- Rockets respond to McHale's old-school coaching approach Updated: May-25-15 2:59 am
HOUSTON - Kevin McHale's stride is painful to watch.
- Curry, Golden State rout Houston 115-80 to take 3-0 lead Updated: May-24-15 1:17 am
HOUSTON - Golden State coach Steve Kerr described Stephen Curry's performance Saturday night simply.
- Isiah Thomas doesn't reject idea of eventual return to NBA Updated: May-22-15 2:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Isiah Thomas said he hasn't spoken with New York Knicks President Phil Jackson since joining the Liberty as a consultant in February.
- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs Updated: May-22-15 2:38 am
Those notable names of the past, the ones still insisting that NBA playoff offenses must pound the ball inside, have been awfully quiet this week.
- Curry, James unanimous selections to All-NBA first team Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's Stephen Curry, the league MVP, and LeBron James are the only unanimous selections to the All-NBA first team.
- Leonard, 2 Clippers on NBA's All-Defensive first team Updated: May-20-15 9:48 pm
- Warriors' Curry fined $5,000 for flop in Game 1 vs Rockets Updated: May-20-15 7:32 pm
- Iowa State fans nervous about losing Hoiberg Updated: May-20-15 5:50 pm
HUMBOLDT, Iowa - Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg is more than just a successful coach in the eyes of Cyclones fans.
- Paolo Maldini and others launching Miami FC club in NASL Updated: May-20-15 2:09 pm
Retired AC Milan standout Paolo Maldini and TV rights entrepreneur Riccardo Silva are launching the Miami Football Club in the North American Soccer League.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Timberwolves win draft lottery, Lakers move to No. 2 Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Timberwolves too often came to the NBA draft lottery and left in worse shape than they arrived.
- Utah Jazz receive No. 12 pick in NBA draft Updated: May-19-15 9:15 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz will have the No. 12 pick in the NBA draft.
- Thunder G Westbrook wins NBA Cares award Updated: May-19-15 8:39 pm
- Former NBA player Julius Hodge joins Buffalo staff Updated: May-18-15 7:20 pm
BUFFALO, New York - From NBA first-round draft pick to playing in Vietnam and many points in between, Julius Hodge is prepared to start his post-professional basketball career at the University at Buffalo.
- Expansion soccer team plans $250 million Los Angeles stadium Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Major League Soccer's expansion Los Angeles Football Club plans to build a $250 million stadium on the site of the old Sports Arena next to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Timberwolves' Wiggins, LaVine on All-Rookie teams Updated: May-18-15 2:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's Andrew Wiggins has pulled down another honor with a spot on the NBA's All-Rookie first team.
- Warriors coach Steve Kerr coming through in playoffs again Updated: May-17-15 9:03 pm
OAKLAND, California - With the stakes high and fans ready to question and critique every move, Steve Kerr knew he'd be in the spotlight no matter how things played out this postseason.
- No longer just a dunker, Griffin emerges as playoff star Updated: May-16-15 11:02 am
LOS ANGELES - Every NBA fan knows Blake Griffin, resident dunk-monster of Lob City. His one-handed jams have been fodder for highlight reels since his pro career began five years ago.
- No giddiness from Doc Rivers and son Austin after big game Updated: May-09-15 11:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Doc Rivers spares no one on the Clippers, including son Austin. So when the young guard had the biggest game of his young career, it might have been heartwarming to everyone else, but it was just business to the only coach-father and son duo in NBA history.
- Clippers' Glen Davis fined $5,000 for flop vs Rockets Updated: May-09-15 4:35 pm
- NBA fines Clippers' Barnes, Bulls' Noah Updated: May-08-15 9:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes was fined $50,000 by the NBA on Friday for directing inappropriate language at a courtside fan who turned out to be Houston star James Harden's mother.
- NBA: Most exclusive club when it comes to winning titles Updated: May-08-15 7:36 pm
The NBA could crown a first-time champion this year.
- 'Holdout' now almost unknown for NFL rookies Updated: May-08-15 4:38 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - As the days ticked down toward the first rookie minicamp for the Minnesota Vikings, executive vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski worked feverishly with one goal in mind.
- Breaking down some numbers from the NBA Playoffs Updated: May-08-15 10:18 am
A look inside the numbers of the NBA playoffs, as the conference semifinals resume Friday night with Cleveland at Chicago and Houston at the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Seattle arena can move forward after environmental review Updated: May-07-15 8:00 pm
SEATTLE - The hopes of bringing the NBA back to Seattle and adding an NHL team passed a significant milestone Thursday when a final environmental impact statement found no major issues to block a projected new multipurpose arena in Seattle's stadium district.