- Iowa lawmakers put aside philosophical differences on budget Updated: May-01-16 11:14 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - To adjourn the legislative session, Iowa lawmakers had to settle disagreements over Planned Parenthood and state employee salaries that didn't amount to much money but represented deep philosophical differences between the two parties.
- Lawmakers agree budget; Planned Parenthood funding survives Updated: Apr-29-16 8:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Legislature on Friday adjourned its 2016 session with agreement over a roughly $7.35 billion budget, following days of private meetings that ultimately stopped an attempt by GOP lawmakers to remove state funding for Planned Parenthood.
- Texas' fetal tissue research questioned before court hearing Updated: Apr-28-16 5:19 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas legislators who passed one of the nation's toughest abortion laws turned their attention to fetal tissue research Thursday, ahead of a Houston court appearance by two anti-abortion activists on charges related to their filming of undercover videos at a Planned Parenthood clinic.
- Louisiana House supports Planned Parenthood defunding bill Updated: Apr-27-16 6:23 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An effort to strip Medicaid financing from Planned Parenthood if the organization starts performing abortions at its New Orleans clinic won the backing Wednesday of the Louisiana House.
- Georgia governor OKs state funds for anti-abortion centers Updated: Apr-26-16 1:57 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia can give state money to "pregnancy resource centers" that offer medical and other services to pregnant women while discouraging them from getting abortions, under legislation signed Tuesday by Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.
- State pays millions to bar Medicaid from Planned Parenthood Updated: Apr-24-16 1:27 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers passed a budget last week that spends millions in state money to block Planned Parenthood from accessing federal funding.
- The Latest: Utah GOP picks national delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 8:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on Republican and Democratic state conventions: (all times local):
- Missouri Senate, Planned Parenthood CEO reach subpoena deal Updated: Apr-21-16 11:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate announced Thursday it is suspending contempt proceedings against a Planned Parenthood CEO after reaching an agreement to review some documents a legislative committee investigating the organization subpoenaed last year.
- Legislature boosts education money, cuts Planned Parenthood Updated: Apr-21-16 10:03 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Planned Parenthood will lose state funding while universities, colleges and public schools will see millions of dollars more under a Missouri budget passed Thursday by the Legislature.
- Bill repeats Mississippi ban on Medicaid money for abortion Updated: Apr-20-16 7:15 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A bill headed to Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant says the state Medicaid program could not spend money with any facility that performs elective abortions.
- Planned Parenthood targets Ayotte in first 2016 Senate TV ad Updated: Apr-19-16 12:26 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte is the target of Planned Parenthood's first television ad of the 2016 Senate cycle, a spot hitting New Hampshire's freshman senator for her anti-abortion stance and opposition to holding hearings on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee.
- Bryant signs bill banning second-trimester abortion method Updated: Apr-15-16 5:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's governor has signed into law a ban on a commonly used second-trimester abortion procedure, setting the state up for a possible legal challenge.
- Iowa Republicans propose to defund Planned Parenthood Updated: Apr-14-16 9:23 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Planned Parenthood in Iowa would have no state funding under a budget bill advanced Thursday by some House Republicans, but the proposal is not expected to have enough support in the Democratic-majority Senate.
- Fetal Remains Act passes House Updated: Apr-14-16 4:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Legislation that would put new restrictions on the transfer of fetal remains is close to getting to the governor.
- Missouri House passes ban on fetal-tissue donation Updated: Apr-14-16 3:06 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers are advancing a proposed ban on donation of fetal tissue from abortions.
- Missouri House advances ban on fetal-tissue donation Updated: Apr-13-16 12:03 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri House is advancing legislation to ban donation of fetal tissue from abortions.
- 2015 APTRA Awards announced Updated: Apr-12-16 8:32 pm
Here is the list of the 2015 APTRA Broadcast Contest winners:
- ACLU, Planned Parenthood sue Indiana over new abortion law Updated: Apr-08-16 8:48 am
- The Latest: Pence says law constitutional despite lawsuit Updated: Apr-07-16 2:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on the lawsuit filed over the new Indiana abortion law (all times local):
- Missouri Senate panel okays censuring Planned Parenthood CEO Updated: Apr-07-16 12:49 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A proposal to censure a Planned Parenthood official is advancing to the floor of the Missouri Senate.
- Bill would restrict Planned Parenthood in Alaska schools Updated: Apr-06-16 8:46 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Two Wasilla Republicans are working to limit abortion service providers like Planned Parenthood from teaching in Alaska's public schools.
- Missouri GOP combs past for Planned Parenthood censure rules Updated: Apr-04-16 10:45 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Republicans are looking back more than a century for guidance as they consider whether to hold a regional Planned Parenthood CEO in contempt of the Senate - a rare judgment that could carry jail time.