- Magic hire former player Scott Skiles as head coach Updated: May-29-15 8:26 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The next chapter in Orlando Magic basketball will be led by one of its most familiar faces.
- And now, we wait: Cavs and Warriors get time to rest Updated: May-28-15 8:21 pm
- Booed no more, Warriors owner relishing NBA Finals berth Updated: May-28-15 6:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - Wearing a black NBA Finals cap and white team T-shirt, Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob waved to a cheering crowd at Oracle Arena as confetti fell all around.
- Chicago Bulls fire coach Tom Thibodeau, cite lack of trust Updated: May-28-15 6:26 pm
CHICAGO - In five seasons under Tom Thibodeau, the Chicago Bulls soared to heights they had not reached since Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen were collecting championships.
- Warriors eliminate Rockets, end 40-year NBA Finals drought Updated: May-28-15 1:56 am
OAKLAND, California - After a generation of wishing and waiting, the Golden State Warriors have finally arrived on basketball's biggest stage again.
- Hawks point to bright future even after playoff rout by Cavs Updated: May-27-15 10:53 pm
ATLANTA - The season didn't end like they wanted.
- LeBron, Cavaliers earn NBA Finals spot by sweeping Hawks Updated: May-27-15 12:59 am
CLEVELAND - LeBron James knew what he left behind when he bolted to Miami five years ago.
- Rockets' Howard won't be suspended for Game 5 vs Warriors Updated: May-26-15 8:29 pm
- NBA MVP Curry OK after fall as Warriors lose to Rockets Updated: May-26-15 1:59 am
HOUSTON - When Golden State's Stephen Curry crashed into Trevor Ariza's shoulder, was upended and sent flying toward the court on Monday night against Houston, it felt like forever before he landed.
- Rockets respond to McHale's old-school coaching approach Updated: May-25-15 2:59 am
HOUSTON - Kevin McHale's stride is painful to watch.
- Isiah Thomas doesn't reject idea of eventual return to NBA Updated: May-22-15 2:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Isiah Thomas said he hasn't spoken with New York Knicks President Phil Jackson since joining the Liberty as a consultant in February.
- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs Updated: May-22-15 2:38 am
Those notable names of the past, the ones still insisting that NBA playoff offenses must pound the ball inside, have been awfully quiet this week.
- Curry, James unanimous selections to All-NBA first team Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's Stephen Curry, the league MVP, and LeBron James are the only unanimous selections to the All-NBA first team.
- Leonard, 2 Clippers on NBA's All-Defensive first team Updated: May-20-15 9:48 pm
- Warriors' Curry fined $5,000 for flop in Game 1 vs Rockets Updated: May-20-15 7:32 pm
- Iowa State fans nervous about losing Hoiberg Updated: May-20-15 5:50 pm
HUMBOLDT, Iowa - Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg is more than just a successful coach in the eyes of Cyclones fans.
- Paolo Maldini and others launching Miami FC club in NASL Updated: May-20-15 2:09 pm
Retired AC Milan standout Paolo Maldini and TV rights entrepreneur Riccardo Silva are launching the Miami Football Club in the North American Soccer League.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Timberwolves win draft lottery, Lakers move to No. 2 Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Timberwolves too often came to the NBA draft lottery and left in worse shape than they arrived.
- Utah Jazz receive No. 12 pick in NBA draft Updated: May-19-15 9:15 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz will have the No. 12 pick in the NBA draft.
- Thunder G Westbrook wins NBA Cares award Updated: May-19-15 8:39 pm
- Former NBA player Julius Hodge joins Buffalo staff Updated: May-18-15 7:20 pm
BUFFALO, New York - From NBA first-round draft pick to playing in Vietnam and many points in between, Julius Hodge is prepared to start his post-professional basketball career at the University at Buffalo.
- Expansion soccer team plans $250 million Los Angeles stadium Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Major League Soccer's expansion Los Angeles Football Club plans to build a $250 million stadium on the site of the old Sports Arena next to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Timberwolves' Wiggins, LaVine on All-Rookie teams Updated: May-18-15 2:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's Andrew Wiggins has pulled down another honor with a spot on the NBA's All-Rookie first team.
- Warriors coach Steve Kerr coming through in playoffs again Updated: May-17-15 9:03 pm
OAKLAND, California - With the stakes high and fans ready to question and critique every move, Steve Kerr knew he'd be in the spotlight no matter how things played out this postseason.