- Hamas launches crackdown on Salafist groups in Gaza Strip Updated: May-05-15 9:37 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The ruling Hamas militant group has launched a crackdown on radical Salafi groups following a series of unclaimed bombings in the Gaza Strip.
- Israeli officials: Hamas military leader still alive Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli defense officials say they have concluded that Hamas' shadowy military chief is still alive - after an attempted Israeli assassination during last year's war in Gaza.
- Hamas silences Gaza protest calling for Palestinian unity Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police forces of the Islamic militant group Hamas that rules the Gaza Strip suppressed a demonstration by local youth movements calling for it to mend ties with the rival Palestinian government in the West Bank.
- West Bank universities call off elections Updated: Apr-28-15 2:07 pm
- UN: Israeli military killed 44 Palestinians at UN shelters Updated: Apr-27-15 3:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A U.N. inquiry has found that at least 44 Palestinians were killed and at least 227 injured by direct mortar strikes and other "Israeli actions" while sheltering at U.N. locations during last year's Gaza war. The Palestinians said they would give the findings to the International Criminal Court.
- Rooftop restaurant provides rare bright spot in Gaza Updated: Apr-24-15 2:13 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When nightfall descends upon Gaza, the glittering lights of the Level Up restaurant seem to be the only bright spot in this darkened city.
- Hamas wins student council vote at top West Bank university Updated: Apr-23-15 9:34 am
- Judge: Pro-Israel group can post 'Killing Jews' ads on buses Updated: Apr-21-15 7:52 pm
NEW YORK - A pro-Israel advocacy group known for publicly criticizing Islam can display its political advertisement containing the phrase "Hamas Killing Jews" on New York City's buses, a judge said.
- Hamas consolidates its grip on Gaza as reconstruction stalls Updated: Apr-14-15 11:08 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Eight months after a ruinous war with Israel, the reconstruction of Gaza has barely begun, and the Islamic militant group Hamas remains entrenched despite expectations that it cede some of its power to West Bank-based Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
- US judge upholds verdict against Arab Bank Updated: Apr-08-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - A federal judge refused on Wednesday to throw out a U.S. jury's verdict finding that a large Jordan-based bank was responsible for terror attacks in Israel that killed or wounded Americans.
- Suffering rises as militants take over refugee camp in Syria Updated: Apr-08-15 4:36 pm
BEIRUT - When hundreds of Islamic State militants muscled into the Yarmouk refugee camp last week and planted their black flags amid the charred, blown-out buildings, it was the latest trial for the remaining Palestinians who for two years have endured a suffocating government siege, starvation and disease.