- Impact Hack-a-Someone tactic having on NBA is growing issue Updated: Feb-10-16 3:53 pm
MIAMI - San Antonio's first play of the 2008-09 season was designed and executed perfectly. Spurs' center Tim Duncan didn't bother jumping for the opening tap, conceding it to Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal. Five seconds later, Michael Finley wrapped his arms around O'Neal for an intentional foul.
- Wall has to work for recognition among top NBA point guards Updated: Feb-10-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Fresh off scoring 51 points against the Washington Wizards, reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry praised John Wall, who dropped a quiet 41 against the Warriors.
- Whiteside remains an enigma, and ejection won't help Updated: Feb-10-16 12:35 pm
MIAMI - Hassan Whiteside leads the NBA in blocked shots, ranks fifth league-wide in rebounds per game and has all three of Miami's triple-doubles this season.
- NBA reviewing if jump-on-back foul should be flagrant Updated: Feb-07-16 2:43 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA is reviewing whether the act of jumping on a player's back to intentionally foul him should be interpreted as a flagrant foul.
- NBA All-Star weekend: A primer on what to watch in Toronto Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 am
Hockey and Toronto are synonymous, with the sport's Hall of Fame being housed there and the Maple Leafs being one of the NHL's "Original Six" franchises. And sports like baseball, rugby, yachting and curling all have history in the city going back to the 19th century.
- Obama salutes NBA champs at White House Updated: Feb-04-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - A basketball enthusiast, President Barack Obama applauded the Golden State Warriors on Thursday and marveled at how they are revolutionizing professional basketball with what he described as a "small-ball nuclear lineup" that specializes in great shooting and passing.
- Essentials: Toronto, from what's new to classic attractions Updated: Feb-04-16 12:37 pm
TORONTO - Grab your toque (what Canadians call a wool hat) and get your game face on if you're heading for the NBA All-Star Game in the 6ix -a term coined by rapper Drake, Toronto's unofficial ambassador, for his hometown.
- Clippers waiting on results of NBA's Griffin inquiry Updated: Feb-02-16 7:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Clippers will decide whether Blake Griffin joins them for the team's upcoming road trip after the NBA announces the results of its investigation of the star forward's punching of an assistant equipment manager.
- NBA suspends Rockets' Dwight Howard for Miami game Updated: Feb-02-16 2:38 pm
HOUSTON - The NBA suspended Rockets center Dwight Howard for Tuesday night's game against Miami for touching an official during a loss over the weekend.
- Green, Thompson picked, giving Warriors 3 NBA All-Stars Updated: Jan-29-16 1:50 am
NEW YORK - Draymond Green and Klay Thompson were picked Thursday for the Western Conference team, giving the NBA champion Golden State Warriors three All-Stars for the first time in 40 years.
- Spurs' Popovich to coach West in NBA All-Star Game Updated: Jan-27-16 10:11 pm
NEW YORK - San Antonio's Gregg Popovich will coach the NBA's West All-Stars, even though Golden State has the best record in the conference.
- Cavs' Lue clinches All-Star spot after just 3 games Updated: Jan-27-16 9:58 pm
NEW YORK - Just three games in and Tyronn Lue is already an All-Star coach.
- Wolves' Wiggins and Towns, Knicks' Porzingis in Rising Stars Updated: Jan-27-16 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves will play on opposite teams in the Rising Stars Challenge at NBA All-Star weekend.
- LeBron says criticism he undermines coaches is unfair Updated: Jan-27-16 2:41 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James disdains the notion he's a coach killer.
- Smith, Covington lift suddenly decent 76ers past Phoenix Updated: Jan-26-16 10:51 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Nicki Minaj took a seat near the 76ers' bench and watched the worst team in the NBA hit the top of the scoring chart.
- Spurs-Warriors matchup sets NBA TV viewing record Updated: Jan-26-16 7:57 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's victory over San Antonio in a showdown of the league's top teams was the most-watched telecast ever on NBA TV.
- Rebuilding Bradley looks abroad for help Updated: Jan-26-16 9:07 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Practice is no problem. Luuk van Bree, Callum Barker, Dwayne Lautier-Ogunleye and Joel Okafor are used to the training that goes along with playing hoops at a high level.
- Cousins scores 56, sets Sacramento record in double-OT loss Updated: Jan-26-16 3:34 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The only thing that stopped DeMarcus Cousins from scoring on Monday night was his sixth foul.
- Seton Hall star and Hall of Famer Bobby Wanzer dies at 94 Updated: Jan-25-16 1:14 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - Hall of Famer Bobby Wanzer, who starred at point guard for Seton Hall in the 1940s and led the Rochester Royals to their only NBA championship, has died.
- Spurs' quiet star Kawhi Leonard ready for Curry, Warriors Updated: Jan-24-16 3:59 pm
SAN ANTONIO - On a team that prides itself on humility, efficiency and selflessness, Kawhi Leonard is the most Spur-like of them all.
- Storm pushes back Sunday's Thunder-Nets game by 4 hours Updated: Jan-24-16 9:55 am
- Israeli NBA fans turn on Cavs after favorite son Blatt fired Updated: Jan-23-16 2:52 pm
TEL AVIV, Israel - The Cleveland Cavaliers suddenly have far fewer fans in Israel after the firing of David Blatt.
- Turnover: LeBron drops another coach as Cavs fire Blatt Updated: Jan-23-16 3:18 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - There's no debating LeBron James' greatness. That's a slam dunk.
- With Kerr back, NBA reviewing who will coach West All-Stars Updated: Jan-22-16 11:31 pm
NEW YORK - With Steve Kerr back on the Golden State bench, the NBA is trying to determine who will coach the Western Conference All-Stars.
- East-leading Cavs fire David Blatt as coach in second season Updated: Jan-22-16 9:58 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Even after wins, and there were a bunch of them, the Cavaliers didn't celebrate. Everything was too easy for them, way too easy.