- Arkansas Legislature gives final OK to budget bill Updated: Mar-12-14 2:02 pm
- Lane of I-30 bridge in Little Rock to be closed Updated: Mar-12-14 3:20 am
- Highway commissioners discuss winter storm woes Updated: Mar-11-14 5:59 pm
- Ark. highway director says more resources needed Updated: Mar-11-14 1:47 pm
- Beebe signs into law 'private option' plan Updated: Mar-07-14 10:53 am
- Ark. lawmakers get first look at budget bill Updated: Mar-06-14 10:25 pm
- Hearing set on Arkansas response to winter storm Updated: Mar-06-14 1:37 pm
- Arkansas officials eye changes to Medicaid plan Updated: Mar-05-14 6:28 pm
- Ark. legislative panel passes sand tax exemption Updated: Mar-05-14 1:17 pm
- Arkansas House votes 76-24 for private option Updated: Mar-04-14 5:59 pm
- Motorists stranded on icy eastern Arkansas roads Updated: Mar-04-14 3:47 pm
- Arkansas filing period ends; GOP leads Senate Updated: Mar-03-14 9:06 pm
- Alabama House to debate stringent abortion ban Updated: Mar-03-14 7:41 pm
- Ark. candidate legally changes name to 'Colonel' Updated: Mar-03-14 2:49 pm
- Candidates who filed for office in Arkansas Updated: Mar-03-14 2:18 pm
- Arkansas county election panel to file lawsuit Updated: Mar-02-14 3:52 pm
- 2 states on different paths with US Highway 82 Updated: Mar-02-14 12:04 pm
- Ark. gov. OKs bill to keep Lt. Gov. office vacant Updated: Feb-28-14 11:33 am
- Lawmakers OK bill keeping Ark. lt. gov office open Updated: Feb-27-14 3:01 pm
- 2 file paperwork for Ark. attorney general's race Updated: Feb-27-14 2:42 pm
- Drug firms argue against $1.2B Arkansas judgment Updated: Feb-27-14 2:40 pm
- State police: Toddler killed in Phillips Co. crash Updated: Feb-27-14 9:04 am
- Only Green Party lawmaker to run as Democrat Updated: Feb-26-14 10:08 pm
- Candidates file official bids for Ark. treasurer Updated: Feb-26-14 6:06 pm
- Bids opened for next phase of Bella Vista Bypass Updated: Feb-26-14 2:10 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Giving final approval to a $5 billion budget for the coming year, Arkansas lawmakers wrapped up a session Wednesday that focused on the fight to reauthorize a compromise Medicaid expansion that is extending health coverage to nearly 98,000 people.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says light maintenance work will result in the closing of an eastbound lane of the Interstate 30 bridge over the Arkansas River in Little Rock.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Highway Commission members have met to discuss the problems the agency faced when a winter storm left roads icy and motorists stranded for hours on ice interstates in eastern Arkansas.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department Director Scott Bennett says more equipment and employees are needed for highway officials to improve their response to winter weather conditions.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Mike Beebe has signed into law a measure reauthorizing Arkansas' compromise Medicaid expansion for another year.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Legislation outlining Arkansas' $5 billion budget for the coming year calls for boosts in funding for the state's public schools and prisons.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas legislators are set to discuss highway officials' response to a winter storm that left drivers stranded on icy Arkansas interstates earlier this week.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - With Arkansas' model plan to use Medicaid funds to purchase private insurance for the poor spared for another year, backers of the nationally watched program are now focusing on changes that will be needed to keep it alive in the future.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas legislative panel has endorsed a measure exempting sales tax collection on the sand used in the drilling of oil and natural gas.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas House voted 76-24 to authorize funding for the state's compromise Medicaid expansion plan known as the private option. The bill, Senate Bill 111, needed the support of 75 House members. A yes vote is in favor of reauthorizing the private option plan.
WEST MEMPHIS, Arkansas - Drivers were stranded overnight behind jackknifed tractor-trailers and stalled passenger cars on icy roads, and the slippery conditions made cleanup dangerous Tuesday.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' political filing season ended Monday, and with Republicans' firm grip on the state Senate, Democrats are hoping to win back the House.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama House is set to debate four abortion bills Tuesday, including a "fetal heartbeat" measure that supporters and opponents agree will likely face an immediate court challenge if it becomes law - and in some ways that's exactly what proponents want.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Unable to use his military title on the ballot four years ago, a retired Army colonel running for Congress in Arkansas has found a simple way around a state law that prohibits him from displaying the designation as a candidate.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Monday marked the end of the one-week filing period for state and federal office in Arkansas. Here are candidates who filed for statewide and congressional office by Monday's deadline. Candidates with an (i) next to their names are incumbents.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Pulaski County Election Commission has voted to file a lawsuit over changes to absentee ballot-counting procedures that the group says conflict with guidance from the Arkansas attorney general's office on the state's new voter-identification law.
GREENVILLE, Mississippi - The sign to the east of the Greenville Bridge is unambiguous: road closed.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A spokesman says Gov. Mike Beebe won't call a special election to replace Lt. Gov. Mark Darr after signing legislation aimed at keeping the state's No. 2 constitutional office vacant for the rest of the year.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas House has approved a measure that keeps the lieutenant governor's office vacant until the general election in November.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Democrat and a Republican have formally filed paperwork to run for Arkansas attorney general.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A lawyer for two pharmaceutical companies argued Thursday that the Arkansas Supreme Court should reverse a $1.2 billion judgment because the trial judge improperly applied a law in the state's lawsuit over improper marketing of the antipsychotic drug Risperdal.
LAKE VIEW, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say a 2-year-old girl was killed when the vehicle she was riding in left the road and crashed into a tree.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The state's sole Green Party lawmaker filed for re-election as a Democrat on Wednesday, saying he had changed since the Democratic Party sued to keep him off the ballot and wanted to return to the political party with which he has long identified.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas lawmaker and a Hot Springs accountant have officially entered the race for the state treasurer's office.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Construction of a portion of the planned Bella Vista Bypass is the first project to be funded under a sales tax increase approved by Arkansas voters in 2012.