- Quartet Mideast envoy Tony Blair resigns Updated: May-27-15 12:23 pm
JERUSALEM - Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Wednesday stepped down as the international community's Mideast envoy, officials said, leaving a post that began with great promise but which struggled to deliver dramatic changes in its quest to promote peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Senior Hamas official Abu Marzouk settling in Gaza for good Updated: May-27-15 9:47 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A senior Hamas official says he is moving to the Gaza Strip for good, underscoring the gradual shift of the Islamic militant movement's power base from exile to the Palestinian territory.
- Israel defense minister: Islamic Jihad behind Gaza flare-up Updated: May-27-15 2:22 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's defense minister is blaming Islamic Jihad - a smaller Palestinian militant group in the Hamas-run Gaza Strip - for the latest rocket fired at Israel that drew retaliatory airstrikes overnight.
- Group: Hamas tortured, killed Palestinians in 2014 Gaza war Updated: May-26-15 11:10 pm
JERUSALEM - A leading international watchdog on Wednesday accused the militant Hamas group of abducting, torturing and killing Palestinians during the war in the Gaza Strip last year, saying some of the actions amount to war crimes.
- Palestinians complain to FIFA over detained player Updated: May-22-15 6:54 am
JERUSALEM - The head of the Palestine Football Association has complained to FIFA that one of its players was detained by Israel, an incident he says illustrates his demand that the Israelis be suspended.
- World Bank: Gaza economy on 'verge of collapse' Updated: May-22-15 1:34 am
JERUSALEM - A new World Bank report warns that Gaza's economy is on the "verge of collapse."
- IMF says Gaza reconstruction moving slowly Updated: May-20-15 10:10 am
- Palestinian patients find help in Israeli hospital Updated: May-19-15 5:29 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The bedroom of Palestinian siblings Ahmed and Hadeel Hamdan looks like a hospital ward, filled with beeping machines, monitors, solution bags and sterilizing fluids.
- Gaza officials: 'Dozens' wounded by blast at Hamas base Updated: May-14-15 1:32 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian officials say dozens of people were injured when a bomb exploded at a training base used by the Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the territory.
- Rights group: West Bank authorities silence student dissent Updated: May-07-15 3:38 pm
JERUSALEM - A leading international rights group voiced concerns Thursday that Palestinian authorities in the West Bank are increasingly clamping down on freedom of expression by arresting students for political affiliations or comments made on Facebook.
- Israeli officials: Hamas military leader still alive Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli defense officials say they have concluded that Hamas' shadowy military chief is still alive - after an attempted Israeli assassination during last year's war in Gaza.
- Hamas silences Gaza protest calling for Palestinian unity Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police forces of the Islamic militant group Hamas that rules the Gaza Strip suppressed a demonstration by local youth movements calling for it to mend ties with the rival Palestinian government in the West Bank.
- West Bank universities call off elections Updated: Apr-28-15 2:07 pm