- Senate extends admissions deal with University of Texas Updated: May-26-15 4:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Senate has voted to extend a deal with the University of Texas allowing the school to accept new students whose grades don't rank in the top 10 percent of their high school graduating class.
- Frustration with Latin America's left on the rise Updated: May-18-15 7:38 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's socialist government is struggling to put food on the shelves amid runaway inflation. Brazil's president is facing calls for impeachment. And even Cuba's communist government, an iconic touchstone for generations of leftists, is embracing closer ties with the U.S.
- Official: University of Texas football could play in Mexico Updated: May-18-15 8:51 am
AUSTIN, Texas - University of Texas athletic director Steve Patterson says the Longhorns could play football in Mexico City by 2020 as UT considers expanding its brand internationally.
- Incoming University of Texas president declines $1M salary Updated: May-13-15 10:29 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Emails show the incoming president of the University of Texas at Austin declined a $1 million salary offer because he was concerned it could upset students and faculty at the school that has been stretched for funds in recent years.
- Texas students take aim at Jefferson Davis campus statue Updated: May-09-15 4:08 am
DALLAS - Pity Jefferson Davis, if you will. Vandals have defaced his statue on the University of Texas campus, most recently with the words "Davis must fall" and "Emancipate UT." Student leaders are also seeking to remove from the Austin campus the century-old statue that recognizes the president of the Confederacy.
- Some Texas universities use private firms to raise money Updated: May-07-15 5:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Texas universities are relying heavily on private marketing firms to raise tens of millions of dollars from corporate sponsors for their athletic programs.
- Texas withdraws 'Havoc' basketball trademark applications Updated: May-05-15 3:46 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The University of Texas has abandoned plans to trademark "HORNS HAVOC" and "HOUSE OF HAVOC."