- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists Updated: May-01-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - Florida's Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh's Pascal Dupuis and the New York Rangers' Mats Zuccarello are the finalists for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy as the NHL player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Ducks face changes when slow starts finally catch up to them Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks began the season by falling far behind in the standings.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Updated: Apr-26-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended by the NHL for three games for a high hit on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie.
- Blackhawks positioned for more success next season Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
CHICAGO - No June hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks this year. Heck, even May is a blank slate.
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Updated: Apr-25-16 3:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Just as it has in every season since winning it all in 1975, Philadelphia heads home without a Stanley Cup.
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- No Canada: NHL playoff ratings plummet north of the border Updated: Apr-22-16 10:46 pm
With NHL playoff viewership down nearly two-thirds across Canada, the television executive who committed Toronto-based Sportsnet to a 12-year, multibillion-dollar broadcasting rights agreement joked how glad he was to have a third-floor office.
- Red Wings follow refrain, make brief appearance in playoffs Updated: Apr-22-16 6:58 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have developed a pattern of consistency, and that's not necessarily a good thing.
- Hats over rats: NHL commish on what fans can throw on ice Updated: Apr-22-16 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - Attention, Florida Panthers fans: Throwing those toy rats on the ice during a game means drawing the ire of NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
- Hakstol's success opens NHL door to more college coaches Updated: Apr-21-16 4:53 pm
When the Philadelphia Flyers hired Dave Hakstol as coach last summer, T.J. Oshie was surprised.
- Flyers founder Ed Snider remembered for love of the game Updated: Apr-21-16 4:45 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ed Snider once kicked Donald Trump out of a suite during a playoff game.
- Predators sign forward Adam Payerl to one-year contract Updated: Apr-21-16 2:49 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have signed forward Adam Payerl to a one-year contract.
- Rats, Octopi and sharks! NHL needs pest control for playoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rats! And Octopi. Even a lifeless shark.
- Phoenix mayor wants shared arena for Suns, Coyotes Updated: Apr-19-16 5:47 pm
- Challenge system takes center stage in NHL playoffs Updated: Apr-18-16 7:31 pm
- Photo Gallery: NBA to sell ads on jerseys Updated: Apr-15-16 6:32 pm
For Sale By Owners: a valuable patch of basketball real estate on television every night.
- NBA to begin selling jersey sponsorships in 2017-18 Updated: Apr-15-16 5:28 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA will begin putting sponsorship logos on player uniforms in 2017-18, a move that could generate at least $100 million annually and a step that the NFL, Major League Baseball and NHL have yet to take.
- Ducks top NHL on power play, penalty kill, overall defense Updated: Apr-13-16 7:46 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The NHL's stingiest defensive team also had the best power play and the best penalty kill this season.
- Playoff teams needing crucial points find offense on defense Updated: Apr-13-16 4:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Come the postseason, NHL teams need as much scoring as they can get. The Nashville Predators are ready to lean, yet again, on their defense for a little help in that department.
- NHL's "Ironmen" ready to carry heavy load in playoffs Updated: Apr-13-16 12:24 pm
The real test of Kris Letang's relentless stamina doesn't come in the Pittsburgh Penguins dressing room after a long game. When he logs the kind of ice time that looks like a typo on the stat sheet, the big challenge comes the next morning, when his young son Alex hops into bed ready for dad to get up and play.
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Updated: Apr-13-16 2:38 am
The NHL has once before made a significant change to its rookie of the year rules by establishing an age limit after 31-year-old Sergei Makarov won the Calder Trophy in 1990.
- High-profile injuries around NHL muddle playoff landscape Updated: Apr-12-16 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The defending Eastern Conference Tampa Bay Lightning are a lot more uneasy going into the playoffs than they were a year ago. Not having Steven Stamkos and Anton Stralman can do that.