- New Jersey Common Core changes might not go far Updated: Jul-12-15 10:24 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Just five years after signing on to adopt the Common Core State Standards, New Jersey officials are unceremoniously signing out.
- Official: Agents raid Jewish university offices near Detroit Updated: Jul-09-15 2:14 am
WEST BLOOMFIELD, Michigan - An official at the U.S. Department of Education says federal agents have raided the Southfield offices of the Michigan Jewish Institute.
- Gates Foundation seeks to ease federal financial aid process Updated: Jul-08-15 4:43 pm
SEATTLE - Two million more young people could get the financial aid they need to go to college if the federal government makes it easier to fill out its financial aid forms, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation said Wednesday.
- Student sues Fordham over demand for mental health records Updated: Jul-03-15 11:36 am
ALBANY, New York - A graduate student has sued Fordham University, seeking $5 million in damages and saying the college violated her civil rights by demanding her entire record of mental health treatment as a condition for returning.
- Officials: Turnaround district failed to use grant money Updated: Jun-30-15 6:46 am
DETROIT - Officials say Michigan's turnaround district for low-performing public schools didn't use millions of dollars in federal funding.
- University of California sued over sex assault claims Updated: Jun-29-15 7:00 pm
OAKLAND, California - Three current and former University of California, Berkeley students sued the school on Monday, accusing administrators of not doing enough to investigate their sexual assault claims and hand out punishment.