- Hundreds pay respects to Joe Dini in Yerington Updated: Apr-15-14 7:01 pm
- GOP Arizona lawmakers upset at Nevada range clash Updated: Apr-10-14 7:38 pm
- Joe Dini, longtime Nevada Assembly speaker, dies Updated: Apr-10-14 6:37 pm
- DA rejects Hatch Act complaint against assemblyman Updated: Apr-09-14 6:32 am
- Panel conducts Nevada redistricting process Updated: Mar-31-14 12:00 am
- Ex-Nevada lawmaker enters plea deal in Calif. case Updated: Mar-30-14 2:14 am
- Ex-Nevada lawmaker pleads no contest in California Updated: Mar-28-14 9:38 pm
YERINGTON, Nevada - Several hundred of Joe Dini's friends, family and colleagues paid their last respects Tuesday at a funeral mass for the former, longtime Nevada Assembly speaker who was described as a quiet, humble man who became a "legislative giant" with a nose for compromise during more than three decades in the legislature.
PHOENIX - A group of Republican Arizona lawmakers are upset with a brewing showdown in Nevada between the federal government and a rancher who claims rights to graze his cattle in a remote area about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Assembly Speaker Joe Dini, a gentle-voiced statesman who used power of persuasion and friendship to bridge partisan divides through a long legislative career, died Thursday at a Reno hospital. He turned 85 just two weeks ago, on March 28.
LAS VEGAS - Prosecutors in Las Vegas have rejected a complaint alleging that Nevada state Assemblyman Tyrone Thompson violated a ban on federal workers engaging in partisan politics.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Unlike some other states where Republicans used their gains in statewide elections to seize control of the redistricting process after the 2010 census, the re-drawing of Nevada's voting districts was done by a court-appointed panel and overseen by a judge.
VICTORVILLE, California - A former Nevada lawmaker who led California police on a high-speed chase on the day he was expelled from the state Assembly has entered into a plea deal in the felony case.
LAS VEGAS - A former Las Vegas-area lawmaker has pleaded no contest to charges stemming from a freeway chase and a fight with police in Southern California.