- Japan under pressure in Asian World Cup qualification Updated: Oct-06-15 6:51 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - On a night of big games in Asia, Japan will be under the most pressure as a defeat to Syria in their 2018 World Cup qualifier on Thursday would cast doubt on its chances of making it to Russia.
- Evergrande ready for Gamba Osaka in ACL semifinals Updated: Sep-28-15 9:31 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Guangzhou Evergrande coach Luiz Felipe Scolari is switching focus from his Chinese Super League title race with old rival Sven-Goran Eriksson to prepare for the team's upcoming match against Gamba Osaka in the first leg of the 2015 Asian Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- FIFA makes decisions before Blatter is interrogated Updated: Sep-25-15 11:44 am
ZURICH - Despite hastily canceling a news conference scheduled with President Sepp Blatter after the surprise arrival of Swiss federal police at its headquarters, FIFA did make some decisions during its two-day executive committee meeting that ended Friday.
- FIFA cancels scheduled Blatter news conference Updated: Sep-25-15 9:34 am
ZURICH - FIFA canceled a news conference scheduled with President Sepp Blatter without explanation on Friday, fueling the sense of turmoil surrounding football's embattled governing body.
- Zico: I want to show I'm serious about being FIFA president Updated: Sep-24-15 1:21 pm
ZURICH - Former Brazil great Zico traveled to the home of FIFA with one goal in mind: Show everyone that he is serious about his bid to lead soccer's world governing body.
- Japanese still expect FIFA's meeting to take place in Japan Updated: Sep-23-15 1:13 pm
ZURICH - The president of the Japanese football association still expects FIFA's next executive committee meeting to take place in Japan, despite a decision by soccer's ruling body to reconsider its original plan during this week's session in Zurich.