- Commissioner: NBA relationship with players 'best' in sports Updated: Jul-30-15 12:40 pm
JOHANNESBURG - With a multi-billion dollar new broadcast rights deal set to kick in from the 2016-17 season, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says "it's a very good time" for the league right now and, he stressed on Thursday, the players, too.
- Hibbert, Williams, Bass eager for fresh starts with Lakers Updated: Jul-22-15 9:56 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Right after Roy Hibbert, Lou Williams and Brandon Bass received their new gold jerseys Wednesday, they all spoke variations on the same theme.
- NBA leaning toward no playoff guarantee for division winners Updated: Jul-22-15 6:00 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A division title might soon mean a banner but no assurance of a playoff spot in the NBA.
- Silver has 'no doubt' NBA could see a female head coach Updated: Jul-22-15 4:49 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Adam Silver has "no doubt" the NBA could see a day when Becky Hammon or another woman is a head coach.
- Magic to play Raptors in regular-season NBA game in London Updated: Jul-22-15 6:15 am
- FIU signs 7-year marketing deal with Van Wagner Updated: Jul-20-15 11:24 am
MIAMI - Florida International is the first college to sign a multimedia rights contract with Van Wagner Sports and Entertainment.
- NBA players gather for awards show, union meeting Updated: Jul-19-15 11:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - NBA commissioner Adam Silver insists a "significant number" of teams are losing money. But several players waking the red carpet Sunday night at the National Basketball Players Association's Players Awards insist they need to see proof before they believe Silver's claim.
- Pelicans will face Kings in NBA preseason at Rupp Arena Updated: Jul-17-15 4:05 am
- Gorgui Dieng to represent Timberwolves in Africa exhibition Updated: Jul-16-15 3:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Timberwolves center Gorgui Dieng will take part in the NBA's first game in Africa this summer.
- Dollars and sense: In the NBA, money is exploding Updated: Jul-15-15 9:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - To understand how the business model of NBA salaries is unlike ever before, consider the cases of Reggie Jackson, Khris Middleton and DeMarre Carroll.
- Suns sign 1st-round draft pick Devin Booker Updated: Jul-13-15 8:20 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns have signed first-round draft pick Devin Booker.
- Guard Jeremy Lin looking to find stability with Hornets Updated: Jul-13-15 5:20 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Point guard Jeremy Lin is in search of some stability with the Charlotte Hornets.
- Mavs have big hopes for 'ginormous' Indian-born prospect Updated: Jul-12-15 2:48 am
LAS VEGAS - After making his professional debut in the NBA Summer League, 19-year-old Satnam Singh stepped into a freight elevator with Mark Cuban.
- Russell gets his first look at the NBA's bright lights Updated: Jul-11-15 3:57 am
LAS VEGAS - Welcome to life in the spotlight, D'Angelo Russell.
- Jordan's change of heart has some questioning moratorium Updated: Jul-09-15 7:41 pm
Doc Rivers gave a quick answer when asked about DeAndre Jordan coming back to the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Suns sign Chandler to boost interior play, mentor others Updated: Jul-09-15 7:36 pm
PHOENIX - Tyson Chandler is coming to Phoenix, aiming to toughen up the Suns' interior and be the experienced leader the young team sorely needs.
- LA Lakers formally sign Williams, Bass, 2nd-round pick Brown Updated: Jul-09-15 7:36 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Lakers have signed guard Lou Williams, forward Brandon Bass and second-round draft pick Anthony Brown.
- NBA assistant coaches change roles at Summer Leagues Updated: Jul-09-15 6:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder was in the hallways of the arena Tuesday night, wrangling his two kids who both wanted to be picked up by daddy. Meanwhile, assistant coach Alex Jensen was meeting with the media after the team's second summer league game in Salt Lake City.
- Pelicans formalize contracts with Davis, 3 others Updated: Jul-09-15 1:08 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Pelicans All-Star Anthony Davis and three of his teammates have formally signed contracts to which they had verbally agreed to during the first week of the NBA's free agency period.
- Westbrook Frames launches Thunder shades Updated: Jul-09-15 12:39 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Westbrook Frames, co-owned by Thunder guard Russell Westbrook, has launched shades for his team.
- NC State juggles roster, coaching roles in bumpy offseason Updated: Jul-07-15 5:48 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina State headed into an offseason full of optimism. Things have been a bit bumpier than expected for coach Mark Gottfried.
- NBA fines Mark Cuban for free agency comments Updated: Jul-07-15 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA has fined Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban for commenting about the team's agreements with DeAndre Jordan and Wes Matthews during the league's free agent moratorium.
- Duke names 8 new trustees, including NBA commissioner Updated: Jul-07-15 11:09 am
DURHAM, North Carolina - NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and Apple CEO Tim Cook are among the eight new members of Duke University's board of trustees.
- Young veterans look to summer league to refine skills Updated: Jul-07-15 2:48 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The NBA summer leagues were created, in part, for players like Marcus Smart and Dante Exum. The first-round picks from the 2014 draft - Exum at No. 5 and Smart at No. 6 - were both considered talents that would need some refining. They finished their rookie seasons as starters, but combined they barely averaged 10 points.
- AP sources: Kings agree to deals with Rondo, Belinelli Updated: Jul-03-15 8:50 pm
After missing targets at the start of free agency, the Sacramento Kings finally filled out their backcourt Friday.