- Democrats win Senate seat; GOP leads in House race Updated: Dec-10-13 10:05 pm
- Lawmaker urging tougher law for heroin dealing Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- US Chamber of Commerce promotes McConnell in TV ad Updated: Dec-02-13 1:19 pm
- Former Ky. lawmaker, Callahan, dies at 74 Updated: Dec-02-13 11:35 am
- 90-year-old Gurley Martin files for US Senate Updated: Nov-29-13 3:49 am
- Grimes picks up key endorsement in Senate race Updated: Nov-26-13 2:23 pm
- Grimes calls for additional child care tax breaks Updated: Nov-22-13 3:31 pm
- Grimes pledges support for jobs plan for veterans Updated: Nov-21-13 3:23 pm
- Casinos may be issue again for Ky. Legislature Updated: Nov-20-13 4:36 pm
- Grimes accused of exploiting 'Obama Girl' tweet Updated: Nov-20-13 2:58 pm
- GOP tweets altered image of Grimes as 'Obama Girl' Updated: Nov-19-13 5:52 pm
- Paul calls Bevin 'good, honest, Christian man' Updated: Nov-15-13 4:27 pm
- Old guard Republican endorses Bevin for Senate Updated: Nov-12-13 11:39 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democrats held on to a seat in the Kentucky Senate on Tuesday while Republicans were leading in a House race in two legislative matchups that drew light voter participation.
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky legislator is calling for tougher jail penalties for heroin dealing, but treatment advocates argued that harsher criminal punishments don't help with the problem of addiction.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce will spend more than $180,000 to run a TV ad across Kentucky over the next 10 days promoting Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell as a champion for the state's coal industry.
WILDER, Kentucky - Jim Callahan, who served as a state representative for northern Kentucky's 67th District for 18 years until his retirement in 2004, has died. He was 74.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Ninety-year-old Gurley Martin has filed candidacy papers to run for U.S. Senate in Kentucky.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A national advocate for pay equality for women has endorsed Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes for U.S. Senate.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, pushing to make gender an issue in Kentucky's U.S. Senate race, called Friday for additional tax breaks for businesses that provide on-site child care services for working women.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes has pledged her support for a move in the U.S. Senate to make tax credits permanent for businesses that hire military veterans.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Louisville Democrat has drafted legislation calling for a constitutional amendment to allow three stand-alone casinos, plus five others at horse tracks.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republicans accused Democrat Alison Grimes on Wednesday of exploiting an "offensive" GOP tweet in an effort to avoid bigger issues in her bid to unseat Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The National Republican Senatorial Committee took disciplinary action Tuesday against a junior staffer who tweeted an "extremely offensive" photo-shopped image of Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Tea party darling Rand Paul endorsed Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell long ago, but that didn't stop him Friday from sharing kind words about McConnell's GOP primary challenger, Louisville businessman Matt Bevin.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Old guard Republican Larry Forgy has endorsed Louisville businessman Matt Bevin ahead of next May's primary.