- Frieri blows save in 9th; Angels lose 5-4 to Nats Updated: Apr-24-14 12:27 am
- Werth, LaRoche lift Nats past Angels 5-4 in 9th Updated: Apr-24-14 12:08 am
- As errors, losses mount, Nationals get extra work Updated: Apr-23-14 7:03 pm
- Nationals trail early, lose to Angels, Pujols 7-2 Updated: Apr-23-14 12:35 am
- Nationals recall RHP Barrett, option LHP Cedeno Updated: Apr-22-14 5:54 pm
- Trout, Harper square off in majors for 1st time Updated: Apr-21-14 7:26 pm
- Span's sacrifice fly in 9th lifts Nats over Cards Updated: Apr-20-14 7:03 pm
- Tigers edge sloppy Angels 2-1 Updated: Apr-20-14 6:00 pm
- Harper back in Nationals lineup Updated: Apr-20-14 2:54 pm
- OF Span activated by Nationals from 7-day DL Updated: Apr-19-14 11:26 am
- Nats' Fister throws 2 innings at extended spring Updated: Apr-17-14 6:26 pm
- Harper scratched from Nats' lineup against Marlins Updated: Apr-17-14 12:18 am
- Werth HR helps Nats rally past Marlins, 6-3 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:26 pm
- Replay review of Werth HR takes only 22 seconds Updated: Apr-16-14 8:54 pm
- Benches clear in Nationals-Marlins game Updated: Apr-15-14 11:57 pm
- Nationals place Zimmerman on DL Updated: Apr-13-14 2:21 pm
- Nats 3B Zimmerman has broken thumb, out 4-6 weeks Updated: Apr-12-14 11:21 pm
- Nationals place Span on 7-day DL with concussion Updated: Apr-12-14 6:57 pm
- Strasburg, Werth help Nationals beat Marlins 7-1 Updated: Apr-10-14 8:35 pm
- Marlins RHP Turner hurt in BP; will miss start Updated: Apr-08-14 11:29 pm
- Nationals avoid sweep with 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Apr-06-14 6:08 pm
- MRI: no 'structural issues' for Nats' Zimmerman Updated: Apr-06-14 5:32 pm
- Nats Desmond has HR changed to 2B on replay review Updated: Apr-04-14 3:20 pm
- Nationals owner says payroll 'beyond topped out' Updated: Apr-04-14 2:08 pm
- Washington Nationals honor Navy Yard victims Updated: Apr-04-14 8:56 am
WASHINGTON - Trailing by two runs with two men on in the bottom of the ninth inning, Washington's Jayson Werth worked a 3-0 count against Angels closer Ernesto Frieri.
WASHINGTON - As part of rookie manager Matt Williams' emphasis on defense, the Washington Nationals regularly schedule extra infield practice for their backups.
WASHINGTON - The errors are mounting for the Washington Nationals, up to 24 through 21 games so far.
WASHINGTON - Asked what about Bryce Harper impresses him, Mike Trout began with a stock-sounding answer.
WASHINGTON - Denard Span's approach with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning proves math pays off.
DETROIT - Ian Kinsler took off toward second base and kept on going.
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper will start Sunday in for the Nationals a day after he was replaced in the sixth inning for lack of hustle.
WASHINGTON - Right-hander Doug Fister threw two innings at extended spring training in Florida and could join the Nationals in about three weeks "assuming all goes well," manager Matt Williams said.
MIAMI - Outfielder Bryce Harper was scratched from the Washington Nationals' game at Miami because of tightness in his left quadriceps, but he's expected to return to the lineup Thursday.
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals' comeback victory against Jose Fernandez felt well-deserved, even if the pivotal runs were unearned.
MIAMI - A replay review of a Jayson Werth home run in the Washington Nationals' game at Miami took only 22 seconds Wednesday.
MIAMI - Washington Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond and Miami Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia got into a heated, nose-to-nose conversation at home plate, prompting both benches to clear during the fourth inning.
ATLANTA - Third baseman Ryan Zimmeran tried to put a positive spin on his broken right thumb and the Washington Nationals' list of injuries.
ATLANTA - Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is expected to miss four to six weeks after breaking his right thumb against the Atlanta Braves.
ATLANTA - The Washington Nationals placed outfielder Denard Span on the seven-day disabled list with a concussion on Saturday.
WASHINGTON - After Stephen Strasburg failed to get out of the fifth inning in his second start this season, he had a little chat with Nationals teammate Ian Desmond about changing his approach on the mound.
WASHINGTON - Ian Desmond didn't dip, and he hit a dinger.
WASHINGTON - Unable to make a regular, comfortable throw to first, Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman was out of the lineup Sunday. An MRI revealed inflammation on his right shoulder.
WASHINGTON - Ian Desmond's inside-the-park homer was overturned on replay review and changed to a ground-rule double in the fifth inning of Washington's game against Atlanta on Friday.
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals owner Mark Lerner says the club's payroll is "beyond topped out" and that his family is "not going to do something where we're losing tens of millions of dollars a year."
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals will use opening day to honor people affected by the shooting at the nearby Washington Navy Yard, where a gunman killed 12 people in September.