- Weaver struggles again in Angels' 5-0 loss to Giants Updated: May-03-15 7:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jered Weaver had hoped to get his season back on track after stumbling through his first five starts.
- Giants beat Angels 5-0 behind Lincecum for 3-game sweep Updated: May-03-15 7:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Lincecum's fastball averages about 89 mph this season, down from 93-95 mph when he won consecutive NL Cy Young Awards in 2008 and '09.
- Smith upset over glove, self in Angels loss Updated: May-02-15 3:12 am
- Vogelsong gives up 4 HRs in Giants' 7-3 loss to Dodgers Updated: Apr-30-15 3:05 am
LOS ANGELES - Ryan Vogelsong gave up home runs to four of his first 11 batters - three of them in the first inning - in a ballpark that is usually very stingy when it comes to yielding the long ball.
- Dodgers hit 4 HRs off Vogelsong in 7-3 win over Giants Updated: Apr-30-15 2:26 am
LOS ANGELES - Home runs are difficult to hit at Dodger Stadium at night because of the marine layer hanging over the ballpark. The home team didn't have much trouble hitting them out against Ryan Vogelsong on Wednesday night, however.
- Kershaw, Dodgers lose 2-1 to Bumgarner and Giants Updated: Apr-29-15 3:09 am
- Giants-Rockies game postponed by rain Updated: Apr-26-15 5:33 pm
DENVER - Right-hander Bill Swift's arm was all warmed up and ready to throw out the ceremonial first pitch Sunday.
- Giants beat Rockies 5-4 in 11 innings Updated: Apr-26-15 1:32 am
DENVER - Moments after scoring the winning run for the Giants, Nori Aoki was in the middle of a playful clubhouse celebration in which he was presented with his AL championship ring from his time last season with the Kansas City Royals, the team San Francisco beat in the World Series.
- Maxwell hits winning single in 10th, Giants sweep Dodgers Updated: Apr-23-15 7:33 pm
- Home run king Barry Bonds' legacy might always be tarnished Updated: Apr-23-15 4:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - For the first time in more than a decade, Barry Bonds is in the clear.
- Panik hits game-ending sacrifice fly, Giants beat Dodgers Updated: Apr-23-15 2:47 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A pair of important wins against one of baseball's hottest teams is exactly what Giants manager Bruce Bochy is counting on to help get his club back on track from a rough start.
- San Francisco set to strike chewing tobacco from ballparks Updated: Apr-21-15 9:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The home of the San Francisco Giants may become the first city in the nation to outlaw chewing tobacco from its playing fields.
- Goldschmidt leads Diamondbacks past Giants 5-1 Updated: Apr-19-15 8:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - After a last-place finish a year ago, the Arizona Diamondbacks will take solace in any small positives to start this season. A winning trip and series victory against the defending World Series champions sure counts as one.
- Giants presented championship rings Updated: Apr-18-15 9:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The championship banner fell out of the sky, accompanied by a skydiver, and the San Francisco Giants pregame ring ceremony began with a flourish Saturday.
- Injured giants fan throws out first ball in San Jose Updated: Apr-17-15 2:40 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A San Francisco Giants fan who was brutally beaten outside Dodger Stadium in 2011 has thrown the first pitch for the San Jose Giants home opener.
- Bass returns to Japan to mark Hanshin anniversary Updated: Apr-17-15 4:44 am
OSAKA, Japan - Former Japanese league baseball star Randy Bass returned to his old team on Friday to mark the 30-year anniversary of one of its biggest moments on the diamond.
- Beaten Giants fan to throw first pitch for farm team opener Updated: Apr-16-15 1:08 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A Giants fan who was brutally beaten and placed in a wheelchair outside Dodger Stadium in 2011 will throw the first pitch at the San Jose Giants home opener tonight.
- First-place Rockies complete sweep of struggling Giants Updated: Apr-16-15 2:15 am
SAN FRANCISCO - As if this week couldn't get much better for Colorado's Nolan Arenado, he now gets to head home to Orange County and spend his 24th birthday Thursday eating some home cooking by his mother, Millie.
- Giants Affeldt will listen to children about baseball future Updated: Apr-16-15 12:36 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jeremy Affeldt will take his three children into account when it comes to making a decision on whether he keeps pitching beyond this season.
- Rockies beat Giants to spoil San Francisco's home opener Updated: Apr-13-15 9:20 pm
- Nieves' grand slam off Peavy helps Padres to 6-4 victory Updated: Apr-12-15 8:59 pm
- Giants beat Arizona 5-2 for Heston's first big league win Updated: Apr-09-15 1:53 am
PHOENIX - Chris Heston plunked the first batter he faced and compounded it by throwing the ball into right field while trying to pick him off. The two-base error led to a run, not exactly the start a pitcher going for his first big league win wanted.
- Matt Cain put on disabled list by banged-up Giants Updated: Apr-08-15 3:39 am
PHOENIX - Two games into the season, the World Series champion San Francisco Giants are beset by injuries to several key players.
- Giants' Belt leaves game with leg injury Updated: Apr-07-15 11:32 pm
PHOENIX - San Francisco first baseman Brandon Belt left the Giants' game against Arizona on Tuesday night with a strained groin, replaced with one out in the bottom of the fourth inning by Joaquin Arias.
- Hall of Fame Giants broadcaster Lon Simmons dies at 91 Updated: Apr-05-15 11:09 pm