- Correction: Power Plant-Lawsuit story Updated: Apr-22-16 4:35 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - In a story April 21 about a lawsuit involving the Four Corner Power Plant, The Associated Press reported erroneously the entity that a spokesman for the Navajo Transitional Energy Company was referring to when asked about the possibility of a lawsuit against environmental groups. Erny Zah was referring to the company, not the tribe itself. Zah also said the tribal entity always considers legal action an option but it has no immediate plans to file a lawsuit.
- Michigan gets $2.4M for conservation, recreation projects Updated: Apr-19-16 5:14 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan is getting more than $2.4 million in federal funding for conservation and recreation projects.
- Oil and gas lease cancellation challenged in US court Updated: Apr-15-16 7:55 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Louisiana company challenged the cancellation of an oil and gas lease in northwest Montana on Friday, after federal officials said drilling would disturb an area sacred to the Blackfoot tribes of the U.S. and Canada.
- Feds to review if funds mishandled for California tunnels Updated: Apr-11-16 9:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The federal government will investigate allegations that the state and the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation improperly used federal funds for a $15.7 billion tunnel project that would bring water from Northern to Southern California.
- North Carolina Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-06-16 6:30 pm
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
- Officials celebrate recovery of tiny Kirtland's warbler Updated: Mar-31-16 1:31 pm
GRAYLING, Michigan - Officials say a long battle to save a Michigan songbird from extinction has succeeded.