- Army drops AWOL case against JBLM Ranger Updated: Oct-08-15 6:15 am
TACOMA, Washington - The Army has dismissed a desertion case against a veteran Joint Base Lewis-McChord Army Ranger who spent more than a year in jail after military police illegally searched his Tacoma apartment.
- Ex-Army Corps spokesman pleads guilty to child pornography charges Updated: Oct-07-15 3:20 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - A Winchester man has pleaded guilty to child pornography charges.
- Storm caused severe erosion to many New Jersey beaches Updated: Oct-05-15 6:14 pm
BAY HEAD, New Jersey - Days of gusting wind and pounding surf have caused severe beach erosion in many spots along the New Jersey shore.
- Army: Parachutist death at Chicago air show was accidental Updated: Oct-02-15 4:30 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Officials have concluded that the death of a member of the Army's elite parachute team during a Chicago air show was accidental, and performances are resuming.
- Army agrees to end Holston River pollution by mid-2020 Updated: Oct-02-15 2:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The U.S. Army has agreed to a July 2020 deadline for reducing pollution from a Kingsport ammunition plant to safe levels.
- Officials propose canal project for Waikiki flood prevention Updated: Oct-02-15 7:35 am
HONOLULU - As part of a plan to help prevent flooding in Waikiki, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is proposing to change the Ala Wai Canal.
- Authorities: Man arrested in Detroit for 1990 base shooting Updated: Oct-02-15 2:50 am
DETROIT - Authorities say a man wanted for a 1990 shooting on an Army base in Colorado has been captured in Detroit.
- Q&A: Things to know about the deadly Seattle duck boat crash Updated: Sep-28-15 11:08 am
SEATTLE - Federal officials are investigating a deadly crash last week between an amphibious tour vehicle and a charter bus carrying international college students in Seattle. Here are questions and answers about the collision and the National Transportation Safety Board investigation.
- Iraq's stalemate in Ramadi raises doubts about US strategy Updated: Sep-26-15 11:43 am
WASHINGTON - A summer of stalemate in the effort to reclaim the Iraqi provincial capital of Ramadi, despite U.S.-backed Iraqi troops vastly outnumbering Islamic State fighters, calls into question not only Iraq's ability to win a test of wills over key territory but also the future direction of Washington's approach to defeating the extremist group.
- Texas son of Army doctor gets 10 years on terrorism charge Updated: Sep-25-15 4:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A man who pleaded guilty to charges that he recruited terrorists while he was a top student at the University of Texas has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Sen. Heinrich asks for audit of Army National Guard bonuses Updated: Sep-24-15 3:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - U.S. Sen. Martin Heinrich is calling on the Army National Guard to conduct an audit of bonuses for men and women who recently re-enlisted.
- Congressman seeks Ranger School records after women graduate Updated: Sep-23-15 11:35 am
COLUMBUS, Georgia - An Oklahoma congressman is seeking training records from the Army Ranger School at Georgia's Fort Benning, where two soldiers made history last month by becoming the first females to graduate.
- Army loses 17-14 to Wake Forest on last-second kick Updated: Sep-19-15 6:00 pm
WEST POINT, New York - For the third straight game, Army was poised for a victory. For the third straight time, the Black Knights failed.
- Wake Forest beats Army 17-14 as time expires Updated: Sep-19-15 5:03 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Kendall Hinton was ready for his big chance and he delivered.
- ND Guard's 188th Army Band performing in West Fargo Updated: Sep-19-15 4:51 pm
WEST FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota National Guard's 188th Army Band is performing a free concert Saturday afternoon.
- ND Guard promoting SD native to brigadier general Updated: Sep-19-15 10:57 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Army National Guard will promote Col. Robert A. Fode of Bismarck to brigadier general on Sunday.
- Obama pick for Army would be first openly gay service chief Updated: Sep-18-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said Friday that he will nominate longtime Pentagon official Eric Fanning to be the Army's new secretary. If confirmed, Fanning would be the nation's first openly gay leader of a military service.
- The Latest: Bergdahl hearing ends; atty calls it 1-day AWOL Updated: Sep-18-15 4:57 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The latest on the hearing to determine if Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl should face a court-martial on desertion and other charges for leaving his post in Afghanistan six years ago. All times are local.
- New off-base Army media clinic opened in Fayetteville area Updated: Sep-16-15 8:52 am
SPOUT SPRINGS, North Carolina - A new medical clinic to serve soldiers and their families at Fort Bragg has opened outside the post.
- Senate candidate in Virginia misstates military record Updated: Sep-15-15 3:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Democrat running for the state Senate says he thought he was still in the U.S. Army Reserve, but it turns out he hasn't been in the military since he was discharged in 2001.
- Charleston Harbor deepening approved by Army Corps Updated: Sep-14-15 5:22 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Army Corps of Engineers has given its approval to deepening the Charleston Harbor shipping channel.
- Hangar used in Army's experiment with balloons gets makeover Updated: Sep-12-15 6:50 pm
SAUSALITO, California - A military hangar once used to house gigantic, tethered balloons during the U.S. Army's brief experiments to determine how they might be used to supplement the nation's coastal defense system is getting a makeover.
- Probe of military labs expands to plague, encephalitis Updated: Sep-10-15 4:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding its investigation into possible mishandling and improper shipment by Defense Department laboratories of organisms that cause deadly diseases, including plague and encephalitis, U.S. officials said Thursday.