- Bicyclist, deputy in fatal collision identified Updated: Nov-23-15 9:30 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Authorities say a bicyclist who died in a collision with a Lane County deputy in Eugene Thursday night has been identified.
- Public hearings show inside state's judicial fitness system Updated: Nov-23-15 12:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - As public disciplinary hearings for an Oregon judge who refused to perform same-sex marriages begin, the public is able to get a rare glimpse of the state's judicial disciplinary system.
- Fallen Trooper Memorial to be built at Salem's Capitol Mall Updated: Nov-23-15 10:30 am
SALEM, Oregon - Sue Tichenor's family moved frequently during her childhood because her father worked for the Oregon State Police. No matter what city they lived in or what school she attended, she could always count on coming home to a house full of uniformed officers.
- Oregon authorities seek help investigating fatal hit and run Updated: Nov-22-15 6:57 pm
CORVALIS, Oregon - Oregon State Police seek health from the public in their investigation of a hit and run fatal crash on Highway 34 near milepost 1 just east of Corvallis.
- Bicyclist dies in crash involving deputy in Eugene Updated: Nov-20-15 8:02 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Authorities say a female bicyclist has died in a collision with a Lane County deputy driving a patrol vehicle in Eugene.
- Oregon State Police suspend drug evidence testing at 2 labs Updated: Nov-20-15 3:28 pm
BEND, Oregon - Authorities say the Oregon State Police laboratories in Bend and Pendleton have suspended processing of drug evidence while police investigate a forensic analyst who worked at both labs.
- Republican leader renews call for ODOT director to resign Updated: Nov-19-15 9:45 am
SALEM, Oregon - Senate Republican Leader Ted Ferrioli again called on the director of the state Department of Transportation to resign, saying the agency's blunders helped end an effort to repeal and replace a controversial environmental law in June.
- Idaho man killed in multiple-vehicle collision in Oregon Updated: Nov-18-15 7:17 pm
HERMISTON, Oregon - A 47-year-old from Idaho died and several others were hospitalized in a collision involving 11 vehicles on Interstate 84 near Hermiston.
- Oregon lawmakers review pesticides used in marijuana Updated: Nov-18-15 12:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers are reviewing possible regulations to the state's burgeoning industry including edible marijuana serving sizes, pesticide use and marijuana tracking.
- 10 of Oregon's 13 superdelegates uncommitted; 3 back Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 12:29 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Ten of the 13 "superdelegates" that Oregon will send to next year's Democratic National Convention are so far remaining uncommitted to any of the presidential candidates.
- 'Survivor' contestant running for Oregon office Updated: Nov-12-15 12:58 am
SALEM, Oregon - A two-time contestant on the TV show "Survivor" has announced her next adventure: seeking a seat in Oregon's statehouse.
- Lawmakers say Oregon agency, university resisting hemp Updated: Nov-06-15 2:27 pm
SALEM, Oregon - There's a quiet battle playing out between Oregon State University, the Oregon Department of Agriculture and Democrats in the state's congressional delegation who say the school and agency have fumbled a chance to make Oregon a hemp leader.
- Gov. replaces human services chief amid foster care turmoil Updated: Nov-05-15 12:45 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown on Wednesday announced a leadership change and independent review of the Oregon Department of Human Services.
- Oregon state trooper settles lawsuit with Eugene for $50,000 Updated: Oct-30-15 6:11 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A state trooper will receive $50,000 in a settlement with the city of Eugene over his arrest during an Oregon Ducks football game.
- Police recruits stumble on fitness, background checks Updated: Oct-27-15 11:06 am
SALEM, Oregon - For Oregon's police agencies and correctional facilities, finding new officers is becoming increasingly difficult. Scores of applicants are failing required background checks, psychological assessments and physical fitness tests.
- Police arrest 2 Texas men in killing near Oregon boat ramp Updated: Oct-26-15 4:59 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police arrested two Texas men and are looking for a third in the shooting death of a man near a southern Oregon boat ramp.