- Analysis: Beyond Kerry, seeking new Mideast ideas Updated: Apr-25-14 2:26 am
- US unwilling to give up Mideast peace process yet Updated: Apr-24-14 6:25 pm
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians Updated: Apr-24-14 3:52 pm
- Israeli PM: Palestinians step back from peace Updated: Apr-24-14 12:07 pm
- As peace deadline nears, Abbas says he has options Updated: Apr-23-14 4:50 pm
- Palestinians meet in Gaza for reconciliation talks Updated: Apr-21-14 7:22 am
- Cash-strapped Hamas turns to e-bullets Updated: Apr-10-14 4:04 pm
- Israel bars Palestinian Olympian from leaving Gaza Updated: Apr-08-14 12:07 pm
- Museum items can't be seized to pay Iran judgment Updated: Mar-28-14 6:30 pm
JERUSALEM - Nine months of U.S.-driven diplomacy have left Israelis and Palestinians less hopeful than ever about a comprehensive peace agreement to end their century of conflict. Although a formula may yet be found to somehow prolong the talks past an end-of-April deadline, they are on the brink of collapse and the search is already on for new ideas.
WASHINGTON - The suspension of peace talks between Israel and Palestinians on Thursday delivered the harshest blow yet to Secretary of State John Kerry's ambitious, if perhaps quixotic, hope of ending the decades-long impasse at the cost of focusing on other crises around the world. But Kerry refused to accept defeat, saying "we will never give up our hope or our commitment for the possibilities" of Mideast peace.
JERUSALEM - Israel broke off Mideast peace talks and brought the U.S.-brokered process to the brink of collapse Thursday, protesting a reconciliation agreement between the Western-backed Palestinian Authority and the militant group Hamas, the Jewish state's sworn enemy.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is trying to show that he has alternatives if U.S.-mediated talks with Israel break off Tuesday, the deadline for agreeing on a possible extension.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - In a long hallway that looks more like a videogame arcade than a military base, Hamas security forces are holding target practice using assault rifles fitted with lasers - all without firing a bullet.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Israel has barred 30 runners, including an Olympic athlete, from leaving the Gaza Strip to participate in a marathon later this week, highlighting Israel's tight restrictions on travel in and out of the Hamas-ruled territory, Palestinian officials said Tuesday.
CHICAGO - Survivors of a 1997 terrorist bombing blamed partly on Iran can't seize thousands of relics from U.S. museums to pay a $412 million judgment against the Iranian government, a federal judge in Chicago ruled Friday.