- HUD secretary announces 8 new Promise Zone designations Updated: Apr-28-15 4:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - Six metropolitan areas, one rural region and one tribal community have been designated as Promise Zones under an Obama administration program that seeks to revitalize high-poverty communities.
- Indiana east side designated federal Promise Zone Updated: Apr-28-15 3:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An area of Indianapolis' east side where nearly half of residents live in poverty and unemployment is just under 25 percent has been chosen for a federal program that seeks to increase economic activity, improve education and health and reduce violent crime.
- Feds designate Pine Ridge Indian Reservation as Promise Zone Updated: Apr-28-15 1:28 pm
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is among eight communities that the Obama administration has designated as a Promise Zone under a program that seeks to revitalize high-poverty areas.
- Justice Department sues Quicken over mortgage underwriting Updated: Apr-23-15 6:13 pm
NEW YORK - The Justice Department is suing Quicken Loans, saying the lender approved hundreds of mortgage loans that didn't meet federal standards, leaving the government stuck with the bill when borrowers defaulted.
- HUD finds 5 units in Memphis apartment complexes unlivable Updated: Apr-22-15 11:41 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has determined that five units in two Memphis apartment complexes are uninhabitable and is forcing their owner to pay for the relocation of the families who live in them.
- HUD Secretary Castro to visit Oklahoma City memorial site Updated: Apr-22-15 3:19 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development is scheduled to visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial
- HUD awards nearly $360K to help Oklahoma homeless veterans Updated: Apr-21-15 3:19 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Department of Veterans Affairs have awarded nearly $365,000 in Oklahoma to help homeless military veterans find permanent homes.
- HUD to spend $616K on rental help for Colorado veterans Updated: Apr-20-15 2:53 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development says it will spend nearly $616,000 in rental assistance to help homeless veterans in Colorado find homes.
- Federal grants to help Ohioans with housing problems Updated: Apr-15-15 3:11 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Federal housing grants totaling $134,000 are designed to help Ohioans make good decisions about housing and stave off foreclosures.