- California tells for-profit chain to stop enrolling veterans Updated: May-15-15 9:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A for-profit college company with 15 campuses in California was ordered by the state Friday to stop enrolling new or returning students who plan to fund their educations with GI Bill benefits.
- Woman says VA harvested husband's organs without permission Updated: May-15-15 6:05 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - A Murfreesboro woman is suing the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for $2.5 million because she says the organization harvested her husband's organs after his death last year even though he was not a donor.
- Cincinnati VA holds fair to provide information for veterans Updated: May-14-15 3:10 am
CINCINNATI - An information fair in southwest Ohio is offering veterans and other military personnel a chance to get answers to questions about health benefits, pensions and other topics.
- Viable interim VA facility found for Lake Charles Updated: May-09-15 12:02 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs says it has identified a location for a clinic in Lake Charles.
- RI man under investigation for allegedly taking headstones Updated: May-06-15 10:14 am
EXETER, Rhode Island - Officials say a state employee who works at the Rhode Island Veterans' Memorial Cemetery is being investigated by an arm of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for taking discarded headstones estimated to be worth more than $80,000.
- Ohio vets' medical care to expand under Air Force, VA pact Updated: May-03-15 8:56 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An agreement intended to help decrease wait times for veterans seeking medical care has been forged between Air Force and Veterans Affairs officials in Ohio.
- Johnson subpoenas VA inspector general for Tomah documents Updated: Apr-30-15 2:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - U.S. Senator Ron Johnson says he has subpoenaed the Department of Veterans Affairs' Office of the Inspector General for information on an embattled medical center in Tomah.
- Ohio groups get nearly $1.9M to assist homeless veterans Updated: Apr-26-15 9:32 am
CINCINNATI - Eleven Ohio agencies will receive nearly $1.9 million to help homeless veterans find and maintain permanent housing.
- Gulf Coast VA gets 80 new housing vouchers for homeless vets Updated: Apr-23-15 10:10 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has awarded 80 new housing vouchers for homeless military veterans on the northern Gulf Coast.