- Arkansas lawmakers meet for session on defense project Updated: May-24-15 3:46 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A little over a month after wrapping up their regular session, Arkansas lawmakers are returning to the Capitol this week to take up an incentive package aimed at luring a major defense project to the state.
- Arkansas court rules blood taken legally in DWI conviction Updated: May-21-15 7:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas police would be able to obtain a warrant to take a blood test even if a person suspected of driving while intoxicated refuses a test, according to an Arkansas Supreme Court ruling released Thursday.
- Firm tells court Arkansas should return $1.3M in gas tax Updated: May-21-15 6:19 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Texas-based company is asking Arkansas' highest court to require the state to return more than $1.3 million in taxes it collected on sand that was used in natural gas drilling.
- Arkansas court upholds doctor's conviction in '02 slayings Updated: May-21-15 4:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' highest court has upheld the conviction of a doctor serving a life sentence for killing two men at a Conway home in 2002.
- Official: Arkansas officers shoot cuffed man in patrol car Updated: May-20-15 5:15 pm
CABOT, Arkansas - A handcuffed parolee who had been frisked opened fire on law enforcement officers from the back of a patrol car, according to an Arkansas Corrections official, provoking a return of gunfire that left the man dead.
- Officials fear $50 million at risk after Arkansas DWI ruling Updated: May-19-15 7:31 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas is at risk of losing more than $50 million in federal highway funding after the state's highest court ruled that prosecutors must show intent in driving while intoxicated cases, a state transportation official said Tuesday.
- Collection of editorials from Arkansas newspapers Updated: May-19-15 2:54 pm
A collection of recent editorials by Arkansas newspapers:
- Arkansas state police identify slain reserve deputy Updated: May-15-15 1:23 pm
CLARKSVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police have identified a veteran reserve deputy who was fatally shot while responding to a reported burglary.
- Arkansas lawmakers OK consultant contract for Medicaid plan Updated: May-15-15 10:47 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas lawmakers have approved a $1 million contract with a consultant looking at the future of the state's compromise Medicaid expansion, but the House speaker says he'll recommend working with another firm as well.
- Arkansas Supreme Court returns juvenile case to lower court Updated: May-14-15 11:31 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Supreme Court on Thursday ordered a circuit court to reconsider the case of two inmates serving mandatory life terms in prison without parole for crimes they committed as juveniles.
- Federal funding for Arkansas highways to end May 31 Updated: May-12-15 6:34 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The director of the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says federal funding for the state's highway projects will end May 31.
- Overpass over Interstate 630 to be closed for work crew Updated: May-12-15 12:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says work at the Interstate 430/630 interchange will require the temporary closing of an overpass over I-630.
- Transportation officials close lanes along Arkansas tunnel Updated: May-12-15 8:55 am
WINSLOW, Arkansas - Transportation officials say drivers in Northwest Arkansas should prepare for temporary lane closures near the Bobby Hopper Tunnel on Interstate 49.
- Arkansas' highest-paid employees list grows by 119 in a year Updated: May-10-15 1:46 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The number of state employees in Arkansas who earn at least $100,000 a year increased by 119 during the past year to 2,585.
- Arkansas State Board of Trustees approve tuition increase Updated: May-08-15 6:50 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State University Board of Trustees has approved tuition and fee increases at its meeting in Jonesboro.
- Arkansas transportation agency pulls bids on 9 projects Updated: May-08-15 3:34 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - State transportation officials have pulled bids on nine road and bridge construction projects worth an estimated $120 million due to federal funding concerns.
- 934 attorneys suspended by Arkansas Supreme Court Updated: May-08-15 4:25 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Supreme Court has suspended 934 lawyers for failing to pay fees owed to the state.
- Arkansas court: current justices should hear marriage case Updated: May-07-15 2:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' highest court ruled Thursday that its current lineup of justices should decide whether to legalize gay marriage in the state, which could clear the way for a decision that has been delayed for months by an unusually public split on the court.
- Arkansas woman charged with human trafficking Updated: May-05-15 6:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Wynne woman is charged with human trafficking stemming from allegations that she forced two teenagers into prostitution and was being held Tuesday on $250,000 bond.
- US Attorney Conner Eldridge named to advisory committee Updated: Apr-30-15 1:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas is one of six new members named to the U.S. Attorney General's Advisory Committee.
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals defers gay marriage cases Updated: Apr-29-15 7:56 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has deferred arguments and a decision on four same-sex marriage cases until the U.S. Supreme Court rules on the issue.
- I-30 plan lists potential displacements of 19 properties Updated: Apr-28-15 5:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas transportation officials have identified 19 residential and commercial properties that could be in the way of a $450 million proposed redesign of Interstate 30 near downtown Little Rock.
- Trooper: Arkansas motorcyclist dies after crash Updated: Apr-27-15 8:13 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Police say a motorcyclist has died after losing control of his vehicle.