- Kate Upton announces engagement to Tigers' Justin Verlander Updated: May-03-16 8:29 am
NEW YORK - Kate Upton has announced her engagement to baseball star Justin Verlander.
- Nolasco allows 3-run homer in Twins' 6-5 loss to Tigers Updated: May-01-16 8:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The final play of Minnesota's 6-5 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Sunday summed up how things have gone for the Twins lately.
- Saltalamacchia lifts streaking Tigers over Twins, 6-5 Updated: May-01-16 7:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Not long ago, the Tigers were left reeling after a three-game sweep by the visiting Indians. One week later, Detroit is heading into Cleveland with a five-game winning streak.
- Top prospect Fulmer called up by Tigers to start vs Twins Updated: Apr-29-16 6:51 pm
- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.
- New home of Detroit Red Wings to be Little Caesars Arena Updated: Apr-28-16 4:26 pm
DETROIT - The name of the new home of the Detroit Red Wings is staying in the family.
- Tigers demote Collins, activate Francisco Rodriguez Updated: Apr-27-16 7:12 pm
DETROIT - The Tigers have optioned outfielder Tyler Collins to Triple-A Toledo, although manager Brad Ausmus said the move was not related to the obscene gesture Collins directed at booing home fans Monday.
- Tigers again fail to score for Pelfrey in 5-1 loss to A's Updated: Apr-26-16 11:38 pm
DETROIT - Mike Pelfrey is four starts into his first season with the Detroit Tigers - and they still haven't given him a single run of support.
- Collins won't face suspension from MLB over gesture at fans Updated: Apr-26-16 9:19 pm
DETROIT - Tigers outfielder Tyler Collins will not be suspended by Major League Baseball for directing an obscene gesture at booing home fans in Detroit after losing a ball in the lights Monday night.
- Indians overcome Carrasco injury, sweep Tigers Updated: Apr-24-16 5:44 pm
DETROIT - Cleveland manager Terry Francona would normally be happy with a sweep in Detroit, but he had more pressing matters on his mind Sunday afternoon.
- Tigers RHP Greene leaves start vs Indians with blister Updated: Apr-24-16 3:06 pm
- Indians RHP Carrasco leaves start with hamstring injury Updated: Apr-24-16 3:00 pm
- MLB's 1st Dominican umpire debuts in Indians-Tigers game Updated: Apr-22-16 10:41 pm
- Volquez sharp through 7 innings as Royals beat Tigers 4-0 Updated: Apr-21-16 11:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Edinson Volquez whirled around on the mound as the drive by the Tigers' Justin Upton soared over his head, and for a moment wondered why Lorenzo Cain wasn't giving chase.
- Royals' OF Dyson off DL, RHP Almonte recalled from Triple-A Updated: Apr-19-16 3:35 pm
- Altuve, Springer homer to help Astros defeat Tigers 5-4 Updated: Apr-17-16 7:15 pm
HOUSTON - After hitting his fourth home run of the season, Jose Altuve said he is not trying for long balls.
- Jim Leyland to manage US at 2017 World Baseball Classic Updated: Apr-15-16 1:34 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Jim Leyland will manage the U.S. team at the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
- Twins fall to 0-9, beaten by Latos, Garcia and White Sox 3-1 Updated: Apr-14-16 6:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Trevor Plouffe lingered in the dugout after Minnesota's ninth straight loss to open the season, staring at the diamond in disappointment.
- Big hit hard to come by as Pirates fall to Tigers 7-4 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - By nature, Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle doesn't waste time thinking about the things his team lacks.
- Zimmermann stays sharp, Tigers top Pirates 7-4 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordan Zimmermann is making $110 million look like a wise investment. Maybe even a bit of a bargain.
- Former Detroit Tigers broadcaster Paul Carey dies at 88 Updated: Apr-13-16 11:55 am
DETROIT - Paul Carey, a radio broadcaster whose accounts of Detroit Tigers games captivated sports fans for nearly two decades, has died. He was 88.
- Upton's 4 hits, long homer lead Tigers over Pirates 8-2 Updated: Apr-12-16 8:15 pm
DETROIT - When new Tigers general manager Al Avila signed Justin Upton during the offseason to play left field and hit second, he had performances like Tuesday afternoon's in mind.
- Polanco doubles twice as Pirates beat Tigers, Verlander Updated: Apr-12-16 1:15 am
DETROIT - Justin Verlander has never been a big fan of April.
- Detroit Tigers fan catches 5 foul balls in 8 innings Updated: Apr-11-16 6:53 pm
DETROIT - For most people, catching a foul ball at a major league game would be the thrill of a lifetime. On Monday, Bill Dugan almost got bored by the whole thing.
- Newest Pure Michigan campaign touts Detroit's comeback Updated: Apr-10-16 5:32 pm
DETROIT - The newest installment of the Pure Michigan advertising campaign that seeks to attract tourists to the state features Detroit, describing it as a city headed up and a place that is attracting new businesses and young people.