- Rogers buys naming rights to Oilers' future home Updated: Dec-03-13 4:50 pm
- US Hockey Hall of Fame inducts Weight and Guerin Updated: Dec-03-13 12:39 am
- Red Wings sign Ericsson to $25.5M, 6-year contract Updated: Nov-27-13 1:56 pm
- NFL, NHL concussion cases are not the same Updated: Nov-26-13 7:36 pm
- Column: Fighting hurts both sides in NHL lawsuit Updated: Nov-26-13 5:42 pm
- APNewsBreak: Ex-NHLers sue league on concussions Updated: Nov-25-13 6:18 pm
- Forbes: Maple Leafs worth NHL-high $1.15 billion Updated: Nov-25-13 5:30 pm
- Lightning, Avs and Blues among NHL notables so far Updated: Nov-21-13 6:08 pm
- NHL blocks Sabres' bid to send Grigorenko to AHL Updated: Nov-20-13 2:44 pm
- NHL TV series to chronicle teams in outdoor games Updated: Nov-19-13 4:04 pm
- Ovechkin gets 2 to tie Steen; Caps top Blues 4-1 Updated: Nov-17-13 10:05 pm
- Gaborik to miss 4-6 weeks with sprained knee Updated: Nov-15-13 5:11 pm
- Cup failure means failing grade for Leonsis, Caps Updated: Nov-12-13 6:26 pm
- Shanahan still carving place in NHL history Updated: Nov-11-13 5:31 pm
- Ducks improve to 15-3-1 with 3-1 win over Canucks Updated: Nov-11-13 12:33 am
- Ducks stay atop NHL with 5-2 win over Coyotes Updated: Nov-07-13 1:39 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Rogers Communications has bought the naming rights to the future home of the Edmonton Oilers, expanding its already wide reach in Canadian professional sports.
DETROIT - Doug Weight recalled his father putting him on skates at the age of 2 because he could barely walk due to a childhood condition that relegated him to wearing braces on his legs.
Three months after the NFL agreed on a $765 million settlement with thousands of ex-players for concussion-related health problems, a group of their NHL peers is going to court, too.
For a preview of what evidence on Day 1 of an NHL concussions trial might look like, head over to YouTube, type in "NHL brawls" and take your pick of any of the 481,000 choices offered there.
WASHINGTON - Ten former National Hockey League players, including All-Star defenseman Gary Leeman, claimed in a class-action lawsuit that the league hasn't done enough to protect players from concussions.
NEW YORK - Three of the NHL's top five most valuable teams are based in Canada for the first time since Forbes started tracking the value of teams in the league 15 years ago.
The NHL's regular season is roughly one-fourth finished, flying perhaps under the radar with most sports fans fixated on the NFL and others focusing on the NBA, college football and basketball.
BUFFALO, New York - Sabres center Mikhail Grigorenko was back in Buffalo on Wednesday after the NHL blocked the team's attempt to send the rookie to the minors on a two-week conditioning assignment.
NEW YORK - The NHL and its network partners are joining forces to provide more behind-the-scenes coverage before and after the expanded outdoor games, along with unprecedented access when star players head to Sochi for the Olympics.
WASHINGTON - Ovechkin once. Ovechkin twice. Steen not at all.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus Blue Jackets right wing Marian Gaborik will miss four to six weeks because of a sprained left knee.
WASHINGTON - Ted Leonsis doesn't believe he's getting it done, at least not where it counts the most.
TORONTO - It's a ritual of Hockey Hall of Fame induction weekend for members of the selection committee to read the plaques of incoming members.
ANAHEIM, California - This season is beginning to resemble 2006-07 for All-Star forward Corey Perry, one of five Anaheim Ducks holdovers who helped them win their only Stanley Cup title seven years ago.
ANAHEIM, California - For the first 8 minutes of the Ducks' return to Anaheim, coach Bruce Boudreau thought he saw the residual effects of an eight-game, 15-day road trip.