- NY state police to aid Planned Parenthood safety planning Updated: Nov-28-15 5:47 pm
NEW YORK - New York state troopers are advising Planned Parenthood clinics statewide on security and emergency planning in the wake of Friday's deadly attack at a clinic in Colorado.
- Governor's race brings new scrutiny to Executive Council Updated: Nov-28-15 1:09 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Executive Council - a political body that does much of its work outside of the spotlight - is poised to face new scrutiny as the 2016 election nears.
- Missouri Planned Parenthood says legal action likely Updated: Nov-25-15 10:19 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A regional Planned Parenthood official said Wednesday that the organization likely would take legal action against the state of Missouri after a Columbia clinic halted abortions this week, leaving just one in the state that still performs them.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Missouri down to 1 abortion clinic after Columbia stops them Updated: Nov-24-15 7:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia has stopped performing abortions, leaving only one clinic in the state still offering them.
- Federal court rules Wisconsin abortion law unconstitutional Updated: Nov-23-15 6:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin law that requires abortion providers to get admitting privileges at nearby hospitals is unconstitutional, a federal appeals court panel ruled Monday.
- Planned Parenthood sues Texas over blocked Medicaid dollars Updated: Nov-23-15 5:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Planned Parenthood sued again Monday over efforts by Republican governors to block Medicaid funding to the nation's largest abortion provider, this time against Texas, where the organization says health care access to 13,500 women is on the line.
- Ohio lawmaker lodges protest over Planned Parenthood debate Updated: Nov-20-15 5:24 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Democratic state lawmaker has formally complained that she was not recognized to speak during House debate on defunding Planned Parenthood.
- Both sides pressure Mizzou over Planned Parenthood ties Updated: Nov-20-15 2:48 pm
- Oklahoma governor seeks end of Planned Parenthood contracts Updated: Nov-19-15 5:46 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin is urging the state's Medicaid provider to cancel its contracts with two Planned Parenthood affiliates, citing what she called a "high rate of billing errors."
- Utah lawmakers planning bill to defund Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-18-15 6:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two Utah lawmakers said Wednesday they're planning to propose legislation that would defund Planned Parenthood in the state and restrict late-term abortions.
- Planned Parenthood clinic can reapply for privileges Updated: Nov-18-15 12:20 am
- Court won't hear case over grant to Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-16-15 9:39 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has rejected an anti-abortion group's bid to force disclosure of confidential Planned Parenthood and federal government records about a contract for family planning services in New Hampshire.
- Missouri senator objects to study on abortion waiting period Updated: Nov-06-15 2:15 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Republican state lawmaker has raised objections to a study about a Missouri law that requires a 72-hour waiting period for abortions.
- Policy fights, funding battles still pose shutdown threat Updated: Nov-04-15 3:26 am
WASHINGTON - Despite a broad budget deal, the White House and congressional Republicans must resolve dozens of policy issues and spending fights if they are to avoid a holiday season government shutdown.
- Hanaway proposes 20-week abortion ban in Missouri Updated: Nov-04-15 12:38 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Republican candidate for Missouri governor wants to ban abortions that are not medically necessary at or beyond 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- More than 2,000 petitions delivered to MU chancellor Loftin Updated: Nov-03-15 6:56 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - More than 2,000 petitions have been delivered to the leader of the University of Missouri's Columbia campus demanding the reversal of a decision that threatens a Planned Parenthood clinic's ability to continue performing medically induced abortions.
- Arizona drops Planned Parenthood from charitable campaign Updated: Nov-03-15 5:03 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey's administration has dropped Planned Parenthood, Arizona's largest abortion provider, as one of hundreds of organizations eligible for donations from state employees through the state government charitable campaign, officials said Tuesday.
- Hello policy fights on spending bill, bye budget goodwill Updated: Nov-03-15 3:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Despite a broad budget deal, fights over Planned Parenthood, the environment and other policy issues still threaten a spending bill to keep the government running, reviving the possibility of a holiday season shutdown.
- Glamour's Women of the Year: Witherspoon, Jenner, Copeland Updated: Oct-29-15 8:56 am
NEW YORK - Caitlyn Jenner, Reese Witherspoon, Misty Copeland and five women touched by the South Carolina church massacre and lauded in the aftermath as "The Peacemakers of Charleston" are among this year's honorees as Glamour magazine's Women of the Year.