- Tough night for Mariners pitchers in 12-5 loss Updated: Jul-07-15 3:05 am
SEATTLE - If they didn't already know it, Mayckol Guaipe and David Rollins are both well aware now how tough it is to pitch in the big leagues.
- Castellanos has 4 RBIs, Tigers win 12-5 Updated: Jul-07-15 2:59 am
SEATTLE - Detroit manager Brad Ausmus doesn't think hitting is contagious. J.D. Martinez disagrees, and has significant proof to point to after Monday's win over the Seattle Mariners.
- Tigers claim 1B-OF Krauss off waivers from Tampa Bay Updated: Jul-06-15 8:17 pm
- Verlander drops to 0-4 as Blue Jays beat Tigers 10-5 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:32 pm
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a left calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hit bid with one out in 8th Updated: Jul-03-15 9:36 pm
DETROIT - Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez lost his bid for a no-hitter when Toronto's Ezequiel Carrera singled with one out in the eighth inning Friday night.
- Cabrera leaves Tigers' game with strained left calf Updated: Jul-03-15 8:53 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fourth inning with a strained left calf.
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- Verlander on track to start Tuesday for Tigers Updated: Jun-28-15 6:53 pm
DETROIT - Justin Verlander is on track to return Tuesday from a back issue that caused him to miss a start.
- McCann's 9th-inning homer gives Tigers 5-4 win over Chicago Updated: Jun-28-15 6:14 pm
DETROIT - Some players go years without hitting a game-ending home run.
- White Sox-Tigers game postponed by rained Updated: Jun-27-15 4:15 pm
DETROIT - The Tigers are not surprised by Miguel Cabrera's latest hot streak.
- Tigers fall short against White Sox, 8-7 Updated: Jun-25-15 8:16 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera stepped to the plate with the tying run at second and a chance to cap a 10th-inning comeback.
- Carrasco, Indians finally top Cabrera-less Tigers 8-2 Updated: Jun-24-15 4:53 pm
CLEVELAND - There was a humongous hole in Detroit's lineup, and the Indians took advantage of it.
- Tigers' Cabrera overtakes Royals' Hosmer in All-Star vote Updated: Jun-22-15 8:56 pm
NEW YORK - Some later-voting fans aren't on the Kansas City Royals' All-Star bandwagon.
- JD Martinez hits 3 HRs, Tigers tag Tanaka and top Yanks 12-4 Updated: Jun-21-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - J.D. Martinez wanted that fourth home run. He had never even hit two in a major league game before, so might as well tie the record the first time he got a chance.
- Tigers' JD Martinez hit 3 homers in 6 innings against Yanks Updated: Jun-21-15 3:49 pm
NEW YORK - Detroit's J.D. Martinez has homered three times and drove in six runs through six innings against the New York Yankees on Sunday.
- A-Rod homers for 3,000th hit; 29th player to reach milestone Updated: Jun-20-15 12:19 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez homered for his 3,000th career hit and smiled all the way around the bases Friday night, the highlight so far in what's become a resurgent season for the disgraced slugger.
- Tigers activate DH Victor Martinez, bat him cleanup vs Yanks Updated: Jun-19-15 5:36 pm
NEW YORK - The Detroit Tigers have activated star designated hitter Victor Martinez from the 15-day disabled list and put him in the cleanup spot.
- Tigers at Reds postponed by rain, Frazier gets needed rest Updated: Jun-18-15 9:05 pm
CINCINNATI - Todd Frazier was out of the Reds' lineup on Thursday for a needed day off. The whole team got some rest when Cincinnati's game against the Detroit Tigers was postponed because of rain.
- First the Patriots, now the Cardinals feeling fans' wrath Updated: Jun-18-15 2:47 am
CINCINNATI - Mocking t-shirts are available online. Deprecating jokes are making the rounds. Social media is saturated with derogatory lines about the latest embarrassing predicament involving a model sports franchise.
- Reds beat Tigers 8-4 on Frazier's grand slam in 13th inning Updated: Jun-18-15 2:06 am
CINCINNATI - Todd Frazier is aching to make the All-Star Game and knock more than a few out during the home run derby at Great American Ball Park next month. In the last two days, he's making his case.
- Frazier, Bruce power Reds to 5-2 win over Tigers Updated: Jun-16-15 11:44 pm
DETROIT - The Cincinnati Reds still aren't clicking on all cylinders an offense, but their latest win was a step in the right direction.
- Cincinnati's Moscot injured in first inning against Tigers Updated: Jun-15-15 8:32 pm
DETROIT - Cincinnati right-hander Jon Moscot left Monday night's game at Detroit in the first inning after dislocating his left shoulder while tagging out a runner.
- Cabrera again tags Kluber, Indians, as Tigers romp Updated: Jun-14-15 8:11 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera doesn't care if he starts the All-Star Game but he sure ended his weekend with a powerful audition.