- Leake struggles again, Cardinals lose to Nationals Updated: Apr-30-16 12:47 am
ST. LOUIS - So far, the St. Louis Cardinals have nothing to show for their biggest offseason move. It was a forgettable April for Mike Leake.
- Strasburg, long balls power Nationals past Cardinals Updated: Apr-30-16 12:29 am
ST. LOUIS - Stephen Strasburg shrugged off a rocky start. The St. Louis Cardinals couldn't touch him later on.
- Nationals lose to Phillies 3-0 and get swept Updated: Apr-28-16 9:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The Nationals maintain one poor series doesn't erase a very good start.
- Rupp's 9th-inning hit lifts Phils over Nats 3-0 for sweep Updated: Apr-28-16 9:07 pm
WASHINGTON - So much for the Washington Nationals' hot start.
- Scherzer says he's in 'funk' after Nats lose to Phillies 4-3 Updated: Apr-27-16 12:12 am
WASHINGTON - After all of six pitches, Max Scherzer had allowed a walk and a two-run homer.
- Twins fan 20 times, fall 6-5 to Nationals in 16 innings Updated: Apr-24-16 8:56 pm
WASHINGTON - In between their 20 strikeouts, the Minnesota Twins made enough solid contact to put themselves in position to win.
- Harper, Perez set up Heisey's HR in 16th, Nats sweep Twins Updated: Apr-24-16 8:45 pm
WASHINGTON - During a career that has spanned five decades, Dusty Baker was pressed to remember a baseball game as zany at this one.
- Suzuki shines at bat and in field, helps Miami beat Nats 5-1 Updated: Apr-21-16 5:15 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki quietly cleaned his cleats in a noisy postgame clubhouse Thursday before packing the shoes for his next game, which will be No. 2,368.
- Marlins muster only 5 hits and lose to Nationals 3-1 Updated: Apr-20-16 11:29 pm
MIAMI - The mood was subdued Wednesday night at Marlins Park, where the home team gave a small crowd little to cheer about.
- Nationals RHP Ross leaves game with blister on middle finger Updated: Apr-20-16 11:25 pm
MIAMI - Washington right-hander Joe Ross left the Nationals' against Miami in the third inning Wednesday with a blister on his right middle finger.
- Galvis, Phils beat Papelbon in 10, end Nats' win streak at 7 Updated: Apr-17-16 6:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ignoring advice from his manager and hitting coach paid off for Freddy Galvis.
- Harper hits 1st slam, 100th HR; Nationals drop Braves to 0-9 Updated: Apr-14-16 8:46 pm
WASHINGTON - After connecting for his first grand slam and 100th career home run, Bryce Harper is already thinking ahead to bigger milestones. His manager is invoking names like Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky.
- Harper hits slam, becomes 8th-youngest player to 100 HRs Updated: Apr-14-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper has hit a grand slam to become the eighth-youngest player to reach 100 career home runs.
- Slumping Braves slugger Freeman healthy scratch vs. Nats Updated: Apr-14-16 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Freddie Freeman admits he's having trouble catching up to fastballs.
- Stephen Strasburg scratched from start because of illness Updated: Apr-13-16 5:21 pm
- Werth comes through as Nationals beat Marlins 4-2 Updated: Apr-10-16 7:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A week into the new season, Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth still has two fewer hits than his team has wins.
- Marlins at Nationals postponed by cold; May 14 makeup date Updated: Apr-09-16 1:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals' game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday was postponed because of unseasonably cold weather and rescheduled as part of a split doubleheader on May 14 at 1:05 p.m.
- Nationals top Braves 3-1 on den Dekker's 2-run double Updated: Apr-06-16 11:37 pm
ATLANTA - Matt den Dekker began the day as a minor leaguer in Syracuse and ended the night as a hero for the Washington Nationals.
- Nationals put CF Ben Revere on DL; recall Matt den Dekker Updated: Apr-06-16 5:57 pm
ATLANTA - Washington Nationals center fielder Ben Revere was placed on the disabled list on Wednesday after playing less than one full game for his new team.
- MLB's new Utley Rule costs Braves a baserunner against Nats Updated: Apr-04-16 7:32 pm
- Nationals star Bryce Harper homers on opening day - again Updated: Apr-04-16 5:08 pm
ATLANTA - Bryce Harper is making a habit of hitting home runs on opening day.
- Racing Presidents to appear at Reagan National Airport Updated: Apr-04-16 3:14 am
WASHINGTON - Four of the Washington Nationals' Racing Presidents will be at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to greet and help board Delta customers on a flight departing for Atlanta.
- Braves near roster limit for opener with Nationals Updated: Apr-02-16 3:07 pm
KISSIMMEE, Florida - The Atlanta Braves reached their opening day roster, adding outfielder Drew Stubbs and pitcher Alexi Ogando and designating for assignment outfielders Michael Bourn and Emilio Bonifacio on Saturday.
- Strasburg, not Gonzalez, gets Game 2 for Nationals at Braves Updated: Apr-02-16 11:49 am
WASHINGTON - Stephen Strasburg will start the second game of the season for the Nationals at the Atlanta Braves, a switch from Washington's original plan.
- Ortiz hits home run in his final spring training at-bat Updated: Mar-31-16 5:29 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - In his final spring training at-bat, David Ortiz hit his first home run of the spring in the Boston Red Sox's 7-4 loss to the Minnesota Twins on Thursday.