- Analysis: Arkansas court punts on gay marriage issue Updated: Jul-04-15 2:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - By punting a same-sex marriage case that sat before it for more than seven months, members of the Arkansas Supreme Court left unresolved a serious question about how sacrosanct a voter-approved constitutional amendment really is.
- Arkansas leaders try to diffuse war of words on gay marriage Updated: Jul-03-15 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Opposition from Arkansas legislative leaders to the U.S. Supreme Court's recent ruling lifting the ban on gay marriage nationwide bubbled over into a war of words late Thursday between the state's legislative and executive branches.
- Arkansas Republican caucuses plan religious protections Updated: Jul-02-15 6:54 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas state Senate Republicans are working on legislation to reinforce protections for religious organizations in response to last week's U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage nationwide.
- Transportation crews plan more closures in west Little Rock Updated: Jul-02-15 3:10 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas transportation officials will close ramps and lanes overnight near the state's busiest intersection next week.
- Arkansas joins in lawsuit challenging EPA water rule Updated: Jun-29-15 3:41 pm
- Highway department advises of lane closures on holiday Updated: Jun-29-15 11:44 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department is alerting drivers of lane closures on interstates and U.S. highways during the coming July 4th holiday weekend.
- The Latest: Arkansas lawmaker seeks amendment on marriage Updated: Jun-26-15 2:22 pm
The Latest on the impact of Supreme Court's gay-marriage ruling in Arkansas: (All times Central)
- Inmate gets attorney over faulty FBI hair analysis Updated: Jun-26-15 11:56 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An inmate serving a life sentence for a 1979 murder has been assigned an attorney after demonstrating that his conviction was tainted by testimony from a discredited FBI expert.
- State police investigate financial filings Updated: Jun-25-15 12:47 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police is investigating whether employees in the Faulkner County clerk's office tampered with financial paperwork for public officials to make it appear as if they were filed on time.
- Arkansas lawmaker says a new look at levees is needed Updated: Jun-24-15 7:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Changes to Arkansas' levee system after recent flooding in the state should be on the agenda if the Legislature is called back into session to take up the future of its health insurance marketplace, a key lawmaker said Wednesday.
- Arkansas prison department wants details of federal probe Updated: Jun-23-15 6:44 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Department of Correction has formally requested details of the allegations that initiated a federal investigation into possible sexual abuse and harassment at a women's prison.
- Arkansas State Police begins redacting crash-report data Updated: Jun-22-15 10:35 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police is citing a 21-year-old federal privacy law as their reason for withholding information from vehicle crash reports.
- Arkansas attorney general adds officers to Medicaid unit Updated: Jun-19-15 3:05 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has added sworn law enforcement officers to her office's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit.
- 56 juvenile offenders may get hearings after court ruling Updated: Jun-18-15 3:43 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' highest court ruled Thursday that an inmate serving life without parole for a killing he was convicted of as a juvenile deserves a new sentencing hearing, a move that opens the door for new sentences for 55 other former juvenile offenders.
- Arkansas court upholds class action status in VA pay lawsuit Updated: Jun-18-15 11:25 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Supreme Court has upheld a judge's decision to grant class-action status in a lawsuit that claims the state Department of Veterans Affairs failed to pay some nurses overtime at facilities in Little Rock and Fayetteville.
- Arkansas highway crews closing exit to LR hospital Saturday Updated: Jun-17-15 10:49 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Road crews will close an exit to the Baptist Health complex in Little Rock this weekend during work on an access ramp.
- Arkansas lawmaker who gave away girls won't seek re-election Updated: Jun-17-15 8:04 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas lawmaker who gave his adopted daughters to a man who later admitted to sexually assaulting one of them says he won't seek re-election in 2016.
- Pig Trail closed again after heavy rains in NW Arkansas Updated: Jun-16-15 5:24 pm
CASS, Arkansas - Heavy rains along the Pig Trail Scenic Byway have undermined the road bed and forced highway officials to close it for the second time in a month.
- 2 killed in separate crashes on Arkansas roadways Updated: Jun-15-15 8:56 am
FORREST CITY, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say two people have been killed in separate auto accidents on state roadways.
- US 71 in SW Arkansas, closed due to flooding, has reopened Updated: Jun-14-15 12:26 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Arkansas highway officials say U.S. Highway 71 in southwestern Arkansas has reopened after being shut down for more than two weeks because of flooding.
- Department releases details of alleged abuse at prison Updated: Jun-12-15 7:56 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Department of Correction released details Friday of an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against a former chaplain at an Arkansas women's prison.
- 1 lane of traffic reopens after NW Arkansas hill slide Updated: Jun-12-15 12:53 pm
CASS, Arkansas - Arkansas highway officials say the southbound lane of Highway 23 north of Cass in Franklin County has reopened after being closed since last month because of a hill slide.
- Trooper: Man, child killed in Arkansas highway wreck Updated: Jun-12-15 9:14 am
WEST MEMPHIS, Arkansas - Arkansas authorities say a 22-year-old driver and his infant passenger have died after their vehicle slammed into the back of a semitrailer.
- Panel OKs contractor fronting expected shortfall in project Updated: Jun-11-15 2:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A state transportation panel has approved a financing plan in which a contractor eventually picked for a highway project would bankroll part of the work until the state can raise enough money to repay it.
- Proposal to restore previous Arkansas term limits submitted Updated: Jun-11-15 1:45 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A group that wants to return term limits for Arkansas state legislators to 10 years has submitted a proposed ballot title for a state constitutional amendment.