- Arkansas justice cites Johnny Cash in dissent over cash bail Updated: Feb-11-16 4:05 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A ruling that defendants can be required to pay their bail in cash drew objections Thursday from Arkansas' Supreme Court chief justice, who cited a man who had strong opinions about the legal system: Johnny Cash.
- Arkansas Court: Ex-lawmaker eligible to run for sheriff Updated: Feb-11-16 11:41 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' highest court says a former state lawmaker who was barred from running for sheriff because of a misdemeanor conviction is now eligible after his record was sealed.
- New Nebraska Medicaid bill reopens old divide in hearing Updated: Feb-10-16 8:58 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The newest attempt to expand health care coverage with Medicaid dollars reopened an old divide Wednesday before a Nebraska legislative committee.
- Arkansas AG offering workshops on dating violence Updated: Feb-10-16 7:21 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge is launching a series of workshops around the state aimed at helping educators combat dating abuse.
- Name released of Arkansas deputy who shot, killed man Updated: Feb-09-16 6:46 pm
AUSTIN, Arkansas - Authorities have released the name of a Lonoke County deputy who shot and killed a man while investigating a reported domestic disturbance.
- State wants to appeal expansion of Planned parenthood case Updated: Feb-09-16 1:24 pm
- Florida woman killed after falling from truck on I-40 Updated: Feb-09-16 12:28 pm
MULBERRY, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say a Florida woman was killed when she fell out of a semitrailer and was run over by the vehicle's trailer on Interstate 40 in western Arkansas.
- Eichler, Nelson appointed to University of Arkansas board Updated: Feb-08-16 7:07 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson has named a former candidate for governor and a lawyer who was once a University of Arkansas cheerleader to the school's board of trustees.
- Group launches ad blitz in Arkansas' chief justice race Updated: Feb-08-16 5:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Washington-based group launched television ads Monday portraying Arkansas Supreme Court Justice Courtney Goodson as beholden to trial lawyers and criticizing the chief justice hopeful over gifts and campaign contributions she's received.
- Arkansas looks to cut wrong-way crashes with $2.8M updates Updated: Feb-08-16 4:55 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas highway officials have initiated $2.8 million in improvements with a focus on reducing wrong-way crashes on the state freeway system.
- Arkansas State receiving grant for innovation work Updated: Feb-08-16 4:37 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The U.S. Commerce Department says Arkansas State will receive grant money through a program to promote innovation.
- Conway man struck, killed by vehicle on Highway 65 Updated: Feb-07-16 1:30 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say a Conway man was killed when he was struck by a vehicle on U.S. Highway 65 north of Conway.
- Arkansas Supreme Court race pits judge vs Little Rock lawyer Updated: Feb-07-16 11:02 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The race for an open seat on the Arkansas Supreme Court pits a state judge and ex-lawmaker who once advocated banning gays and lesbians from fostering and adopting children against a Little Rock lawyer who touts his lack of political experience as an asset.
- Analysis: Arkansas up for grabs after Huckabee exit Updated: Feb-06-16 11:00 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former Gov. Mike Huckabee's exit from the presidential race doesn't just open up a new hunt for his home state's Republican delegates in the March 1 primary. It could also expose where the rifts lie in the GOP two years after it completed its sweep of Arkansas offices.
- Arkansas legislative black caucus members endorse Clinton Updated: Feb-05-16 7:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The chairwoman and several members of the Arkansas Legislative Black Caucus are backing Hillary Clinton's bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.
- Arkansas asks for oral arguments on execution challenge Updated: Feb-05-16 6:06 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Attorneys for the Arkansas attorney general's office has asked the state Supreme Court to hold oral arguments in the state's appeal of a lower court's ruling not to dismiss a constitutional challenge to an execution secrecy law.
- Engineers consider moving Little Rock I-30 downtown ramps Updated: Feb-05-16 10:56 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Engineers working on the Interstate 30 corridor project in Little Rock are considering eliminating ramps in an entertainment district and moving access to and from downtown two or more blocks south.
- Court: Lawyer whiffing at trial doesn't warrant new hearing Updated: Feb-04-16 5:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A death row inmate isn't entitled to a new sentencing hearing just because his trial lawyer said he may have delivered "one of the worst" closing arguments of his career, the Arkansas Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
- Arkansas GOP, having embraced term limits, is now conflicted Updated: Feb-04-16 12:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - More than two decades ago, Arkansas was among the first states to embrace the term limits movement by restricting how long lawmakers could serve in its Legislature. No one championed the movement more loudly than the state's Republicans, who saw it as a way to loosen the Democratic Party's generations-old grip on Arkansas' elected offices.
- Arkansas police seek clues in hit-and-run accident Updated: Feb-04-16 11:15 am
BODCAW, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police are seeking clues into a weekend hit-and-run accident that left a Rosston man dead near Bodcaw.
- Rubio picks up endorsements from Arkansas leaders Updated: Feb-03-16 7:32 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two Arkansas congressmen and the state's lieutenant governor backed Marco Rubio for the Republican presidential nomination Wednesday, throwing their support behind the U.S. senator from Florida two days after former Gov. Mike Huckabee ended his White House bid.
- Arkansas attorney general again rejects marijuana amendment Updated: Feb-02-16 7:02 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has again rejected a proposed constitutional amendment to legalize marijuana in Arkansas.
- Arkansas Republicans looking at others after Huckabee exit Updated: Feb-02-16 3:52 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - With favorite son and former Gov. Mike Huckabee no longer an option, top Republicans in Arkansas said Tuesday they're weighing which of the other candidates to support in the presidential race.
- Arkansas State Police seek information in fatal hit-and-run Updated: Feb-01-16 7:36 pm
BODCAW, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police are asking for public assistance in finding the driver of a vehicle involved in a deadly hit-and-run in southwestern Arkansas.
- Arkansas governor reports more than $73K in trips accepted Updated: Feb-01-16 7:28 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson and his wife accepted more than $73,000 in trips last year, with a nonprofit foundation and the state Republican Party picking up the tab for his three overseas trade missions, he reported in documents filed Monday.