- Tigers busy, but will they be better? Updated: Dec-05-13 6:27 pm
- Tigers agree to deal with Joe Nathan Updated: Dec-04-13 6:05 pm
- New Nats RHP Fister heard about trade 'rumors' Updated: Dec-03-13 6:23 pm
- Doug Fister dealt to Nats, Jim Johnson to A's Updated: Dec-03-13 12:34 pm
- Tigers trade RHP Fister to Nationals for 3 players Updated: Dec-03-13 1:12 am
- Tigers and Don Kelly agree to terms on 1-year deal Updated: Dec-02-13 5:45 pm
- Balloons steal show at NYC parade after wind fears Updated: Nov-28-13 5:07 pm
- Ex-Tigers manager takes 'grand' new gig in Detroit Updated: Nov-28-13 1:51 pm
- Kinsler ready to contribute to a new contender Updated: Nov-25-13 8:35 pm
- Tigers agree to $1.9 million deal with Phil Coke Updated: Nov-21-13 3:30 pm
- Tigers trade Fielder to Rangers for Kinsler Updated: Nov-21-13 1:44 am
- AP source: Tigers, Texas to swap Fielder, Kinsler Updated: Nov-20-13 9:11 pm
- Vizquel, Joyner added to Tigers' coaching staff Updated: Nov-18-13 3:51 pm
- Cabrera repeats as AL MVP; McCutchen wins NL award Updated: Nov-14-13 11:10 pm
- Kershaw, Scherzer easily win Cy Young Awards Updated: Nov-14-13 1:20 am
- Scherzer, Kershaw easily win Cy Young Awards Updated: Nov-13-13 10:20 pm
- Reds, C Pena reach agreement on 2-year deal Updated: Nov-12-13 8:24 pm
- Leyland honored at downtown Detroit event Updated: Nov-11-13 7:12 pm
- Leyland to be honored at Detroit charity event Updated: Nov-11-13 4:07 am
- Free Agents Predictions Updated: Nov-09-13 1:20 pm
- McClendon finally lands managerial job in Seattle Updated: Nov-07-13 7:05 pm
- Seattle hires McClendon as new manager Updated: Nov-05-13 9:29 pm
DETROIT - When the Detroit Tigers introduced new closer Joe Nathan this week, the news conference quickly became about a lot more than Joe Nathan.
DETROIT - Joe Nathan expects to fit in just fine in Detroit - and now the Tigers don't have to face the closer who has dominated them more than perhaps any other in baseball.
NEW YORK - On a night usually dominated by news of players let loose, the Washington Nationals and Oakland Athletics filled pitching needs with trades.
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers and utility player Don Kelly have agreed to terms on a one-year contract that avoids arbitration.
NEW YORK - Revelers at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade gave thanks for the giant balloons that flew above the city streets Thursday after a blustery storm accompanied by high winds nearly grounded them for only the second time in the parade's 87-year history.
DETROIT - Jim Leyland may no longer be manager of the Detroit Tigers, but he picked up another high-profile position in the city.
DETROIT - There won't be much talk about Ian Kinsler filling Prince Fielder's shoes in Detroit.
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers agreed Thursday to a non-guaranteed, $1.9 million, one-year contract with left-handed pitcher Phil Coke, a deal that avoided salary arbitration.
DETROIT - Less than two years after boldly signing Prince Fielder to a $214 million contract, the Detroit Tigers traded the slugging first baseman to Texas in another blockbuster move.
DETROIT - A person with knowledge of the deal says the Detroit Tigers and Texas have agreed to a blockbuster trade that would send slugger Prince Fielder to the Rangers for second baseman Ian Kinsler.
DETROIT - Former All-Stars Omar Vizquel and Wally Joyner will be part of new Detroit manager Brad Ausmus' coaching staff with the Tigers.
NEW YORK - All those who marvel at Miguel Cabrera can only wonder what he might've done this year if completely healthy.
NEW YORK - Clayton Kershaw has two Cy Young Awards by age 25 and one runner-up finish. He just posted baseball's lowest ERA in 13 years and became the third pitcher since 1900 to lead the majors in that category for three consecutive seasons.
NEW YORK - Max Scherzer did most everything on the mound this season - led the majors in wins, started the All-Star game, helped put his team in the playoffs.
CINCINNATI - The Reds have reached agreement with catcher Brayan Pena on a $2,275,000, two-year deal, giving them three catchers on the roster.
DETROIT - Jim Leyland is happy to help Brad Ausmus in any way the new Detroit manager wants.
DETROIT - Recently retired Tigers manager Jim Leyland is to be honored on stage as a special guest at a charity event in Detroit.
NEW YORK - Predictions by AP baseball writers on the contracts 10 high-profile free agents will receive:
SEATTLE - Lloyd McClendon wanted this news conference three years ago. He wanted the showy introduction and to be posing for pictures holding his new jersey. He wanted to be asked about his managerial philosophy and why it didn't work his first time out in Pittsburgh.
SEATTLE - Lloyd McClendon was hired as manager of the Seattle Mariners on Tuesday, taking over a rebuilding job that Eric Wedge walked away from.