- Jerusalem attacks kill 3 as wave of violence escalates Updated: Oct-13-15 8:37 am
JERUSALEM - A pair of Palestinian men boarded a bus in Jerusalem and began shooting and stabbing passengers, while another assailant rammed a car into a bus station before stabbing bystanders, in near-simultaneous attacks Tuesday that escalated a monthlong wave of violence. Three Israelis and two attackers were killed.
- The Latest: Israeli Jew stabs another in failed revenge plot Updated: Oct-13-15 8:18 am
JERUSALEM - The latest developments in ongoing violence between Palestinians and Israelis (all times local):
- Israel opens fire at Syrian target after rocket attack Updated: Oct-13-15 6:14 am
JERUSALEM - The Israeli military says artillery units have opened fire at Syrian army positions after rocket fire from Syria landed in the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights.
- Q&A: No end in sight for latest Israeli-Palestinian violence Updated: Oct-12-15 4:01 pm
JERUSALEM - For nearly a month, Israel has been dealing with a wave of Palestinian unrest that shows no signs of stopping. Beginning with clashes at a sensitive Jerusalem holy site, the violence has spread throughout the city, across Israel and into the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- Berlin meeting between German, Israeli leaders called off Updated: Oct-07-15 7:38 am
BERLIN - A meeting between the German and Israeli leaders that was scheduled for Thursday has been canceled because of the security situation in Israel.
- New generation of disillusioned Palestinians drives unrest Updated: Oct-06-15 6:26 pm
SURDA, West Bank - A new generation of angry, disillusioned Palestinians is driving the current wave of clashes with Israeli forces: Too young to remember the hardships of life during Israel's clampdown on the last major uprising, they have lost faith in statehood through negotiations, distrust their political leaders and believe Israel only understands force.
- Netanyahu demands Abbas, PA condemn West Bank murder Updated: Oct-02-15 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday demanded that Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and his government explicitly condemn the murder of an Israeli settler couple by suspected Palestinian gunmen in the West Bank.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 11:00 pm
Gunman opens fire at Oregon community college before dying in shootout; at least 9 dead
- Q&A: Abbas warning to Israel blunted by lack of specifics Updated: Sep-30-15 4:07 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - President Mahmoud Abbas seemingly made good on his threat to drop a "bombshell" in Wednesday's speech to the U.N. General Assembly when he declared that the Palestinians cannot continue to be bound by 20-year-old security and economic agreements with Israel.
- Abbas out of options, out of synch with angry Palestinians Updated: Sep-28-15 7:53 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has threatened to drop a "bombshell" in a speech to the United Nations this week - prompting speculation that he will sever ties with Israel over its settlement expansion and other hard-line policies.
- Israeli officer suspended after journalists abused Updated: Sep-27-15 8:06 am
JERUSALEM - The Israeli military says it has suspended an officer after soldiers were caught on camera assaulting a pair of Agence France-Press journalists in the West Bank.
- Israel military says it is coordinating with Russia on Syria Updated: Sep-24-15 6:15 am
JERUSALEM - Israel has set up a joint mechanism with the Russian military to coordinate their operations in Syria and avoid any accidental confrontations, a senior Israel military official said Thursday.
- Israeli envoy's appointment in danger over settlement ties Updated: Sep-22-15 12:53 pm
JERUSALEM - In a landmark test case for Israel, the appointment of its next ambassador to Brazil is suddenly in trouble due to his ties to the West Bank settlement movement.
- Putin seeks to assuage Israel's fears of Syrian aggression Updated: Sep-21-15 12:57 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin sought to assuage Israel's fears of potential Iranian and Syrian aggression, during talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday that also addressed concerns over Russia's military buildup in Syria.
- UN nuclear conference votes down anti-Israel resolution Updated: Sep-17-15 5:09 pm
VIENNA - An Arab-led attempt to censure Israel over its undeclared nuclear arsenal has failed at the U.N atomic agency's annual meeting and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is hailing the result as a "great victory."