- State budget plan includes $234 million for raises Updated: Mar-11-14 7:25 pm
- Clarification: Prevailing Wage story Updated: Mar-11-14 6:21 pm
- House panel advances local sales tax bill Updated: Mar-11-14 6:02 pm
- Bill would raise Ky.'s motor fuels tax rate Updated: Mar-11-14 5:25 pm
- Kentucky House panel OKs tighter insurance laws Updated: Mar-11-14 12:55 pm
- House OKs bills to extend employer tax incentives Updated: Mar-10-14 9:14 pm
- Bill aims to keep minors away from tanning beds Updated: Mar-10-14 9:08 pm
- House budget plan seeks new roles for Ag Dept. Updated: Mar-10-14 8:22 pm
- House budget would let schools forgive 10 days Updated: Mar-10-14 7:23 pm
- Kentucky smoking ban bill is dead, sponsor says Updated: Mar-06-14 8:13 pm
- Senate OKs keeping e-cigarettes away from minors Updated: Mar-06-14 5:29 pm
- Bill would let Paul run for 2 offices at same time Updated: Mar-06-14 4:43 pm
- Ky. panel OKs allowing public-private partnerships Updated: Mar-06-14 12:40 pm
- Senate proposal would reduce legislative sessions Updated: Mar-05-14 7:13 pm
- Gay-rights bill gets hearing from Ky. House panel Updated: Mar-05-14 2:53 pm
- Contractor bill clears Kentucky Senate Updated: Mar-04-14 8:27 pm
- Snow, sleet hits across Kentucky Updated: Mar-03-14 12:47 pm
- Ky. legislature calls off Monday session Updated: Mar-03-14 11:07 am
- GOP seeks to eliminate state treasurer's office Updated: Mar-02-14 11:53 am
- Bill seeks to restrict cellphones in school zones Updated: Feb-28-14 5:31 pm
- Ky. House passes temp concealed carry for victims Updated: Feb-28-14 3:19 pm
- Medical marijuana bill clears Kentucky House panel Updated: Feb-27-14 5:16 pm
- McConnell focuses on coal in new campaign ad Updated: Feb-27-14 1:17 pm
- Ky. Senate panel OKs trial use of cannabis oil Updated: Feb-26-14 4:24 pm
- Kentucky Senate OKs Cabinet change Updated: Feb-25-14 9:01 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The proposed Kentucky state budget includes $234 million to give raises to more than 136,000 state workers.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - In a story March 6, The Associated Press reported that the state's prevailing wage law requires governments in Kentucky to pay union scale wages on construction projects. The story should have noted that the prevailing wage may not always be based on union wages, as it is established in some localities by holding hearings to determine the prevailing wage being paid to various workers in those areas.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Hardin County leaders worry that if they can woo a major manufacturer to a 1,500-acre site near Fort Knox, the cash-strapped state government won't be able to help with infrastructure improvements needed to finish the deal.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's motor fuels tax would rise under a bill advanced Tuesday by a key House committee, which endorsed restoring a higher rate in place last year to generate more revenue for transportation projects statewide.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky House panel says when it comes to letting your vehicle insurance lapse, one strike and you're out.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House lawmakers agreed on Monday to extend state tax incentives aimed at spurring new expansion projects by General Electric and AK Steel, two key employers in the state.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky House has passed a measure aimed at blocking minors from using tanning beds.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer's agency would be assigned new oversight duties that include diabetes education and energy efficiency as part of a proposed House budget outlined Monday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Since Christmas, Lawrence County public school students have attended school only 15 days due to severe winter weather, putting pressure on educators to meet state-mandated attendance requirements while also allowing students a summer vacation.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky House bill that would enact a statewide ban on smoking in shared public spaces and places of employment is dead for the year after meeting strong opposition, the sponsor says.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill that would ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill introduced in the Kentucky legislature is aimed at ensuring U.S. Sen. Rand Paul can appear twice on Kentucky's ballot if he runs for president and another Senate term in 2016.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill backed by influential business groups that would allow state and local governments in Kentucky to partner with private sources for projects ranging from roads and sewer lines to college dorms won approval from a House committee Thursday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Senate's top leader Wednesday proposed reducing the number of days lawmakers meet each year, saying it would save millions of dollars each year and entice a broader range of people to run for the General Assembly.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A former police officer who claims he lost his job because of his sexual orientation joined gay-rights advocates Wednesday in urging Kentucky lawmakers to protect homosexuals and bisexuals from discrimination in the workplace, in public places and housing.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill that would allow a greater number of employees to be legally classified as independent contractors has passed the Kentucky Senate.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Icy roads and snow accumulations closed schools and government offices across Kentucky on Monday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky lawmakers have canceled their Monday session due to the winter storm.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Targeting a Democratic stronghold, the Republican-controlled Kentucky Senate wants to send voters a constitutional amendment to abolish the position of state treasurer, a job that has existed since its creation in the state constitution in 1792.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky House took aim at distracted motorists Friday, passing a bill that would stiffen fines for texting while driving and restrict on-the-road cellphone use in school and construction zones.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Domestic violence victims in Kentucky could gain quick access to temporary concealed weapons permits under a bill that passed the House after emotional debate Friday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A measure to legalize medical marijuana in Kentucky passed a House committee Thursday, but whether the issue will come up for a vote in front of the full House was unclear.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell's campaign is releasing a new TV ad focused on coal.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill aimed at allowing trial use of cannabis oil for severe childhood seizures gained momentum Wednesday, clearing a Kentucky Senate committee that heard emotional pleas from parents wanting the treatment for their children.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State lawmakers' influence over the governor's Cabinet for Health and Family Services would increase under a bill passed by the Kentucky Senate on Tuesday.