- $1.6M to help repair low-income St. Joseph housing complex Updated: Apr-22-16 5:21 am
ST. JOSEPH, Michigan - More than $1.6 million is being made available to help fix up crumbling brickwork at a low-income housing development in southwestern Michigan.
- HUD auditors question $2.2M in spending by Baton Rouge Updated: Apr-16-16 3:51 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development audit has found fault with how $2.2 million in federal funds were spent by East Baton Rouge's city-parish government.
- Freedom Mortgage to pay $113M to US government in settlement Updated: Apr-15-16 2:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Freedom Mortgage has agreed to pay $113 million to the U.S. government to settle allegations that it failed to comply with federal rules on mortgages.
- Coats, Donnelly ask HUD to adopt new definition of RVs Updated: Apr-12-16 10:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - U.S. Sens. Dan Coats and Joe Donnelly have asked the Department of Housing and Urban Development to adopt a new definition of recreation vehicles they say is clear.
- Tribes struggle with decades of housing neglect Updated: Apr-09-16 2:06 am
BROWNING, Montana - They call it Moccasin Flats, though the street sign marks it as 3rd Avenue Southwest. This neighborhood, just a few blocks away from Browning Elementary School, represents the worst of housing conditions on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation, the Great Falls Tribune reported (http://gftrib.com/1qlpysO).
- Alaska village receives $450K in HUD grant for fire repairs Updated: Mar-31-16 6:54 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A tiny village in Alaska's interior is getting $450,000 in federal funding for repairs to a fire-damaged building housing the water treatment system.