- Demolition plan OK'd in southern Ohio uranium plant cleanup Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State and federal agencies have agreed on a plan for demolishing huge buildings and other facilities from a Cold War-era uranium plant in southern Ohio.
- WVU student team selected for solar home building contest Updated: Jul-30-15 3:10 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A team of students from West Virginia University has been selected to participate in a national solar home building contest.
- Oak Ridge reservation cleanup estimate rises to $18 billion Updated: Jul-28-15 9:34 am
OAK RIDGE, Tennessee - The estimate of how much money it will take to complete the government's environmental cleanup responsibilities in Oak Ridge by the year 2047 has risen to $18 billion.
- Federal judge wants deadlines in cleanup at Hanford Updated: Jul-24-15 3:31 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - Specific requirements and deadlines are needed to hold the U.S. Department of Energy accountable in the cleanup at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, a federal judge told state and federal officials on Thursday.
- Northern Pass reviewing report, considering alternatives Updated: Jul-21-15 2:59 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Organizers of the Northern Pass transmission project in New Hampshire say they are analyzing a long-awaited environmental report from the Department of Energy on the project, and have been considering proposed route alternatives as they seek feedback.
- Natural gas surpasses coal as biggest US electricity source Updated: Jul-13-15 1:06 pm
Natural gas overtook coal as the top source of U.S. electric power generation for the first time ever earlier this spring, a milestone that has been in the making for years as the price of gas slides and new regulations make coal more risky for power generators.
- South getting its first big wind farm soon Updated: Jul-12-15 1:55 pm
On a vast tract of old North Carolina farmland, crews are getting ready to build something the South has never seen: a commercial-scale wind energy farm.