- Small plane crashes at Va. airport, pilot unhurt Updated: Apr-08-14 3:27 pm
- Va. trooper, woman, 2 children injured in wreck Updated: Apr-08-14 6:42 am
- Va. sees sharp increase in heroin deaths Updated: Apr-05-14 10:46 am
- Correction: Senator Assaulted story Updated: Mar-28-14 11:08 am
- 1 dead after shuttle bus crash on I-95; man held Updated: Mar-23-14 6:28 pm
- Va joins campaign to reduce highway fatalities Updated: Mar-21-14 2:34 am
- 3 troopers struck during winter weather in Va. Updated: Mar-19-14 2:49 am
- Va. troopers respond to 745 wrecks during storm Updated: Mar-18-14 9:35 am
LEESBURG, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a pilot escaped injury when his small plane crashed at an airport in Leesburg.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia State Police are investigating a collision between a trooper's cruiser and a minivan that occurred as the officer was pursuing another vehicle.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Some states, including Virginia, are reporting a rise in heroin use as many addicts shift from more costly and harder-to-get prescription opiates to this cheaper alternative. A look at what's happening in Virginia:
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - In a story March 26 about a report on an attack on a Virginia state senator by his son, The Associated Press reported erroneously the surname of the executive director of the Virginia Coalition for Open Government. Her name is Megan Rhyne, not Rhyme.
WASHINGTON - A shuttle bus transporting a group back from a birthday party collided with a car and overturned before dawn Sunday along a highway south of the nation's capital, leaving one person dead and sending 16 others to the hospital, Virginia State Police said.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia State Police is joining other state and federal agencies in a campaign to reduce highway fatalities.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia State Police is urging drivers to slow down during bad weather after three troopers were struck by out-of-control motorists.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A winter storm kept Virginia troopers busy responding to motor vehicle accidents across the state.