- Nationals fall to new-look Mets 3-2 Updated: Aug-02-15 12:02 am
NEW YORK - A roaring crowd. A newcomer to a suddenly potent lineup. A stingy pitching staff. The Washington Nationals are finding it's not so easy coming into Citi Field anymore.
- Duda helps make Cespedes a winner in Mets debut Updated: Aug-01-15 11:35 pm
- Newseum features Nationals' first 10 years in Washington Updated: Jul-31-15 3:35 pm
- Scherzer, Papelbon lift Nationals past Marlins 1-0 Updated: Jul-30-15 7:50 pm
MIAMI - Jonathan Papelbon's debut with the Washington Nationals was just as they envisioned.
- All-Star closer Jonathan Papelbon joins Nationals Updated: Jul-29-15 6:42 pm
MIAMI - All-Star closer Jonathan Papelbon wants to win another championship and become baseball's career saves leader. He likes his chances with the Washington Nationals.
- Nationals land Papelbon in trade, fall to Marlins 4-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 2:27 pm
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals have a new closer, landing All-Star Jonathan Papelbon from the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Werth, Zimmerman back with Nationals Updated: Jul-28-15 6:28 pm
MIAMI - Outfielder Jayson Werth and first baseman Ryan Zimmerman are back with the Washington Nationals after long stints on the disabled list.
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1 Updated: Jul-26-15 6:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco got Gerrit Cole on track, and the ace right-hander took over from there.
- Taylor, Espinosa lead Nationals' comeback over Mets Updated: Jul-22-15 5:33 pm
- Escobar leaves game in second with apparent injury Updated: Jul-22-15 2:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals third baseman Yunel Escobar has left Wednesday's game against the New York Mets during his at-bat in the second with an apparent injury.
- Nationals' Strasburg to throw batting practice Friday Updated: Jul-22-15 12:30 pm
WASHINGTON - Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to throw batting practice Friday as the Nationals star comes back from a strained left oblique.
- Nationals promote Ross from Triple-A, rookie starts vs Mets Updated: Jul-21-15 5:20 pm
- Greinke now with 43 2-3 scoreless innings, Dodgers top Nats Updated: Jul-19-15 6:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Zack Greinke is really piling up the zeros.
- Espinosa fine after leaving Saturday's game Updated: Jul-19-15 12:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Already minus four of their expected eight regulars, the Washington Nationals avoided losing another player when Danny Espinosa reported for work feeling fine on Sunday.
- Kershaw fans 14, Dodgers split the day with Nationals Updated: Jul-18-15 7:08 pm
- Faulty circuit breaker blamed for outage at Nationals Park Updated: Jul-18-15 11:35 am
WASHINGTON - The Nationals say a faulty circuit breaker caused the power failure that led to the suspension of Friday night's game between Washington and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Bank of lights go out at Nationals Park - twice Updated: Jul-17-15 10:38 pm
WASHINGTON - A faulty bank of lights twice went out at Nationals Park on Friday night, causing the game between Washington and the Los Angeles Dodgers to be delayed on each occasion.
- Orioles, Chen hit the break with a 3-2 loss to Nationals Updated: Jul-12-15 6:18 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles sputtered into the All-Star break looking like a team that could really use a four-day vacation from baseball.
- Scherzer allows 4 hits as Nationals beat Orioles 3-2 Updated: Jul-12-15 5:51 pm
BALTIMORE - Coming off his worst start of the season, Max Scherzer wasn't willing to wait any longer than necessary to get back on the mound.
- Nationals' offense sputters again in 3-2 loss to Orioles Updated: Jul-11-15 12:02 am
BALTIMORE - While their offense struggles to perform without several injured stars, the Washington Nationals are going to have to rely heavily on their pitching to win.
- Reds-Nationals game postponed by rain; no makeup date yet Updated: Jul-08-15 9:11 pm
- Nationals OF Span out until All-Star break with back spasms Updated: Jul-08-15 5:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals center fielder Denard Span will be sidelined through the All-Star break because of lingering back spasms.
- Cueto, Votto outdo Scherzer as Reds beat Nationals 5-0 Updated: Jul-07-15 10:51 pm
WASHINGTON - In a matchup against Max Scherzer and the first-place Washington Nationals, Johnny Cueto lifted his game to another level - perhaps that of an All-Star.
- Nationals slugger Harper to skip All-Star Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-06-15 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper won't participate in the All-Star Home Run Derby because his father isn't available to pitch to him.
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am