- Palestinians complain to FIFA over detained player Updated: May-22-15 6:54 am
JERUSALEM - The head of the Palestine Football Association has complained to FIFA that one of its players was detained by Israel, an incident he says illustrates his demand that the Israelis be suspended.
- World Bank: Gaza economy on 'verge of collapse' Updated: May-22-15 1:34 am
JERUSALEM - A new World Bank report warns that Gaza's economy is on the "verge of collapse."
- IMF says Gaza reconstruction moving slowly Updated: May-20-15 10:10 am
- Palestinian patients find help in Israeli hospital Updated: May-19-15 5:29 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The bedroom of Palestinian siblings Ahmed and Hadeel Hamdan looks like a hospital ward, filled with beeping machines, monitors, solution bags and sterilizing fluids.
- Gaza officials: 'Dozens' wounded by blast at Hamas base Updated: May-14-15 1:32 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian officials say dozens of people were injured when a bomb exploded at a training base used by the Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the territory.
- Rights group: West Bank authorities silence student dissent Updated: May-07-15 3:38 pm
JERUSALEM - A leading international rights group voiced concerns Thursday that Palestinian authorities in the West Bank are increasingly clamping down on freedom of expression by arresting students for political affiliations or comments made on Facebook.
- Hamas launches crackdown on Salafist groups in Gaza Strip Updated: May-05-15 11:49 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The ruling Hamas militant group launched a crackdown Tuesday on radical Salafi groups following a series of unclaimed bombings in the Gaza Strip, arresting dozens of people and setting up military-type checkpoints.
- Israeli officials: Hamas military leader still alive Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli defense officials say they have concluded that Hamas' shadowy military chief is still alive - after an attempted Israeli assassination during last year's war in Gaza.
- Hamas silences Gaza protest calling for Palestinian unity Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police forces of the Islamic militant group Hamas that rules the Gaza Strip suppressed a demonstration by local youth movements calling for it to mend ties with the rival Palestinian government in the West Bank.
- West Bank universities call off elections Updated: Apr-28-15 2:07 pm
- UN: Israeli military killed 44 Palestinians at UN shelters Updated: Apr-27-15 3:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A U.N. inquiry has found that at least 44 Palestinians were killed and at least 227 injured by direct mortar strikes and other "Israeli actions" while sheltering at U.N. locations during last year's Gaza war. The Palestinians said they would give the findings to the International Criminal Court.
- Rooftop restaurant provides rare bright spot in Gaza Updated: Apr-24-15 2:13 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When nightfall descends upon Gaza, the glittering lights of the Level Up restaurant seem to be the only bright spot in this darkened city.
- Hamas wins student council vote at top West Bank university Updated: Apr-23-15 9:34 am