- Planned Parenthood responds to Oregon Republicans Updated: Oct-08-15 2:04 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Planned Parenthood of the Columbia Willamette is reimbursed for expenses, but does not profit from the collection of tissue after abortions, according to its president and CEO.
- All major governor candidates highlight abortion opposition Updated: Oct-08-15 12:03 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Abortion rights supporters who want to make the procedure easier to obtain in Louisiana can count on getting zero support from the state's next governor.
- House election: Republicans challenge McCarthy for speaker Updated: Oct-08-15 10:12 am
WASHINGTON - House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy is the front-runner in the race to become the next speaker, but he faces two Republican opponents who are trying to draw some of his support.
- House Roll Call: a special panel on Planned Parenthood Updated: Oct-07-15 6:39 pm
The 242-184 roll call Wednesday by which the House created a special panel to investigate Planned Parenthood and its procurement of fetal tissue.
- House OKs special panel to probe Planned Parenthood Updated: Oct-07-15 5:38 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-led House voted Wednesday to create a special panel to investigate Planned Parenthood and its procurement of fetal tissue as the GOP continued pressing an issue that has galvanized conservatives since secret videos surfaced this summer.
- Planned Parenthood asks judge to expand Arkansas case Updated: Oct-06-15 12:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Planned Parenthood has asked a federal judge to expand a ruling that temporarily blocked Arkansas from cutting off Medicaid payments for three patients after the state canceled the organization's contract amid controversy over videos secretly recorded by an anti-abortion group.
- Ohio House panel begins review of 2 abortion-related bills Updated: Oct-06-15 3:16 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio House committee is reviewing bills to restrict Planned Parenthood money and ban abortions after 20 weeks' gestation.
- New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan to run for US Senate Updated: Oct-05-15 5:37 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan announced Monday she would challenge Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte, setting the stage for a highly competitive race that will be critical in determining majority control of the Senate in the next president's first year.
- Branstad reiterates he cannot cut Planned Parenthood funding Updated: Oct-05-15 12:23 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has reiterated he does not have the legal authority to stop a Planned Parenthood affiliate in Iowa from receiving state funding, despite public calls to do so from presidential hopeful Bobby Jindal and others.
- Utah to send Planned Parenthood federal funds through 2015 Updated: Oct-02-15 1:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah says it will continue sending federal money to the state's Planned Parenthood organization through the end of the year.
- Board postpones vote on another Planned Parenthood review Updated: Oct-01-15 6:51 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's Legislative Audit Council postponed voting Thursday on whether to launch another state investigation into Planned Parenthood.
- Maine Democrats respond to GOP attack on Planned Parenthood Updated: Oct-01-15 5:51 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democratic leaders say they will fight Republican attacks against Planned Parenthood.
- Conservative group pushes Scott on Planned Parenthood money Updated: Oct-01-15 3:18 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott has signed new laws that make it harder for minors to get abortions, require an ultrasound before the procedure and force women to wait 24 hours before ending a pregnancy. He also ordered a state agency to investigate 16 Planned Parenthood clinics that provide abortions.
- New Hampshire's Ayotte plays foil to Ted Cruz Updated: Sep-30-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is boldly taking on a role most of her fellow Republicans have been unwilling to bear: public foil to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Recent Missouri Editorials Updated: Sep-29-15 5:23 pm
Kansas City Star, Sept. 25
- Judge sides with Planned Parenthood in lawsuit against Utah Updated: Sep-29-15 3:39 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge on Tuesday blocked an order issued by Utah Gov. Gary Herbert to cut off federal money going to Planned Parenthood in the state after the release of secretly recorded videos by a California anti-abortion group.
- Maryland lawmakers call on Hogan to fund Planned Parenthood Updated: Sep-29-15 3:31 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Democrats on Tuesday called on Republican Gov. Larry Hogan to commit to funding Planned Parenthood of Maryland in his next budget proposal, as Democrats and Republicans in Washington debate Planned Parenthood funding in Congress.
- Supporters of Planned Parenthood to gather at State House Updated: Sep-29-15 4:06 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Planned Parenthood of Northern New England patients and supporters plan to gather at the New Hampshire State House as part of a national show of support for its services as members of Congress fight over its funding.
- Missouri AG: No evidence St. Louis clinic sells fetal tissue Updated: Sep-28-15 7:04 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - An investigation found "no evidence whatsoever" that Missouri's only surgical abortion facility sells fetal remains, Attorney General Chris Koster said Monday, marking the latest response to a heated national debate over Planned Parenthood's handling of fetal tissue.
- Quick-moving fetal tissue bill goes to N. Carolina governor Updated: Sep-28-15 5:05 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina legislators plan to make it illegal law to sell the remains of aborted fetuses in the state.
- GOP religious conservatives channeling anger toward victory Updated: Sep-27-15 5:11 am
WASHINGTON - Religious activists in the Republican Party, bolstered by House Speaker John Boehner's sudden exit, say the next GOP presidential nominee must share their uncompromising stance on abortion rights, gay marriage and other priorities to get to the White House.
- Boehner's resignation prompts cheers among GOP's right wing Updated: Sep-26-15 2:49 am
WASHINGTON - The news of House Speaker John Boehner's resignation brought hundreds of religious conservatives to their feet to cheer - and one after another, much of the Republican Party's presidential class joined in their rejoicing.
- Boehner to leave as Congress confronts intractable issues Updated: Sep-26-15 2:36 am
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner says he had planned to resign at the end of last year but stayed on because he feared a leadership shakeup would create too much turmoil for House Republicans.
- Missouri Planned Parenthood set to lose hospital privileges Updated: Sep-25-15 6:05 pm
- Utah unveils tool showing impact of federal budget crisis Updated: Sep-24-15 7:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Lawmakers worried about Utah's reliance on U.S. government funds unveiled an online calculator Thursday that shows how the state would be hit by various federal budget disasters like a shutdown.