen sheriff's offices this week.
- Driver caught after leading police 170 miles to Baker City Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 am
BOISE, Idaho - A driver is facing charges after he led police on a 170-mile chase from Mountain Home to Baker City, Oregon.
- Colorado governor supports Jordan Cove, Pacific Connector Updated: Jul-27-15 1:47 pm
COOS BAY, Oregon - Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper has issued a letter of support for the Jordan Cove Energy Project and Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline, while Gov. Kate Brown still has yet to publicly take a stance on the issue.
- Right-of-way issues delay southern Oregon bypass project Updated: Jul-15-15 9:53 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - A right-of-way snafu has delayed the largest road construction project in more than 50 years in Jackson County and has raised the specter of cost hikes for the four-mile-long bypass for busy Highway 62.
- Police in Oregon: on-body cameras may be too costly Updated: Jul-12-15 1:05 pm
BEND, Oregon - While many have sung the praises of on-body police cameras, some departments in Central Oregon aren't sure they can foot the bill.
- Next year's legislative session begins taking shape Updated: Jul-11-15 3:53 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers wrapped up the legislative session and went home last week, but the to-do list for 2016 will be shaped from the ruins of this year's failed legislation.
- Records show how police zeroed in on Kitzhaber email leaker Updated: Jul-11-15 3:37 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Newly released records show Oregon State Police investigators used computer forensic techniques to zero in on the technology manager who leaked former Gov. John Kitzhaber's emails.
- Police arrest 10 in investigation of charter fishing company Updated: Jul-10-15 5:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The owners of a Depoe Bay charter fishing company are among 10 people who face racketeering charges following an investigation into a scheme involving fishing licenses, the Oregon State Police said Friday.
- Court: Cops need more than general concern to ask about guns Updated: Jul-10-15 10:05 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Supreme Court says police must have a good reason to ask people they stop if they have a weapon.
- Portland Rep. Jennifer Williamson to be No. 2 House Democrat Updated: Jul-09-15 6:01 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Democrats in the Oregon House of Representatives have elected a new majority leader.
- Oregon session empowered Democratic Party's liberal wing Updated: Jul-07-15 9:13 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon will be the first state to automatically register drivers to vote and to give women access to 12 months of birth control at a time. Workers will get up to a week of paid sick leave. A controversial new global-warming initiative aims to reduce carbon pollution.
- Oregon troopers cleared in Grants Pass fatal shooting Updated: Jul-07-15 11:08 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Authorities say two Oregon State Police troopers were deemed justified in the fatal shooting of an assault suspect in Grants Pass.
- Lawmakers in Oregon vote to aid gay veterans, strippers Updated: Jul-07-15 3:14 am
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers gave an assist to gay veterans in the final hours of the 2015 legislative session.
- Oregon pharmacists will be able to prescribe birth control Updated: Jul-06-15 10:44 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon women will no longer have to visit a health clinic for a birth control prescription starting next year.
- The Latest: Oregon Legislature adjourns 2015 session Updated: Jul-06-15 9:07 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Legislature is pressing to adjourn, perhaps as soon as Monday. Here's a look at the latest developments:
- Magnitude 4.2 earthquake hits Oregon, no damage reported Updated: Jul-04-15 8:19 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Some Oregonians woke on the Fourth of July to a significant jolt when a magnitude 4.2 earthquake struck near Springfield and Eugene.
- Idaho man dies in rollover crash, alcohol a likely factor Updated: Jul-04-15 7:16 pm
DURKEE, Oregon - Authorities say alcohol consumption is suspected to be a factor in a rollover crash that killed an Idaho man in eastern Oregon.
- A look at the past week in the Oregon Legislature Updated: Jul-04-15 2:04 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers had a busy week, advancing dozens of bills and finalizing the budget as they prepare to adjourn the 2015 session in the coming days. Here's a look at some of the highlights from the past week:
- Senate sends Eastern Oregon speed limit hike to governor Updated: Jul-03-15 3:02 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A plan to raise speed limits in Eastern Oregon is headed to Gov. Kate Brown.
- Senate opposes bill forcing savings of capital gains revenue Updated: Jul-03-15 2:38 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate has voted down a bill that aims to save higher-than-average revenue from capital gains taxes, rather than spend it.