- Officers rescue girl in Arkansas human trafficking case Updated: May-04-15 5:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say troopers and civilian investigators with its Crimes Against Children Division have rescued a 15-year-old girl trapped in a human trafficking operation.
- US Attorney Conner Eldridge named to advisory committee Updated: Apr-30-15 1:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas is one of six new members named to the U.S. Attorney General's Advisory Committee.
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals defers gay marriage cases Updated: Apr-29-15 7:56 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has deferred arguments and a decision on four same-sex marriage cases until the U.S. Supreme Court rules on the issue.
- I-30 plan lists potential displacements of 19 properties Updated: Apr-28-15 5:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas transportation officials have identified 19 residential and commercial properties that could be in the way of a $450 million proposed redesign of Interstate 30 near downtown Little Rock.
- Trooper: Arkansas motorcyclist dies after crash Updated: Apr-27-15 8:13 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Police say a motorcyclist has died after losing control of his vehicle.
- Arkansas AG announces program for military, rural residents Updated: Apr-25-15 2:59 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Arkansas' attorney general said Saturday that her office will launch a new program to provide services for members of the military and also set up a "mobile offices" program that will make her employees available in county seats statewide.
- Conway man killed in Faulkner County head-on collision Updated: Apr-24-15 6:17 am
GREENBRIER, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say a Conway man was killed and two others were injured in a head-on collision in Faulkner County.
- DNC Chairwoman says party can rebound in Arkansas Updated: Apr-24-15 12:37 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Focusing on issues important to working families will help Democrats in Arkansas as they try to rebound from a Republican sweep in last year's midterm election, the party's national chairwoman said Thursday night.
- Correction: Oil Leak-Arkansas story Updated: Apr-23-15 4:15 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - In a story April 22 about a settlement involving an Arkansas oil spill, The Associated Press misspelled the last name of an Exxon Mobil Corp. spokesman. His name is Christian Flathman, not Christian Flatham. The AP also erroneously reported that the estimated amount of spilled oil was reduced as part of the settlement. That estimate was reduced before the settlement was reached.
- Standridge sworn in to Arkansas state Senate seat Updated: Apr-22-15 12:39 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Russellville businessman has been sworn in as the Arkansas Senate's 35th member, filling the vacancy created by a lawmaker who resigned to work for Gov. Asa Hutchinson.
- Arkansas Senate votes to allow president to seek 2nd term Updated: Apr-22-15 12:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Senate has changed its rules to allow the chamber's president to seek a second term.
- Arkansas lawmakers OK $5 fee for each driver test taken Updated: Apr-22-15 11:58 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas lawmakers have voted to require a $5 fee be charged to drivers each time they take the written examination for their license.
- Arkansas lawmakers formally end 2015 legislative session Updated: Apr-22-15 11:47 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas lawmakers have formally ended this year's legislative session, but face the possibility of returning later during the year to address the future of the state's compromise Medicaid expansion.
- Little Rock approves anti-discrimination protections Updated: Apr-21-15 10:05 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Little Rock officials voted Tuesday to prohibit the city and companies contracting with it from discriminating based on sexual orientation or gender identity, challenging a new Arkansas law criticized as anti-gay.
- Arkansas court to investigate allegations of unsafe bridges Updated: Apr-20-15 3:44 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The Washington County quorum court in Arkansas is set to investigate claims that the Harvey Dowell Bridge in Fayetteville, as well as other bridges, were improperly built.
- Police: 3 killed, 2 injured in Chicot County crash Updated: Apr-20-15 7:20 am
EUDORA, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say three people were killed and two people were injured in a two-vehicle crash in Chicot County.
- Arkansas Supreme Court considers juvenile sentencing Updated: Apr-16-15 8:29 pm
MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas - The Arkansas Supreme Court heard arguments Thursday in two cases that will decide whether more than 50 inmates who were sentenced to mandatory life in prison without parole for crimes they committed as juveniles will get new sentences.
- Ex-judge who posted details of Theron adoption loses license Updated: Apr-16-15 6:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The former Arkansas judge who posted details online about Hollywood actress Charlize Theron's private adoption was allowed to voluntarily surrender his law license on Thursday, enabling him to avoid a disciplinary hearing following his bribery conviction in an unrelated case.
- Unopposed Arkansas special election has big taxpayer costs Updated: Apr-16-15 12:56 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An unopposed special election to fill a vacant legislative seat cost taxpayers more than $15,000.
- Springfield man, 92, dies in 1-vehicle wreck Updated: Apr-16-15 8:35 am
PLUMERVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say a 92-year-old Springfield man has died from injuries suffered in a one-vehicle wreck.
- Arkansas governor selects 3 justices for gay marriage case Updated: Apr-14-15 4:45 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A former Supreme Court justice who helped strike down Arkansas' ban on gay foster parents and an ex-legislator who tried to reinstate that prohibition were appointed Tuesday to help decide a case related to the challenge over same-sex marriage.
- Arkansas court to hear case on past juvenile life sentences Updated: Apr-13-15 6:54 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Dozens of Arkansas inmates serving life without parole for crimes they committed as juveniles could have their sentences reconsidered if two of them prevail in arguments before the state's highest court this week, while the prisoner whose case was covered under a U.S. Supreme Court ruling is becoming eligible for a parole hearing.
- Challenge to Arkansas execution law moved to federal court Updated: Apr-13-15 4:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A challenge by several death row inmates to a new Arkansas law aimed at resuming executions after a decade-long lull is being moved to federal court at the request of the state's attorney general.
- Little Rock interstate lanes closed for construction Updated: Apr-13-15 5:04 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - State transportation officials say drivers should prepare for lane closures at the intersection of interstates 430 and 630.
- Arkansas Democrats praise Hillary Clinton presidential bid Updated: Apr-12-15 5:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The head of the Democratic Party of Arkansas says Democrats across the state are excited that Hillary Clinton is running for president.