- AP Source: Sabres interview ex-Penguins coach Dan Bylsma Updated: May-27-15 11:39 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Former Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma's interview for the Buffalo Sabres' vacancy extended into Wednesday night, though a deal had not been reached.
- Blues retain Ken Hitchcock as coach for another season Updated: May-26-15 6:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - After careful deliberation, the St. Louis Blues are sticking with veteran coach Ken Hitchcock for another season.
- Fetisov wants to ban young Russians from going to NHL Updated: May-22-15 10:08 am
MOSCOW - Former Detroit Red Wings star Slava Fetisov has called for Russia to reintroduce Soviet-style restrictions to prevent promising young hockey players from moving to the NHL.
- NHL salary cap will climb to $71 million next season Updated: May-21-15 10:02 pm
CHICAGO - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman expects the salary cap for the 2015-16 season to settle in around $71 million, depending on the fluctuations of the Canadian dollar.
- Penguins GM: Dan Bylsma free to pursue any coaching job Updated: May-21-15 7:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Former Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma is free to take any job opening, including the Buffalo Sabres' vacancy.
- KHL looks to expand into China Updated: May-21-15 6:39 am
MOSCOW - The Kontinental Hockey League wants to expand into China, hoping to use a successful Chinese Winter Olympic bid to conquer the vast market.
- AP source: Buffalo Sabres out of running for Mike Babcock Updated: May-20-15 2:21 pm
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- AP source: Babcock in contract talks with Buffalo Sabres Updated: May-19-15 5:12 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Though a deal has not been completed, Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock had negotiations with the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday regarding the possibility of becoming their next head coach.
- Man who scammed NHL pleads guilty to forgery charges in Ohio Updated: May-19-15 5:11 pm
CLEVELAND - A man who once conned the National Hockey League into thinking he was a wealthy entrepreneur well-qualified to buy one of the league's most storied franchises has been convicted of another scam.
- Wide array of experience in NHL conference finals Updated: May-16-15 4:14 pm
CHICAGO - When Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen made his NHL debut in 1998, Ducks defenseman Hampus Lindholm was 4 years old. Rangers forward Martin St. Louis had played in 1,154 games when forward Jonathan Drouin logged his first appearance with the Lightning in October.
- Russia's Putin plays with NHL veterans, scoring 8 goals Updated: May-16-15 2:59 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has played in an exhibition hockey game and scored one goal after another on assists from retired NHL players.
- Lightning a reminder southern hockey continues to thrive Updated: May-15-15 5:03 pm
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - About the time a new champion hoists the Stanley Cup, players from Canada, Latvia and Hungary will gather in Tennessee for four days to showcase their hockey talent for college coaches and junior league teams.
- Protecting home ice could decide NHL's conference finals Updated: May-14-15 8:39 pm
- Rangers head to NHL conference finals to face Lightning Updated: May-14-15 2:51 am
NEW YORK - It would seem there are two certainties ahead for the New York Rangers.
- Ducks coach Boudreau finally gets his playoff redemption Updated: May-12-15 8:05 pm
- Chris Kreider leading Rangers' comeback vs. Capitals Updated: May-12-15 3:29 am
- Seattle arena can move forward after environmental review Updated: May-07-15 8:00 pm
SEATTLE - The hopes of bringing the NBA back to Seattle and adding an NHL team passed a significant milestone Thursday when a final environmental impact statement found no major issues to block a projected new multipurpose arena in Seattle's stadium district.
- Faceoffs can provide a big lift in the NHL playoffs Updated: May-01-15 2:11 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks were down by one in the final seconds of the first period when Brad Richards approached the faceoff circle on the right side of Nashville goaltender Pekka Rinne. The veteran center made a small motion to Duncan Keith to move up to his left side, and then got ready for the draw.
- Police: Michigan woman tried to set Lightning flag on fire Updated: Apr-30-15 10:05 am
- Red Wings disagree with Kronwall suspension Updated: Apr-29-15 4:46 pm
- Mayor expresses support for sports arena in Seattle suburb Updated: Apr-28-15 8:38 pm
TUKWILA, Washington - The mayor of the Seattle suburb of Tukwila has sent letters to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver expressing his support for a proposed new multipurpose arena that could house franchises for both leagues.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."
- New York Islanders are Brooklyn-bound following Game 7 loss Updated: Apr-28-15 4:59 pm
It's time for the New York Islanders to lower the Hall of Fame and Stanley Cup banners from the rafters, and pack up their pucks and sticks.