- Tigers, Royals resume respectful rivalry with split Updated: May-04-15 3:05 am
- Cabrera, Sanchez carry Tigers to 6-4 victory over Royals Updated: May-03-15 6:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Anibal Sanchez could have thrown his fastball into a knothole on Sunday.
- Royals fall to Tigers 6-4, squandering chance to take series Updated: May-03-15 6:06 pm
- Royals' Lorenzo Cain drops appeal, begins serving suspension Updated: May-03-15 12:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Lorenzo Cain was hoping that nobody saw him throw the punch.
- Chris Young continues to baffle Tigers in 4-1 loss to Royals Updated: May-02-15 12:51 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chris Young does not throw hard with his fastball topping out at 88 miles per hour.
- Castellanos get 1st hit for Tigers in 8th against Royals Updated: May-01-15 10:32 pm
- Twins overpowered 10-7 by Cabrera, Tigers; Hughes gets hurt Updated: Apr-29-15 7:11 pm
- Cabrera powers Tigers past Twins 10-7 after Hughes gets hurt Updated: Apr-29-15 6:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Miguel Cabrera hit two of Detroit's four home runs, no-doubt drives that gave the star slugger a pair of satisfying jogs around the bases.
- Kirk Gibson diagnosed with Parkinson's disease Updated: Apr-28-15 9:50 pm
DETROIT - Kirk Gibson has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- No perfect bullpen strategy, but depth, flexibility help Updated: Apr-27-15 3:10 am
DETROIT - When the Detroit Tigers signed Joe Nathan before the 2014 season, they expected baseball's active saves leader to simply keep rolling. After a few too many bad outings, they traded for a backup plan in Joakim Soria, widely considered the top reliever on the market.
- Tigers topple Indians 8-6 Updated: Apr-26-15 6:20 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera is continuing his hot start against the Cleveland Indians in April.
- Correction: White Sox-Tigers story Updated: Apr-24-15 4:29 pm
- Yankees top Tigers 2-1 on McCann's RBI in 8th inning Updated: Apr-23-15 6:18 pm
DETROIT - It was 33 degrees for the start at Comerica Park, and that turned out to be perfect conditions for the pitchers.
- Tigers closer Nathan out for year with torn elbow ligament Updated: Apr-23-15 12:21 pm
DETROIT - Tigers closer Joe Nathan will miss the rest of the season with a torn ligament in his pitching elbow.
- White Sox changed their replay plan after trouble in Detroit Updated: Apr-20-15 11:47 pm
CHICAGO - White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said the team changed its process for determining when to challenge a play after a costly mistake in Detroit last weekend.
- Bass returns to Japan to mark Hanshin anniversary Updated: Apr-17-15 4:44 am
OSAKA, Japan - Former Japanese league baseball star Randy Bass returned to his old team on Friday to mark the 30-year anniversary of one of its biggest moments on the diamond.
- Tigers shut down Pirates again in 1-0 victory Updated: Apr-15-15 11:27 pm
PITTSBURGH - There's nothing fancy about the way Alfredo Simon does his job. The Detroit Tigers right-hander doesn't overwhelm batters with power or baffle them with deception. Instead, Simon just rears back and throws, trusting his defense to handle the bulk of the work.
- Slump deepens as Pirates fall to Tigers 1-0 Updated: Apr-15-15 11:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano made 89 pitches in his return to work following the birth of his fourth child. Only one turned out to be a mistake.
- Bauer leads Indians over White Sox 4-2, stopping 4-game skid Updated: Apr-15-15 5:09 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians salvaged the finale of a miserable opening homestand.
- Burnett sharp in Pirates 2-0 loss to Tigers Updated: Apr-15-15 7:20 am
PITTSBURGH - A.J. Burnett's "homecoming" was everything he could have hoped for. Except for taking a tough-luck loss.
- Tigers drop first of season in 5-4 loss to Pirates Updated: Apr-13-15 6:02 pm
- McCutchen returns to lineup, homers as Pirates rout Brewers Updated: Apr-12-15 7:24 pm
MILWAUKEE - Andrew McCutchen was back in the Pittsburgh lineup Sunday and he made quite a difference.
- Cabrera rocks Cleveland, hits 2 homers in Tigers' 8-5 win Updated: Apr-12-15 6:17 pm
CLEVELAND - Nobody rocks Cleveland like Miguel Cabrera.
- Tigers set AL shutout record to start season, beat Twins 7-1 Updated: Apr-09-15 8:51 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers finally gave up a run Thursday.
- Tigers set AL record for shutout streak to open season Updated: Apr-09-15 7:13 pm