- US presses Europeans at meeting to solve Greek crisis Updated: May-29-15 9:26 am
DRESDEN, Germany - Finance ministers from the Group of Seven wealthy democracies heard a sharp call from U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew to find agreement on more financial help for Greece.
- Greek bank deposits fall to lowest in more than a decade Updated: May-29-15 8:50 am
ATHENS, Greece - Bank deposits in Greece have hit their lowest in more than a decade, according to data released Friday, as Greeks concerned about the painfully slow pace of their government's talks with bailout creditors withdrew savings in an orderly but steady flow.
- Iran foreign minister says nuclear deal possible by June 30 Updated: May-28-15 10:38 am
ATHENS, Greece - Iran's foreign minister on Thursday held out hope that a "sustainable, mutually respectful" deal can be struck with world powers in talks over his country's nuclear program before the deadline of June 30.
- Merkel warns 'whole lot left' to do on Greece bailout talks Updated: May-22-15 6:49 am
RIGA, Latvia - With Greece facing a potential default in two weeks, German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Friday sought to add urgency to the talks between the country and its international creditors, warning that "very, very intensive work is still needed."
- Greek deputy finance chief sues German paper over cash claim Updated: May-15-15 6:49 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's deputy finance minister has sued Germany's tabloid Bild newspaper over a story that appeared this month alleging he sent tens of thousands of euros to a bank account in Luxembourg at a time when his government had been appealing to Greeks to keep their savings in the country.
- Turkey, Greece welcome relaunch of Cyprus unity talks Updated: May-12-15 9:25 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The foreign ministers of Greece and Turkey on Tuesday welcomed a decision by Cyprus' rival Greek and Turkish communities to relaunch stalled talks aimed at reunifying the island, calling it an opportunity that should not be squandered.
- Germany's Schaeuble reaffirms will to keep Greece in euro Updated: May-10-15 8:47 am
BERLIN - Germany's finance minister says his country will do everything it can to keep Greece in the eurozone under "justifiable conditions."