- Nationals lose 3-1 to Cole, Pirates Updated: Jul-26-15 7:01 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Washington Nationals had their best hitter at the plate in a big spot. It just didn't work out.
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1 Updated: Jul-26-15 6:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco got Gerrit Cole on track, and the ace right-hander took over from there.
- Burnett's 8 Ks not good enough in Pirates' 9-3 loss to Nats Updated: Jul-25-15 11:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - A.J. Burnett posted a 2.11 ERA during a first half that led to the first All-Star selection in his 17-year career. But his second-half struggles continue.
- Nationals activate infielder Anthony Rendon from DL Updated: Jul-25-15 5:59 pm
PITTSBURGH - Anthony Rendon was activated from the disabled list by the Washington Nationals and in the starting lineup at second base Saturday night against Pittsburgh.
- Taylor, Espinosa lead Nationals' comeback over Mets Updated: Jul-22-15 5:33 pm
- Escobar leaves game in second with apparent injury Updated: Jul-22-15 2:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals third baseman Yunel Escobar has left Wednesday's game against the New York Mets during his at-bat in the second with an apparent injury.
- Nationals' Strasburg to throw batting practice Friday Updated: Jul-22-15 12:30 pm
WASHINGTON - Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to throw batting practice Friday as the Nationals star comes back from a strained left oblique.
- Nationals promote Ross from Triple-A, rookie starts vs Mets Updated: Jul-21-15 5:20 pm
- Greinke now with 43 2-3 scoreless innings, Dodgers top Nats Updated: Jul-19-15 6:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Zack Greinke is really piling up the zeros.
- Espinosa fine after leaving Saturday's game Updated: Jul-19-15 12:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Already minus four of their expected eight regulars, the Washington Nationals avoided losing another player when Danny Espinosa reported for work feeling fine on Sunday.
- Kershaw fans 14, Dodgers split the day with Nationals Updated: Jul-18-15 7:08 pm
- Faulty circuit breaker blamed for outage at Nationals Park Updated: Jul-18-15 11:35 am
WASHINGTON - The Nationals say a faulty circuit breaker caused the power failure that led to the suspension of Friday night's game between Washington and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Bank of lights go out at Nationals Park - twice Updated: Jul-17-15 10:38 pm
WASHINGTON - A faulty bank of lights twice went out at Nationals Park on Friday night, causing the game between Washington and the Los Angeles Dodgers to be delayed on each occasion.
- Orioles, Chen hit the break with a 3-2 loss to Nationals Updated: Jul-12-15 6:18 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles sputtered into the All-Star break looking like a team that could really use a four-day vacation from baseball.
- Scherzer allows 4 hits as Nationals beat Orioles 3-2 Updated: Jul-12-15 5:51 pm
BALTIMORE - Coming off his worst start of the season, Max Scherzer wasn't willing to wait any longer than necessary to get back on the mound.
- Nationals' offense sputters again in 3-2 loss to Orioles Updated: Jul-11-15 12:02 am
BALTIMORE - While their offense struggles to perform without several injured stars, the Washington Nationals are going to have to rely heavily on their pitching to win.
- Reds-Nationals game postponed by rain; no makeup date yet Updated: Jul-08-15 9:11 pm
- Nationals OF Span out until All-Star break with back spasms Updated: Jul-08-15 5:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals center fielder Denard Span will be sidelined through the All-Star break because of lingering back spasms.
- Cueto, Votto outdo Scherzer as Reds beat Nationals 5-0 Updated: Jul-07-15 10:51 pm
WASHINGTON - In a matchup against Max Scherzer and the first-place Washington Nationals, Johnny Cueto lifted his game to another level - perhaps that of an All-Star.
- Nationals slugger Harper to skip All-Star Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-06-15 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper won't participate in the All-Star Home Run Derby because his father isn't available to pitch to him.
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am
- Bochy, Vogelsong ejected in fifth inning against Nationals Updated: Jul-05-15 10:15 pm
WASHINGTON - San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy and starting pitcher Ryan Vogelsong were ejected by plate umpire Phil Cuzzi in the fifth inning Sunday night after complaining about the strike zone.
- Nats put RHP Strasburg on disabled list with oblique strain Updated: Jul-05-15 6:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals have put pitcher Stephen Strasburg back on the 15-day disabled list, this time with a strained left oblique.
- Maybin's 9th-inning single helps Braves beat Scherzer 2-1 Updated: Jul-02-15 10:53 pm
ATLANTA - Cameron Maybin got exactly what he wanted - a chance to make up for his fielding mistake with a big hit against one of the game's best pitchers.
- Phillies beat Nationals 8-5 for doubleheader split Updated: Jun-28-15 9:15 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Nice day for Cesar Hernandez, and win No. 1 for Pete Mackanin with the Phillies.