- 2 Texas researchers under fire for Planned Parenthood study Updated: Feb-10-16 9:09 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Two state health researchers in Texas are under fire for co-authoring a study suggesting what Republican leaders have long disputed: cuts to Planned Parenthood are restricting access to women's health care.
- Ohio bill to strip Planned Parenthood funds heads to Kasich Updated: Feb-10-16 6:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is expected to sign a bill stripping government money from Planned Parenthood, a move that might help him with conservatives who dominate the upcoming Republican presidential primary in South Carolina.
- The Latest: Planned Parenthood targets Kasich in online ads Updated: Feb-10-16 5:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on an Ohio proposal that seeks to strip government funding away from Planned Parenthood (all times local):
- Abortion bill set for Arizona Senate hearings Updated: Feb-10-16 2:25 pm
PHOENIX - A bill targeting Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers is set for a hearing before an Arizona Senate committee, but a second abortion-related piece of in the Senate legislation will not be heard this week.
- State wants to appeal expansion of Planned parenthood case Updated: Feb-09-16 1:24 pm
- Pro-abortion advocates hold reproductive health care rally Updated: Feb-08-16 4:13 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Abortion rights organizations, students and Kansas House members are rallying against legislation banning access to reproductive health care.
- Cruz seeks to appeal to supporters on fringe of GOP Updated: Feb-08-16 3:39 am
PETERBOROUGH, New Hampshire - Some politicians run from polarizing endorsements. Ted Cruz seeks them out.
- Records: Close contact between Ohio AG, anti-abortion group Updated: Feb-03-16 12:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's top law enforcer is in close contact with the anti-abortion group Ohio Right to Life, whose president sent a text message complimenting the press coverage after investigative findings were released against Planned Parenthood, state records show.
- Missouri lawmakers debate restricting abortion methods Updated: Feb-02-16 8:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers are debating whether to ban a common second-trimester abortion method.
- Missouri lawmaker wants former health official's salary cut Updated: Feb-02-16 5:53 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Republican Missouri lawmaker wants to cut the former health department director's salary because of how she responded to questions about a Planned Parenthood clinic.
- Abortion bills emerge at Arizona Senate filing deadline Updated: Feb-01-16 8:07 pm
PHOENIX - Two bills targeting Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers were among a flurry of filings as an Arizona Senate deadline for introducing legislation neared Monday evening.
- The Latest: Herbert won't reverse Planned Parenthood order Updated: Jan-28-16 5:21 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The latest on the ongoing court battle over Gov. Gary Herbert's decision to cut off funding to The Planned Parenthood Association of Utah following the release of secretly recorded videos showing out-of-state employees discussing fetal tissue from abortions. (all times local):
- Planned Parenthood in Utah pushes back on defunding ruling Updated: Jan-28-16 3:00 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah branch Planned Parenthood says a federal judge abused his discretion when he allowed the governor to cut off funding to the organization after the release of secretly recorded videos showing out-of-state employees discussing fetal tissue from abortions.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Jan-27-16 2:43 pm
Cruz supporters in Iowa take Trump to task
- The Latest: Panel OKs bill aimed at Planned Parenthood funds Updated: Jan-27-16 11:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The latest on legislative action in Ohio on a proposal that seeks to divert government funding away from Planned Parenthood (all times local):
- Houston prosecutor has angered anti-abortion groups before Updated: Jan-27-16 2:24 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Houston prosecutor handling the only criminal case to date over stealth video of Planned Parenthood clinics around the U.S. has infuriated anti-abortion activists before: In 2013, a grand jury on her watch cleared a doctor accused of ending late-term pregnancies.
- AP FACT CHECK: Gutted? Disaster? GOP hyperbole on military Updated: Jan-25-16 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio maintains that President Barack Obama is more interested in providing money to Planned Parenthood than for the nation's armed forces. The front-runner in the GOP race, Donald Trump, says the U.S. military is a "disaster." Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says the Obama administration has "gutted" every weapons system in the U.S. military's inventory.
- Appeals court: Kansas Constitution protects abortion rights Updated: Jan-22-16 8:29 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Court of Appeals refused Friday to implement the state's first-in-the-nation ban on a common second-trimester abortion method, ruling in a split but groundbreaking decision that the conservative state's constitution protects abortion rights independently from the U.S. Constitution.
- Battleground Colorado enters 2016 with abortion debates Updated: Jan-22-16 3:02 pm
DENVER - Colorado Republicans could be forgiven for thinking that several years of fiery political contests over abortion and reproductive rights, which helped Democrats win several elections in this socially liberal swing state, were behind them.
- House panel wants to specify fetal tissue can't be sold Updated: Jan-21-16 6:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - House subcommittee members said Thursday that state law should specify that it is illegal to sell fetal tissue, and that donating tissue requires a woman's written consent, though they found no evidence either is occurring in South Carolina.
- Wisconsin Senate passes Planned Parenthood funding cut Updated: Jan-20-16 11:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans took another step Wednesday in their push to defund Planned Parenthood, with the state Senate passing two bills that would cost the organization millions of dollars every year.
- New flare-ups over the racial demographics of abortion Updated: Jan-20-16 5:08 pm
NEW YORK - Abortion and race, two of America's most volatile topics, have intersected in recent flare-ups related to the disproportionately high rate of abortion among black women.
- Washington state lawmaker asks teens about their virginity Updated: Jan-19-16 6:00 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Washington state lawmaker apologized after asking a group of teenagers about their virginity during a meeting.
- Kansas medical board clears Planned Parenthood clinic Updated: Jan-14-16 10:35 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas' medical board is taking no action against a Planned Parenthood clinic after completing an investigation into whether illegal sales of fetal tissue are occurring after abortions, a board document shows.
- Kansas cutting off Medicaid funds for Planned Parenthood Updated: Jan-12-16 9:20 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas will prevent Planned Parenthood from receiving any funds through its Medicaid program, Gov. Sam Brownback announced Tuesday in a State of the State address that encouraged state legislators to enshrine such a policy into law.