- Va. Beach mulls arena that could lure NBA, NHL Updated: Apr-19-14 11:50 am
- Column: no April, May or June Madness in NBA Updated: Apr-19-14 3:42 am
- Grizzlies PG Nick Calathes suspended for 20 games Updated: Apr-18-14 11:53 pm
- Motivated LeBron preps for the playoff grind Updated: Apr-18-14 6:38 pm
- NBA plans expanded programs with military Updated: Apr-18-14 4:53 pm
- Kentucky F Lee to return for sophomore season Updated: Apr-18-14 4:47 pm
- Duke freshman Jabari Parker declares for NBA draft Updated: Apr-17-14 6:14 pm
- Bucks pack up, await future with new owners Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
- Cavaliers enter an interesting offseason Updated: Apr-17-14 5:00 pm
- Wildcats G James Young to enter NBA draft Updated: Apr-17-14 4:42 pm
- 3-point threat Miller also Grizzlies' iron man Updated: Apr-17-14 4:32 pm
- Nuggets staying home for first time in decade Updated: Apr-17-14 3:00 pm
- UCLA's Jordan Adams to return for junior season Updated: Apr-17-14 2:38 pm
- LeBron still No. 1 with NBA's most-popular jersey Updated: Apr-17-14 12:27 pm
- Knicks sign Lamar Odom Updated: Apr-16-14 8:02 pm
- ASU's Carson declares for NBA draft Updated: Apr-16-14 4:34 pm
- UCLA's Anderson and LaVine declare for NBA draft Updated: Apr-16-14 1:16 pm
- A season of frustration for Adelman, Timberwolves Updated: Apr-15-14 9:08 pm
- Gordon, Johnson declare for NBA draft Updated: Apr-15-14 6:33 pm
- Syracuse's Jerami Grant entering NBA draft Updated: Apr-15-14 9:23 am
- City leaders unanimously approve deal for Pacers Updated: Apr-14-14 9:05 pm
- Kings' Cousins suspended for 16th technical foul Updated: Apr-14-14 6:33 pm
- Michigan State's Gary Harris entering NBA draft Updated: Apr-14-14 6:03 pm
- Hawks add Turner exec Koonin to bolster profile Updated: Apr-14-14 5:54 pm
- Pro sports becoming more open to paternity leave Updated: Apr-14-14 10:23 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The Virginia Beach metropolitan area is one of the largest in the country without a major professional sports team, and numerous attempts to lure one here have repeatedly left sports fans in the area disappointed.
ATLANTA - If the playoff-bound Atlanta Hawks were in any other sport, they might have a glimmer of hope for winning a championship.
Memphis Grizzlies point guard Nick Calathes has been suspended for 20 games for violating the NBA's anti-drug policy.
NEW YORK - Army graduate Mike Krzyzewski will lead a U.S. national team practice at his alma mater, and the U.S. women will train at the Naval Academy as part of an increased partnership among the NBA, USA Basketball and the Department of Defense.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky has announced that freshman forward Marcus Lee will return for his sophomore season, joining sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein in bypassing the NBA draft for another year with the Wildcats.
Jabari Parker is hoping to become Duke's latest one-and-done star to become the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - One by one, the Milwaukee Bucks met with their coach one last time before packing up their belongings.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky guard James Young will enter the NBA draft, becoming the first of the Wildcats' heralded freshmen to turn pro.
DENVER - The Denver Nuggets aren't accustomed to cleaning out their lockers in April.
LOS ANGELES - Jordan Adams will return to UCLA for his junior season and won't enter the NBA draft.
MIAMI - LeBron James' jersey remains the most popular in the NBA.
TEMPE, Arizona - Jahii Carson has made it official: He's headed to the NBA.
MINNEAPOLIS - As the clock ticks down on the Minnesota Timberwolves' regular season finale on Wednesday night, one of the most quietly successful coaching careers the NBA has ever seen could be coming to a close right with it.
Aaron Gordon's decision was expected. Part of a heralded class of freshmen last season, anything but one and done would have been a surprise.
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse sophomore forward Jerami Grant is entering the NBA draft, becoming the second Orange starter in less than three weeks to announce he's going pro.
INDIANAPOLIS - The Pacers' biggest win so far this season came Monday - off the court.
SACRAMENTO, California - The season is over for Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins.
Gary Harris is going pro, thanks in part to coach Tom Izzo's recommendation.
ATLANTA - Steve Koonin has cheered on the Atlanta Hawks surrounded by thousands of empty seats. He's cheered them on when the place was rockin'.
Tony Perez was on the road with the Cincinnati Reds in 1966 when he got the call that his first child was on the way. There was no discussion about leaving the team to attend Victor's birth, no such thing as paternity leave.