- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer Updated: May-04-16 4:58 pm
BOSTON - During his tenure as Celtics president, Danny Ainge has developed a reputation as deal maker that pounces on opportunities.
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Updated: Apr-29-16 5:59 pm
BOSTON - The emergence of an All-Star and lots of victories made the Celtics one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Updated: Apr-29-16 12:09 am
BOSTON - The Atlanta Hawks had their best regular season in franchise history spoiled last year by a dismal showing against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Updated: Apr-27-16 4:41 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens says that all signs point toward Isaiah Thomas being able to play in Game 6 against the Hawks.
- Cavaliers making most of long break between playoff rounds Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Kyrie Irving's freakish knee injury in the NBA Finals last year taught him a valuable lesson about what it takes to get through a postseason.
- With big turnaround, Hawks beat Celtics 110-83 for 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-27-16 12:21 am
ATLANTA - Talk about a stunning turnaround.
- Stevens: Celtics F Kelly Olynyk will play Game 4 vs Atlanta Updated: Apr-24-16 4:36 pm
BOSTON - Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens says forward Kelly Olynyk is available for Sunday night's game against Atlanta.
- Celtic's Smart fined $5,000 for flop in Game 3 vs Hawks Updated: Apr-23-16 3:29 pm
- Celtics' Olynyk out, Hawks' Schroder may play in Game 3 Updated: Apr-22-16 7:06 pm
BOSTON - Celtics center Kelly Olynyk will miss his second straight game with a sore right shoulder, while the Hawks remained hopeful that backup point guard Dennis Schroder would available for the Game 3 after spraining his left ankle.
- Schroder still questionable for Hawks with ankle injury Updated: Apr-21-16 2:39 pm
ATLANTA - Hawks guard Dennis Schroder did not practice Thursday because of an injured left ankle and remains questionable for Game 3 of the playoffs against the Boston Celtics.
- Stevens: Celtics' Bradley out for next 2 games vs. Hawks Updated: Apr-20-16 5:54 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Wednesday that starting guard Avery Bradley is out for Boston's next two playoff games against the Hawks with a right hamstring injury and "very unlikely" to return for the remainder of the first-round series.
- Celtics score 7 in 1st quarter, lowest in shot-clock era Updated: Apr-19-16 8:37 pm
- Celtics' Bradley (hamstring) likely out for opening round Updated: Apr-17-16 5:01 pm
- Tim Hardaway Jr suits up for Hawks in Game 1 Updated: Apr-16-16 7:19 pm
ATLANTA - Hawks guard Tim Hardaway Jr. is active for Game 1 of Atlanta's playoff series against the Boston Celtics.
- Tough season and more tough times ahead for the Nets Updated: Apr-14-16 6:38 pm
NEW YORK - Those 61 losses hurt and the pain isn't over just yet for the Brooklyn Nets.
- Hawks facing much lower expectations heading into playoffs Updated: Apr-14-16 3:24 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks head into the playoffs facing much lower expectations than a year ago.
- Hawks end up as No. 4 with loss to Wiz; Wittman out as coach Updated: Apr-14-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer is ready to move on.
- Celtics roar back from 26-point deficit to beat Heat 98-88 Updated: Apr-14-16 12:21 am
BOSTON - The Celtics invited players from three of the franchise's championship teams to the Garden on Wednesday night to support them in their regular-season finale.
- Lin has 25 points to send Hornets to 114-100 rout over Celts Updated: Apr-11-16 11:08 pm
BOSTON - Jeremy Lin noticed the loud cheers before the game, knew it was Asian-American night and then went out and led the Hornets to a big win.
- Magic come up big down stretch to stun Heat Updated: Apr-09-16 12:15 am
ORLANDO, Florida - The Orlando Magic sure are making it tough on teams in the playoff hunt or are trying to improve their postseason standing.
- Zeller scores 26, Celtics down Bucks 124-109 Updated: Apr-08-16 11:16 pm
BOSTON - Situated firmly in a virtual logjam in the Eastern Conference's shuffle for playoff seeding, where the Boston Celtics will end up is still very much a mystery with only a handful of games to play.
- Celtics fight off short-handed Pelicans late in 104-97 win Updated: Apr-06-16 11:27 pm
BOSTON - The Celtics entered the week focused on improving their playoff position over their final five regular-season games.
- Celtics' Turner to sit out against Pelicans with eye injury Updated: Apr-05-16 6:26 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens says reserve forward Evan Turner is continuing to recover from a left eye abrasion and will sit out when they host the Pelicans on Wednesday.