- Planned Parenthood shooting: Domestic terrorism? It's knotty Updated: Dec-01-15 8:01 pm
WASHINGTON - The man accused of killing three people at a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic brought several guns, ammunition and propane tanks that officials say he assembled around a car.
- Planned Parenthood sues Idaho over abortion laws Updated: Dec-01-15 5:47 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Planned Parenthood has filed a federal lawsuit seeking to overturn recently passed Idaho laws that ban women from receiving abortion-inducing medication through telemedicine.
- Obama says he hopes shooting at Colorado clinic spurs action Updated: Dec-01-15 5:08 pm
PARIS - President Barack Obama said Tuesday he hopes the shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado spurs conversation and action on deterring gun violence.
- DHEC pursuing higher inspection fees for abortion clinics Updated: Dec-01-15 4:53 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Abortion clinics in South Carolina could pay hundreds more annually for inspections, as the state's public health agency seeks to make fees cover its costs.
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Dec-01-15 1:27 pm
Star Tribune, Nov. 30
- Recent Missouri Editorials Updated: Dec-01-15 12:43 pm
The Kansas City Star, Nov. 25
- GOP leader defends House Planned Parenthood investigation Updated: Nov-30-15 7:27 pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican congressional leader on Monday defended a House investigation of Planned Parenthood's provision of fetal tissue to researchers, offering no suggestion that last week's shooting deaths at one of the group's clinics will cause the GOP to retreat from that probe.
- Judge blocks Missouri from pulling clinic's abortion license Updated: Nov-30-15 6:39 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A judge on Monday temporarily blocked Missouri's health department from revoking the abortion license held by a Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia as its physician loses hospital privileges required under state law.
- Florida investigators: Planned Parenthood didn't sell organs Updated: Nov-30-15 6:21 pm
MIAMI - State investigators say there's no evidence Planned Parenthood in Florida purchased or sold human organs or tissue.
- Alabama ends effort to cut off funds to Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-30-15 5:24 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama on Monday gave up its effort to cut off Medicaid funds to Planned Parenthood clinics after the state lost an initial round in federal court.
- McCarthy predicts no gov't shutdown over Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-30-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - A top House leader predicted Monday that Washington will avoid stumbling into a government shutdown next week over a tea party-backed drive to take away Planned Parenthood's funding.
- Planned Parenthood: Long a lightning rod in US culture wars Updated: Nov-29-15 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - As a leading defender of abortion rights and comprehensive sex education, Planned Parenthood deals daily with some of America's most contentious issues, and is well accustomed to receiving verbal threats.
- NY state police to aid Planned Parenthood safety planning Updated: Nov-28-15 5:47 pm
NEW YORK - New York state troopers are advising Planned Parenthood clinics statewide on security and emergency planning in the wake of Friday's deadly attack at a clinic in Colorado.
- Governor's race brings new scrutiny to Executive Council Updated: Nov-28-15 1:09 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Executive Council - a political body that does much of its work outside of the spotlight - is poised to face new scrutiny as the 2016 election nears.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Missouri down to 1 abortion clinic after Columbia stops them Updated: Nov-24-15 7:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia has stopped performing abortions, leaving only one clinic in the state still offering them.
- Federal court rules Wisconsin abortion law unconstitutional Updated: Nov-23-15 6:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin law that requires abortion providers to get admitting privileges at nearby hospitals is unconstitutional, a federal appeals court panel ruled Monday.
- Planned Parenthood sues Texas over blocked Medicaid dollars Updated: Nov-23-15 5:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Planned Parenthood sued again Monday over efforts by Republican governors to block Medicaid funding to the nation's largest abortion provider, this time against Texas, where the organization says health care access to 13,500 women is on the line.
- Ohio lawmaker lodges protest over Planned Parenthood debate Updated: Nov-20-15 5:24 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Democratic state lawmaker has formally complained that she was not recognized to speak during House debate on defunding Planned Parenthood.
- Both sides pressure Mizzou over Planned Parenthood ties Updated: Nov-20-15 2:48 pm
- Oklahoma governor seeks end of Planned Parenthood contracts Updated: Nov-19-15 5:46 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin is urging the state's Medicaid provider to cancel its contracts with two Planned Parenthood affiliates, citing what she called a "high rate of billing errors."
- Utah lawmakers planning bill to defund Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-18-15 6:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two Utah lawmakers said Wednesday they're planning to propose legislation that would defund Planned Parenthood in the state and restrict late-term abortions.
- Planned Parenthood clinic can reapply for privileges Updated: Nov-18-15 12:20 am
- Court won't hear case over grant to Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-16-15 9:39 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has rejected an anti-abortion group's bid to force disclosure of confidential Planned Parenthood and federal government records about a contract for family planning services in New Hampshire.
- Missouri senator objects to study on abortion waiting period Updated: Nov-06-15 2:15 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Republican state lawmaker has raised objections to a study about a Missouri law that requires a 72-hour waiting period for abortions.