- Nationals recall LHP Cedeno from Triple-A Syracuse Updated: Apr-18-14 3:18 pm
- Wainwright throws 2-hitter, Cards beat Nats 8-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:00 am
- Nationals make 4 errors in 8-0 loss to Cardinals Updated: Apr-17-14 11:53 pm
- Nats' Fister throws 2 innings at extended spring Updated: Apr-17-14 6:26 pm
- Harper scratched from Nats' lineup against Marlins Updated: Apr-17-14 12:18 am
- Marlins blow lead and lose to Nats 6-3 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:39 pm
- Werth HR helps Nats rally past Marlins, 6-3 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:26 pm
- Replay review of Werth HR takes only 22 seconds Updated: Apr-16-14 8:54 pm
- Benches clear in Nationals-Marlins game Updated: Apr-15-14 11:57 pm
- Nationals lose to Marlins, 11-2 Updated: Apr-15-14 11:54 pm
- Nationals place Zimmerman on DL Updated: Apr-13-14 2:21 pm
- Nats 3B Zimmerman has broken thumb, out 4-6 weeks Updated: Apr-12-14 11:21 pm
- Nationals place Span on 7-day DL with concussion Updated: Apr-12-14 6:57 pm
- Strasburg, Werth help Nationals beat Marlins 7-1 Updated: Apr-10-14 8:35 pm
- Marlins RHP Turner hurt in BP; will miss start Updated: Apr-08-14 11:29 pm
- Nationals avoid sweep with 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Apr-06-14 6:08 pm
- MRI: no 'structural issues' for Nats' Zimmerman Updated: Apr-06-14 5:32 pm
- Nats Desmond has HR changed to 2B on replay review Updated: Apr-04-14 3:20 pm
- Nationals owner says payroll 'beyond topped out' Updated: Apr-04-14 2:08 pm
- Washington Nationals honor Navy Yard victims Updated: Apr-04-14 8:56 am
- Nats' unsure on Zimmermann for home opener Updated: Apr-03-14 7:54 pm
- Roark leads Nats over Mets 8-2 for 3-0 start Updated: Apr-03-14 6:45 pm
- Nats C Ramos has surgery on hand, out 4-6 weeks Updated: Apr-02-14 8:17 pm
- Fister on DL; Tigers-Nationals game rained out Updated: Mar-29-14 7:39 pm
- Zimmermann sharp, gets RBI as Nats beat Mets 4-0 Updated: Mar-27-14 6:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Left-handed reliever Xavier Cedeno has been recalled by the Washington Nationals from Triple-A Syracuse.
WASHINGTON - Adam Wainwright was as close to unhittable as he's ever been.
WASHINGTON - The Cardinals' first batter sent a seemingly routine grounder to Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond, who failed to field the ball cleanly for one of his two errors on the evening. The next hitter's swinging bunt was grabbed by pitcher Taylor Jordan, but he could not manage to get the ball out of his glove.
WASHINGTON - Right-hander Doug Fister threw two innings at extended spring training in Florida and could join the Nationals in about three weeks "assuming all goes well," manager Matt Williams said.
MIAMI - Outfielder Bryce Harper was scratched from the Washington Nationals' game at Miami because of tightness in his left quadriceps, but he's expected to return to the lineup Thursday.
MIAMI - One bad throw by Jarrod Saltalamacchia and one bad pitch by Jose Fernandez cost the Miami Marlins their lead. And when manager Mike Redmond turned to his struggling bullpen, things got worse.
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals' comeback victory against Jose Fernandez felt well-deserved, even if the pivotal runs were unearned.
MIAMI - A replay review of a Jayson Werth home run in the Washington Nationals' game at Miami took only 22 seconds Wednesday.
MIAMI - Washington Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond and Miami Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia got into a heated, nose-to-nose conversation at home plate, prompting both benches to clear during the fourth inning.
ATLANTA - Third baseman Ryan Zimmeran tried to put a positive spin on his broken right thumb and the Washington Nationals' list of injuries.
ATLANTA - Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is expected to miss four to six weeks after breaking his right thumb against the Atlanta Braves.
ATLANTA - The Washington Nationals placed outfielder Denard Span on the seven-day disabled list with a concussion on Saturday.
WASHINGTON - After Stephen Strasburg failed to get out of the fifth inning in his second start this season, he had a little chat with Nationals teammate Ian Desmond about changing his approach on the mound.
WASHINGTON - Ian Desmond didn't dip, and he hit a dinger.
WASHINGTON - Unable to make a regular, comfortable throw to first, Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman was out of the lineup Sunday. An MRI revealed inflammation on his right shoulder.
WASHINGTON - Ian Desmond's inside-the-park homer was overturned on replay review and changed to a ground-rule double in the fifth inning of Washington's game against Atlanta on Friday.
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals owner Mark Lerner says the club's payroll is "beyond topped out" and that his family is "not going to do something where we're losing tens of millions of dollars a year."
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals will use opening day to honor people affected by the shooting at the nearby Washington Navy Yard, where a gunman killed 12 people in September.
NEW YORK - Scratched from Washington's series finale in New York because of flu-like symptoms, Jordan Zimmermann may start the Nationals' home opener Friday against Atlanta.
NEW YORK - Toby and Jodi Roark were in the midst of a 12-hour drive from Wilmington, Illinois, to Washington, D.C., to watch their son Tanner pitch in the Nationals' home opener. Then they got a call from their daughter-in-law, telling them he wouldn't be starting Friday.
NEW YORK - Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos had surgery for a broken hamate bone in his left hand Wednesday and is expected to miss about four to six weeks.
WASHINGTON - Stephen Strasburg and Taylor Jordan were selected by the Washington Nationals in the 2009 amateur draft. While Strasburg was the first name off the board, Jordan was the first player picked eight rounds later.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida - Even though he'll face the New York Mets in the regular season next week, Jordan Zimmermann said he didn't hold anything back.