- Hanaway urges stricter penalty for sale of fetal organs Updated: Jul-28-15 7:32 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Republican candidate for Missouri governor Catherine Hanaway during an anti-abortion rally Tuesday said the penalty for selling aborted fetus remains should be a felony, not a misdemeanor.
- Nixon sets special election to fill Missouri House vacancies Updated: Jul-28-15 4:34 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Special elections have been scheduled to replace three Missouri lawmakers who resigned.
- Missouri patrol says accidents, drownings increased Updated: Jul-28-15 7:28 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol says more people have drowned already in the state this year than in all of 2014.
- 5-year-old Missouri boy drowns after kayak accident Updated: Jul-26-15 12:58 pm
NEOSHO, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol says a 5-year-old boy drowned in a creek in Newton County, becoming the third drowning victim in the creek in two days.
- Missouri governor's race no mirror of White House contest Updated: Jul-26-15 12:14 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A well-known and well-funded Democrat, opposite a field loaded with an array of Republican candidates. The contest to become Missouri's next governor may seem similar to the White House race, but experts say important differences will affect it.
- Parson dropping Missouri governor's bid to seek No. 2 post Updated: Jul-25-15 7:37 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's crowded Republican primary for governor shrunk by one Saturday, as state Sen. Mike Parson dropped out and announced that he instead will seek the state's No. 2 post of lieutenant governor.
- Missouri legislator accused by interns submits resignation Updated: Jul-25-15 2:47 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota submitted his resignation following allegations that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns, claims that the Democrat denied but that prompted party leaders to question his ability to serve.
- Missouri legislator accused by interns submits resignation Updated: Jul-25-15 12:11 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota submitted his resignation Friday following allegations that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns, claims that the Democrat denied but that prompted party leaders to question his ability to serve.
- Missouri lawmaker's aide accused of choking woman Updated: Jul-24-15 12:37 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker's legislative aide was charged with domestic assault this week after a woman claimed he placed a chemical-smelling rag to her nose and mouth, then choked her until she lost consciousness.
- GOP attorney Hawley to run for Missouri attorney general Updated: Jul-23-15 7:32 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Republican attorney and University of Missouri School of Law associate professor Josh Hawley announced plans Thursday to run for state attorney general.
- McCaskill weighs in on Missouri senator's alleged harassment Updated: Jul-23-15 7:31 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill says Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota needs to "seriously consider" whether he can continue to serve after claims that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns.
- Nixon: Claims against Missouri lawmaker 'deeply troubling' Updated: Jul-23-15 5:07 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon has called two former interns' claims that state Sen. Paul LeVota made unwanted sexual advances toward them "deeply troubling."
- Missouri Senate to review new claims against LeVota Updated: Jul-23-15 4:59 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate will conduct a review of a second former intern's claims that Sen. Paul LeVota made sexual advances toward her.
- Missouri Senate report: Intern claims sexual harassment Updated: Jul-22-15 7:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A former Missouri legislative intern claims a Democratic state senator sexually harassed her, made what she felt was a request for sex and retaliated when she refused, according to a Senate report released Wednesday. The lawmaker denied any inappropriate behavior.
- Missouri Sen. LeVota denies sexual harassment claims Updated: Jul-22-15 4:24 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota says allegations that he sexually harassed an intern are unfounded.
- Missouri Senate announces third Planned Parenthood review Updated: Jul-21-15 2:14 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's Republican-led Senate will conduct what now is the third investigation of Missouri's only abortion center.
- Recent Missouri Editorials Updated: Jul-21-15 8:05 am
The Kansas City Star, July 16
- Republicans ask Missouri governor to arm National Guard Updated: Jul-20-15 8:25 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Republican lawmakers are calling on Democratic Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon to arm the state National Guard after a recent attack on two Tennessee military facilities left five soldiers dead.
- Appeals court reverses lower court on Missouri lawmaker case Updated: Jul-20-15 6:49 pm
ST. LOUIS - A federal appeals panel has reversed a lower court's rejection of a challenge to the Affordable Care Act brought by a Missouri lawmaker fighting required birth control coverage in his state-sponsored insurance plan.
- Republican Sen. Dixon enters race for Missouri governor Updated: Jul-20-15 4:55 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - State Sen. Bob Dixon joined four other announced Republican candidates vying for Missouri governor in 2016, touting his Christian faith and conservative views during an announcement Monday on the front porch of his Springfield home.
- Fatalities up, seat belts decrease in 2015 in NW Missouri Updated: Jul-19-15 7:42 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Northwest Missouri has seen a rise in fatal wrecks, and authorities are alarmed because most of the victims weren't wearing seat belts.
- Teenager drowns at popular swimming spot in eastern Missouri Updated: Jul-19-15 1:50 pm
MINE LA MOTTE, Missouri - Authorities say an 18-year-old man has drowned at the popular "Offsets" recreation area in eastern Missouri.
- Source: LeVota subject of intern's sexual harassment claim Updated: Jul-17-15 9:01 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate reviewed a sexual harassment complaint against Sen. Paul LeVota after two college students abruptly left their internships at his office, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Friday.
- Missouri sues federal agency over crop insurance reports Updated: Jul-16-15 5:42 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri is suing the U.S. agriculture secretary for not extending the deadline for some farmers to file reports needed for crop insurance.
- Authorities: Missing teen indicated he was running away Updated: Jul-16-15 4:33 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities in southern Missouri searching a wooded area for a 13-year-old boy with autism who went missing a week ago said Thursday that the teen indicated to a relative that he doesn't want to be found.