- Man dies at rest area; OSP speaks with 'person of interest' Updated: Oct-13-15 11:15 am
OREGON CITY, Oregon - Oregon State Police say they are interviewing a person of interest in the death of a man at an Interstate 5 rest area.
- Former governor's landfill trip appears unrelated to probe Updated: Oct-12-15 4:32 pm
BEND, Oregon - A former governor is under investigation, but not for a trip he made to the dump in February.
- Democrats criticize LePage statement about Oregon shooting Updated: Oct-06-15 10:38 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Democrats are criticizing Maine Gov. Paul LePage's statements about gun control and mental illness related to his order to lower flags to half-staff in honor of the victims of the mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon.
- Flags to be lowered in honor of college shooting victims Updated: Oct-06-15 3:24 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island is lowering its flags to be flown at half-staff to honor the nine people shot dead at an Oregon community college.
- Oregon State Police arrest 2 for deer poaching Updated: Oct-05-15 8:37 pm
BAKER CITY, Oregon - Oregon State Police Fish and Wildlife troopers have arrested two Baker City 18-year-olds in connection with deer poaching.
- Gov. Malloy orders flags lowered after Oregon shooting Updated: Oct-03-15 11:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has ordered flags lowered to half-staff in honor of the nine people killed after a gunman opened fire on an Oregon community college campus.
- Lt. Gov: 'Fellow Christians' should consider handgun permits Updated: Oct-02-15 7:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey said in a Facebook posting Friday that "fellow Christians" should consider getting a handgun carry permit after a gunman killed nine people at a community college in Oregon.
- Lt. Gov: 'Fellow Christians' should consider handgun permits Updated: Oct-02-15 7:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey said in a Facebook posting Friday that "fellow Christians" should consider getting a handgun carry permit after the mass shooting in Oregon.
- Oregon Senate Democrats elect new majority leader Updated: Sep-28-15 10:50 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Democrats in the Oregon Senate have elected a new majority leader.
- Governor forms workgroup to evaluate crime lab procedures Updated: Sep-25-15 3:03 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon Governor Kate Brown is forming a workgroup to review the practices and procedures of the Oregon State Police crime lab, as the state investigates a forensic analyst for allegedly tampering with evidence.
- Woman reports sex assault on Oregon State University campus Updated: Sep-23-15 8:27 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A woman says she was sexually assaulted on the Oregon State University campus.
- LNG critics ask Oregon Gov. Kate Brown to oppose project Updated: Sep-23-15 9:50 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - Confident that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will eventually issue a license for Oregon LNG's $6 billion liquefied natural gas terminal and pipeline on Warrenton's Skipanon Peninsula, opponents are calling on Gov. Kate Brown to take a stand against the project.
- Portland homeless camp to be cleared out Updated: Sep-22-15 10:50 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon Department of Transportation officials say they're planning to shut down a growing homeless camp in Portland.
- Oregon report reveals state's bridges deteriorating Updated: Sep-22-15 10:06 am
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon state report released last week predicts that the state's bridges will significantly deteriorate in the next two decades without more investment from the state.
- Ore. Democrats backtrack, cancel Planned Parenthood hearing Updated: Sep-21-15 11:08 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Days after agreeing to hold a hearing about Planned Parenthood, Oregon House Democrats have changed their minds.
- Oregon police: pair of wolves found dead in Wallowa County Updated: Sep-16-15 4:33 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon State Police are seeking the public's help regarding the deaths of a wolf pair in Wallowa County.
- Gun-control advocates hope recent wins signal changing tide Updated: Sep-15-15 7:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - It's long been conventional wisdom that fighting for gun control is a good way to end a politician's career.