- Rested Sharks ready to face rolling Predators in 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 4:40 pm
- Sharks wait a little longer to find out 2nd-round opponent Updated: Apr-26-16 5:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks are happy to wait a little longer before finding out their second-round playoff opponent.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Sharks score 3 power-play goals to beat Kings 3-2 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - Given another chance to win a playoff game with their power play, the San Jose Sharks did just that by getting goals instead of just generating chances.
- Rats, Octopi and sharks! NHL needs pest control for playoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rats! And Octopi. Even a lifeless shark.
- Sharks look to bring road success back home against Kings Updated: Apr-18-16 2:28 am
SAN JOSE, California - The playoffs started the way much of this season has gone for the San Jose Sharks: a successful road trip where structured defense, strong goaltending and solid all-around play led to two straight wins in Los Angeles.
- Sharks tab Martin Jones as Game 1 starter in goal Updated: Apr-12-16 4:25 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Martin Jones spent a Stanley Cup run as Jonathan Quick's backup in Los Angeles learning what it takes to thrive as a starting goaltender in the playoffs.
- Ducks beat Capitals, clinch Pacific Division Updated: Apr-10-16 11:37 pm
WASHINGTON - When the Anaheim Ducks lost nine of their first 10 games, making the playoffs looked like an uphill climb. Now they're Pacific Division champions for the fourth consecutive year.
- Byfuglien scores late to give Jets 5-4 victory over Sharks Updated: Apr-08-16 2:06 am
SAN JOSE, California - Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice was in no mood to acknowledge the consolation of a season-best three-game winning streak with his team eliminated from the playoffs.
- Reimer makes 29 saves, Sharks beat Wild 3-0 Updated: Apr-05-16 11:47 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The San Jose Sharks got to celebrate a franchise record for road wins following a 3-0 victory at Minnesota on Tuesday night.
- Couture lifts Sharks to 3-2 shootout win over Predators Updated: Apr-03-16 12:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A two-goal deficit in the third period wasn't too much to overcome for one of the NHL's best road teams.
- Hansen helps Canucks snap 9-game skid with 4-2 win vs Sharks Updated: Apr-01-16 2:04 am
SAN JOSE, California - Another home loss by San Jose means the Sharks will almost assuredly start the postseason on the road.
- NHL suspends Canucks Virtanen 2 games for blindside check Updated: Mar-30-16 4:50 pm