- 5 things to know about Group C of Champions League Updated: Dec-09-13 11:15 am
- 5 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Dec-08-13 7:12 pm
- Monaco beats Ajaccio 1-0 in French league Updated: Dec-08-13 5:45 pm
- PSG grateful for chance to rebound quick from loss Updated: Dec-05-13 9:23 am
- AP soccer poll honors: Gareth Bale, Arsenal Updated: Dec-03-13 11:50 am
- Bale top player, Arsenal 1st in AP football poll Updated: Dec-03-13 11:04 am
- Real, Man United, PSG advance in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 6:11 pm
- Blanc wants players to focus better on defending Updated: Nov-26-13 10:27 am
- Juventus, Real Madrid tied as top team in AP poll Updated: Nov-12-13 12:16 pm
- Deschamps fears Ukraine's wingers in WCup playoff Updated: Nov-12-13 8:39 am
PARIS - Here are five things to know ahead of Tuesday's Group C matches in the Champions League, with leader Paris Saint-Germain visiting Benfica and Olympiakos hosting bottom-placed Anderlecht:
LONDON - Half of the last 16 places in the knockout stage of the Champions League are still up for grabs and will be decided this week after the final group games. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain reached the knockout phase in the last round of games, joining defending champion Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.
PARIS - Monaco beat lowly Ajaccio 1-0 Sunday with a late goal from Emmanuel Riviere to climb to second place in the French league, two points behind leader Paris Saint-Germain.
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain is eager not to make losing a new habit.
LONDON - Gareth Bale took first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll Tuesday after scoring his first hat trick for Real Madrid.
LONDON - Nine-time winner Real Madrid qualified for the Champions League's last 16 alongside Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday, while Juventus kept alive its chances of reaching the knockout stages.
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc has challenged his players to show they can become just as mean in defense as they are prolific in attack.
PARIS - Ukraine's attacking players are in good form ahead of the first leg of their World Cup qualifying playoff against France on Friday.