- Young veterans look to summer league to refine skills Updated: Jul-07-15 2:48 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The NBA summer leagues were created, in part, for players like Marcus Smart and Dante Exum. The first-round picks from the 2014 draft - Exum at No. 5 and Smart at No. 6 - were both considered talents that would need some refining. They finished their rookie seasons as starters, but combined they barely averaged 10 points.
- AP Source: Marc Gasol re-ups with Grizzlies for max deal Updated: Jul-06-15 6:02 pm
Through seven years in Memphis, Marc Gasol has embodied the Grizzlies' "Grit-n-Grind" mantra as much as anyone. So when it finally game time for Gasol to hit the open market, it was no surprise that no other team had a chance.
- LaMarcus Aldridge chooses the San Antonio Spurs Updated: Jul-04-15 5:32 pm
LaMarcus Aldridge got the answers he needed from the San Antonio Spurs.
- AP sources: Kings agree to deals with Rondo, Belinelli Updated: Jul-03-15 8:50 pm
After missing targets at the start of free agency, the Sacramento Kings finally filled out their backcourt Friday.
- NBA transitions from free agency fury to summer league games Updated: Jul-03-15 3:28 pm
NBA teams are now turning their attention to youngsters and player development with summer leagues set to tip off after executives and owners around the league agreed to shell out millions of dollars to veteran free agents this week in an attempt to improve their immediate lot.
- AP Source: Suns send 3 to Detroit for pick Updated: Jul-03-15 1:35 am
- Vasquez embracing fresh start with Bucks Updated: Jul-02-15 7:12 pm
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - Greivis Vasquez always thought he might end up in Milwaukee. It just took a little longer than he anticipated.
- Magic taking slow approach with 5th overall pick Hezonja Updated: Jul-02-15 4:27 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - If Orlando Magic draft pick Mario Hezonja had it his way he'd hop headfirst into the NBA fire.
- AP Source: Bulls reach 5-year, $90M deal with Jimmy Butler Updated: Jul-01-15 4:55 pm
CHICAGO - Jimmy Butler bet on himself and won big.
- Stephen Curry overtakes LeBron James for NBA's top jersey Updated: Jun-30-15 2:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry has surpassed LeBron James for the most popular jersey in the NBA.
- Thunder deal Luke Ridnour, his 4th trade in less than a week Updated: Jun-30-15 1:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Luke Ridnour may be in need of a rest - or a good travel agent - after being traded for the fourth time in less than a week.
- Budenholzer hopes Hardaway helps Hawks keep Millsap, Carroll Updated: Jun-29-15 6:50 pm
ATLANTA - Now that he's added Tim Hardaway Jr., Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer has narrowed his focus on re-signing All-Star forward Paul Millsap and starting guard DeMarre Carroll.
- New coaches, talented freshmen to add intrigue to SEC hoops Updated: Jun-29-15 4:59 pm
Southeastern Conference basketball coaches are confident their league won't take a step back in the post-Billy Donovan era.
- Athletes adjusting to cameras all over arenas, stadiums Updated: Jun-29-15 3:09 am
When LeBron James pulls into the parking lot at Quicken Loans Arena, there are cameras waiting.
- Murray State's Cameron Payne, Oklahoma City seem a good fit Updated: Jun-27-15 5:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - In an NBA draft full of stars from the likes of Kentucky, Duke and Wisconsin, Cameron Payne's pedigree enticed the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Nance shocked at being drafted in first round Updated: Jun-27-15 2:32 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The first moment that former University of Wyoming basketball player Larry Nance Jr. knew he was drafted was the same moment everyone else knew.
- Nuggets pick Mudiay ready to step into lineup Updated: Jun-26-15 8:46 pm
DENVER - Emmanuel Mudiay says he's ready to step into the Denver Nuggets' lineup and help lead the franchise to its first championship.
- Harvey Pollack remembered fondly at funeral Updated: Jun-26-15 5:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Hundreds of mourners packed a Philadelphia funeral home Friday to honor Harvey Pollack, the longtime NBA employee and statistics icon who died Tuesday at the age of 93.
- Wizards rookie Oubre filled with confidence Updated: Jun-26-15 5:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Basketball fans are enamored with the idea of native son Kevin Durant playing for the Washington Wizards starting in 2016. Starting this fall, Kelly Oubre Jr. begins his rookie campaign in Washington as a draft-day trade landed the Kansas product with the Wizards.
- Knicks hope turnaround starts with 7-foot newcomer Porzingis Updated: Jun-26-15 2:32 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - The New York Knicks were midway through a miserable season when Phil Jackson received a text that started shaping their future.
- Big nights for the biggest markets in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 2:53 am
NEW YORK - From coast to coast, the NBA draft was a big night for the biggest markets.
- Blazers select forward Hollis-Jefferson, trade him Updated: Jun-26-15 2:05 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Trail Blazers continued a retooling of their roster Thursday night when they selected Arizona forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson with the 23rd pick of the NBA draft then sent him to Brooklyn as part of a four-player deal.
- Nuggets select guard Mudiay 7th in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:52 am
DENVER - Denver Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly failed in several attempts to watch Emmanuel Mudiay play in person.
- Clippers end up with 56th pick, tab Branden Dawson Updated: Jun-26-15 1:47 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Clippers began the day without a pick in the NBA draft, but they got one anyway. They paid the New Orleans Pelicans for the 56th pick, then selected Michigan State forward Branden Dawson late Thursday night.
- Thunder take Cameron Payne with No. 14 pick in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 1:44 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Cameron Payne can't wait to challenge Russell Westbrook.